Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

Thanx for clarification,I seriously only wan´t to condole with everyone.Offer services is most secondary. As provider i simply have standards like ISO what i fallow and its not understandable its in US otherwise. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • mkshmksh Member

@wavecomas said:
    Sorry for my bad English.

No problem, my estonian is way worse. It's a crazy hard language.

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

@mksh said:

@wavecomas said:
    Sorry for my bad English.

No problem, my estonian is way worse. It's a crazy hard language.

Most definatley harder then every other EU language

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2018

deank said: P.S. I don't think Delimiter broke the servers. They are doing this intentionally to get some cheapass customers off their back.

I tend more to believe that they suffered a few different issues, but the most likely the start of it was failure of the HVAC, then servers overheating and the likely reason they don't want to advertise this is because I remember they got half the customers they have from here in a refuge offer because another provider here had similar issues. Them announcing they had HVAC issues would simply make them seem exactly as incompetent as the company they screwed over taking their customer last time around, so it likely isn't something they want to shout from the mountaintops or even disclose.

Instead, they just broke all communications and have tried to restore what they can as they can, including replacing customer hardware with completely different hardware.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that at the same time they changed the location of the servers to another datacenter, which would explain the weird routing transition issues that were seen before stuff actually started to come back online.

All of this is just supposition, but seems like it would make logical sense based on what has transpired here.

my 2 cents.

P.S. The end is nigh!

Cheers!

• My slot is up!

• NealSNealS Member

AlyssaD said: My slot is up!

Wow, congrats. Still no progress on mine.

• lazytlazyt Member

Mine are still down as well

• I somehow feel they did not have any big problems... they just pruned their hardware and customer base to get rid off the cheapstake offers and then sell/hand off their aged hardware. They just consolidated their hardware and business.

• @mehargags said:
    I somehow feel they did not have any big problems... they just pruned their hardware and customer base to get rid off the cheapstake offers and then sell/hand off their aged hardware. They just consolidated their hardware and business.

Then why would they power me up?

• BruceBruce Member

@mehargags said:
    I somehow feel they did not have any big problems... they just pruned their hardware and customer base

my annual spend is just a bit more than most, and I got hit too. I dont think its about dumping cheapskates. I have my own thoughts on this, but I dont think they would dump customers this way

if they wanted to void themselves of poor margin customers, they'd just have to say they were doing something outside their T&Cs., but they havent. I choose to believe that something happened, and they'd provide service if they could. nothing excuses the lack of communication. maybe we will get some compensation. lets wait and see

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@AlyssaD said:

You overcame the ordeal they threw at you. They got tired of waiting for you to give up.

So, you win this round. Now, wait another year for another spectacular downtime.

• @deank said:

@AlyssaD said:

You overcame the ordeal they threw at you. They got tired of waiting for you to give up.

So, you win this round. Now, wait another year for another spectacular downtime.

I doubt it.

One should always doubt Delimiter.

• @deank said:
    One should always doubt Delimiter.

I meant I doubt I will be a customers, or they will be in business at that point in time.

• @Bruce said:

@mehargags said:
    I somehow feel they did not have any big problems... they just pruned their hardware and customer base

my annual spend is just a bit more than most, and I got hit too. I dont think its about dumping cheapskates. I have my own thoughts on this, but I dont think they would dump customers this way

if they wanted to void themselves of poor margin customers, they'd just have to say they were doing something outside their T&Cs., but they havent. I choose to believe that something happened, and they'd provide service if they could. nothing excuses the lack of communication. maybe we will get some compensation. lets wait and see

They told PayPal I had been given compensation. They wrote more in their reply to PayPal trying to get my disputed dismissed then in any of their communications to their customers.

That reminds me of serverhand fiasco.

• They infringed their SLA... weeks of downtime and then leave you with a dead server.
    They sold off their hardware and consolidated whatever is left and threw it to us as if the paying customers are like beggars who would settle on anything that is thrown to them.

I can live with a big mistake or even a disaster, but I don't settle out with liars... they bluffed and mal-handled important customer data.
    They breached the very contract and the morality of business bigtime. I would encourage everyone to Send mail to your bank / Paypal and raise a chargeback. Be it $15 or $150... its not for the money, but to put a flag on such fraudulent, inconsiderate, irresponsible business which is not fit to exist and fringe buyers any further. It is a moral responsibility of the community and the affected to flash this issue as high and deep as possible

• Man what happened to de limiter since I’ve been gone the last two or so years.

Holy cow.

• @cmsjr123 said:
    Man what happened to de limiter since I’ve been gone the last two or so years.

Holy cow.

Lots of great things. They expanded. Hired a hole poptart sale team. Things are going great!

• @AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

Holy cow.

Lots of great things. They expanded. Hired a hole poptart sale team. Things are going great!

I remember when they sent the first pop tarts out.

I take it has gotten worse. Man. I remember the fights that had in here to.

• @cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

Holy cow.

Mike seems to have left. With that, so did the companies drive it seems. They are just decaying into a corpse it seems.

• @AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

Holy cow.

Mike seems to have left. With that, so did the companies drive it seems. They are just decaying into a corpse it seems.

I’m glad to be able to host my own crap now.

I remember they were some of the first people threw out there. But alas. All fall eventually.

• @cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

Holy cow.

I remember they were some of the first people threw out there. But alas. All fall eventually.

Why I have kept them is so that I could have a backup that wasn't attached to any of my other hosts. I think I might start looking into uploading my backups to google cloud or something.

• @AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

@AlyssaD said:

@cmsjr123 said:

Holy cow.

Why I have kept them is so that I could have a backup that wasn't attached to any of my other hosts. I think I might start looking into uploading my backups to google cloud or something.

Personally one drive and my local NAS

• Still down. Day 24.

• @AlyssaD said:

I used my Delimiter clearance server for the same purpose. Also as a third DNS.

This incident forced me to get off my duff and write the necessary shell scripts to use Backblaze B2 for backups. Much better solution. Much more stable and trustworthy vendor. It's also less expensive, if all you are doing is storing backups.

• lazytlazyt Member

Yep one of mine was a backup storage server. Both of mine are still down.

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited July 2018

@Twickbot said:
    Still down. Day 24.

>

That is beyond bad. At this point, a person would have to be a masochist or a fool to continue using them.

Note: I'm not calling you either. I am speaking generally, if people still continue using them AFTER this fiasco.

edited July 2018

I think those who go for the cheapest of the cheapest of the crappiest are masochists actually. The amount of pain they go through just to get a slice of those and being disappointed (on surface, happy inside) in the end.

Yep, Ms.

• I switched to an OVH KS server for about same price and more performance but less ram. At least there I know what I'm getting.