Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• I got my one server up with data intact yesterday. I think they had some major issue and I think it’s quite commendable on their part that they are trying to get everyone backup, don’t know how many others out there would have kept on trying to fix even when the cost would outweigh the price paid for the servers. Agreed that they made a mistake and to be honest it could happen to anyone. but besides their lack of communication I think they are quite solid. guess 99% uptime won’t be their thing. but they maybe in the game for the long run so possibly worth another shot especially for their pricing

• FalzoFalzo Member

I also got my box back today... kind of.

cpus and ram are there. but also a hardware raid card I never had. and only one out of two HDDs... softraid was kind of broken, LO100 refused to boot from any kind of ISO/virtual media. that's life.

managed to get it to boot from the one disk left somehow. at least into initramfs and luckily the root partition was assembled into the according raid device (one disk only, but who cares), so despite all errors got it on read-only. ofc network was fucked too because there is now no eth0. so also resolved that and eventually got a connection from outside to be able to pull some data.

tbh all that was not needed, because I had no stuff on it that I really would have needed back - but I guess working that way through a mess like that and trying to recover as much as possible is never a bad lesson ;-)

once I am done I am most likely just wiping the disk and then going to immediatly cancel the server. maybe that helps someone else to get hands on his data, if they can reuse this hardware soon.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • zedzed Member

@moizizzy said:
    I got my one server up with data intact yesterday. I think they had some major issue and I think it’s quite commendable on their part that they are trying to get everyone backup, don’t know how many others out there would have kept on trying to fix even when the cost would outweigh the price paid for the servers. Agreed that they made a mistake and to be honest it could happen to anyone. but besides their lack of communication I think they are quite solid. guess 99% uptime won’t be their thing. but they maybe in the game for the long run so possibly worth another shot especially for their pricing

We don't know if it's commendable or not until they admit to what's going on. I also don't think lying about the majority of their clients being back online last week counts as simple lack of communication, but ymmv.

• Server went down, earlier this month. Opened a ticket, took some time and now I am back up online with data intact. Not the fastest restore time, but for that price I'm fine with that.

• TomTom Member

@Martin78 said:

why the hell they just don't give access to disks?? this is insane

Simple solution: restore from backups ;-)

Also, how would they give access to disks?

• FalzoFalzo Member

Tom said: Also, how would they give access to disks?

probably by putting them into their slot hosting ... oh. wait. :-D

Thanked by 2Tom imok
  • Does anyone here have a copy of the Delimiter SLA? If so could you please put it somewhere that I can download it from?

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited June 2018

Delimiter doesn't offer SLA.

https://www.delimiter.com/terms-conditions/

• BruceBruce Member

I've been with delimiter since 2014, and never seen a SLA. apart from this current outage and the power issue 18 months ago I've had very very little downtime. however support has always been hit and miss. I assume there is no SLA. certainly the current T&Cs state "no warranty", so I doubt we will get anything

• zedzed Member

Any longtime customer knows they have power issues every summer & support is tedious at best, but it's $16?/mo so you put up with the sporadic problems.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am more surprised that no one has sued them yet.

And I think it's tragic that some are actually looking for SLA compensation.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

deank said: I am more surprised that no one has sued them yet.

Need low-end lawyer?

• BruceBruce Member

what lowend outsourced support are they using

• I think that langage used in the terms in conditions might be illegal in some countries/regions. like "YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF Delimiter USA SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY Delimiter USA ARE AVAILABLE AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR GUARANTESS APPLIED."

you are selling a service for a duration of time. you cannot just say too bad if you stop it and cannot provide said service anymore

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • IshaqIshaq Member

qps said: Need low-end lawyer?

Saul Goodman.

• 1 server back up, in completely different hardware so wont boot.
    Booted system rescue cd from their panel, mounted the disks and furiously backing up.

• @paradoxx said:
    1 server back up, in completely different hardware so wont boot.

How did you know that your server back up if it wont boot?

• FalzoFalzo Member

Twickbot said: How did you know that your server back up if it wont boot?

most likely because they sent a mail. at least I got one, after they brought my box back online.

• I'm still down. :(

• Same here - still down. It will be a full month down in 2 days. Oh happy days :-)

• lazytlazyt Member

Still down as well

• down too, 20 days or something like that :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ishaq said:

qps said: Need low-end lawyer?

Saul Goodman.

Better call Saul !

@larivee said:
    I think that langage used in the terms in conditions might be illegal in some countries/regions. like "YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF Delimiter USA SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY Delimiter USA ARE AVAILABLE AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR GUARANTESS APPLIED."

you are selling a service for a duration of time. you cannot just say too bad if you stop it and cannot provide said service anymore

It doesn’t matter, because surely the contract one has signed if their own will, specified a mutually agreed jurisdiction of where Delimiter has a HQ ;-).

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

If someone like to look new opportunities here, we will provide dedi´s with support SLA less then 30min. Letter to customer service will guarantee better price. And no expensive pricing then delimiter , except 250$ year promotions.. Anyhow as provider last 7 year of HPE blades there is really no way to destroy your server in similar way.. Its simply not possible..

• @wavecomas said:
    If someone like to look new opportunities here, we will provide dedi´s with support SLA less then 30min. Letter to customer service will guarantee better price. And no expensive pricing then delimiter , except 250$ year promotions.. Anyhow as provider last 7 year of HPE blades there is really no way to destroy your server in similar way.. Its simply not possible..

What?

@AlyssaD said:

@wavecomas said:

What?

Im sorry but what is a word im not understanding now.. Maybe because im from Estonia..

• lazytlazyt Member

He is asking the meaning of your post.

@lazyt said:
    He is asking the meaning of your post.

Meaning is mostly that i have deal with HPE blades like decade. There is no such firmware bug present like i have heard here. And its kind of unbelievable to one serious operator. I had 0 customers after such failure. I really don´t say anything about delimiter - its just unreal sometimes to fallow this thread. Sorry when i interrupted.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@wavecomas said:
    If someone like to look new opportunities here, we will provide dedi´s with support SLA less then 30min.

If someone is looking for an alternative we can provide dedicated servers with a guaranteed support response time of less than 30 minutes.

Letter to customer service will guarantee better price.

Just contact our customer support to get a discount.

And no expensive pricing then delimiter , except 250$ year promotions..

Our servers are at the same price level as Delimiter except for the the fact that we don't do any $250 per year promotions.

Anyhow as provider last 7 year of HPE blades there is really no way to destroy your server in similar way.. Its simply not possible..

Anyways, as a provider using HPE blades for 7 years now i can tell you it's really impossible to break them as badly as Delimiter did.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

mksh has gained a level in glibberish translation!

P.S. I don't think Delimiter broke the servers. They are doing this intentionally to get some cheapass customers off their back.

Thanked by 2mksh imok