Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• @Foul said:

DewlanceVPS said: This is your 10th account? One day you will be also exposed and banned.

I wonder if you're ever going to get the boot out of your mouth, and stop making accusations. You're acting like you know every single LET member IP address, and account history instead of owning up and admitting to that you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

And all his personal messages he is sending in private messages won’t get him anywhere either

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

@cmsjr123 said:
    So as you can see here. This is completely in professional. Personal attacks just lead to another ban. No matter how much you paid sometimes others pay more eh. I’m thinking... 2 days tip before an ip ban

wow, If you will do personal attack then it will be counted in "good" thing. Seems you are now using multiple proxy to manage it. First post from cmsjr123 then foul. One by one ;)

Lol you literally are an idiot. I can’t belive you can’t process what you did and what your doing when trying to represent. Lol. Did you start a go fund me account to get some marketing and business education classes yet.

• hoslerhosler Member

can we get back on topic and talk about how my server is still down

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • lazytlazyt Member

Can we ban the ones who dragged their dick measuring contest in here?

Thanked by 1TheInvisibleOne
  • NealSNealS Member

Well my PayPal dispute went nowhere. I bought the annual plan and it's been just over 6 months, which is the dispute time limit. The dispute gets closed immediately and a call to the Paypal helpdesk gets "that's our policy".

And before this fuels the LET drama, yes, I've sent emails to Delimiter asking for restored service or refund. And of course received no response.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, you cannot blame Paypal for that if it's over 180 days.

• 3 days, 4h 47m 24s 

• 4 days, 4h 59m 45s

• Does no one pay with a credit card? There was a scam let offer long ago and I just filled out a form and got my money back. I assume that works when using a CC through PayPal, too?

• @torrbox said:
    Does no one pay with a credit card? There was a scam let offer long ago and I just filled out a form and got my money back. I assume that works when using a CC through PayPal, too?

I am in a year contract, and I'm far more than 6 months into it. I have like no hope on getting a refund or anything.

edited July 2018

@torrbox said:
    Does no one pay with a credit card? There was a scam let offer long ago and I just filled out a form and got my money back. I assume that works when using a CC through PayPal, too?

A typical scam on LET runs like this.

Dirt cheap deals in either annual or longer. A banned host here ran for 3 year deals. Provide service for at least 180 days and you are chargeback / PP dispute proof.

LET lurkers fall for it every single time, mostly.

• @deank said:

A typical scam on LET runs like this.

Dirt cheap deals in either annual or longer. A banned host here ran for 3 year deals. Provide service for at least 180 days and you are chargeback / PP dispute proof.

LET lurkers fall for it every single time, mostly.

Back then paypal disputes didn't even cover "digital goods", including servers, so everyone using it was out of luck. I paid with a credit card (not through PayPal).

Around 5-7 months after paying for the yearly plan the servers went down for everyone and I filed a clain with my bank (filled out a form) and had the full amount back the next day.

• @AlyssaD said:

@torrbox said:

I am in a year contract, and I'm far more than 6 months into it. I have like no hope on getting a refund or anything.

Why not? Did you pay with a credit card? Then just file a claim with your bank and see what happens. I did that for the full amount 6 months in when a server company disappeared with everyone's money.

@torrbox said:
    Back then paypal disputes didn't even cover "digital goods", including servers, so everyone using it was out of luck. I paid with a credit card (not through PayPal).

Around 5-7 months after paying for the yearly plan the servers went down for everyone and I filed a clain with my bank (filled out a form) and had the full amount back the next day.

People will lose such a case most likely, 8 out of 10 times.

Scammer still wins in the end. Rename his brand and repeat.

• @deank said:

@torrbox said:

People will lose such a case most likely, 8 out of 10 times.

Scammer still wins in the end. Rename his brand and repeat.

Why would they lose? It's pretty standard to charge back something on your credit card, if you don't get what you paid for, and it's definitely worth a try.

Of course this " insurance" is paid for by fees either the seller or the buyer pay (so essentially always the buyer) and the scammer might win some, but in this thread it's just bad service.

If it's over 6 months, good luck. You won't even have an option to file a dispute via paypal. You can certainly persuade your CC company but that's really pushing the limit and your CC company will leave a record on you for that, not to mention a chance of getting your paypal account frozen if it's linked.

If you have read this thread, you will find that people have opened dispute for those who are still within 180 day limit. Some won. Some lost.

• It isn't worth alerting my CC company to have them contact and possibly damage my paypal rating for a hundred dollars and giving delimiter the middle finger.

I paid with paypal, if you didn't catch the drift.

• @AlyssaD said:
    It isn't worth alerting my CC company to have them contact and possibly damage my paypal rating for a hundred dollars and giving delimiter the middle finger.

I paid with paypal, if you didn't catch the drift.

It won't damage your "PayPal rating". 5 seconds of Google told me they'll take the money back from the seller and PayPal won't even fight it if it has a low chance of success.

PayPal will take over the chargeback for the seller, if PayPal has previously decided in their favor, and the buyer decided to file a claim with the credit card company afterwards.

So stop being all concerned and waiting, but instead rightfully (!) charge back money for a service you did not receive, then move on. It's that simple.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • albuckalbuck Member

Paypal just refunded me $60 for three months renewal of service I had paid while my server wasn't even on line. (I was using it for tests. Won't make that mistake again.) Delimiter escalated it from a dispute (item not received) to a claim, and I thought that was some Paypal ninja move, but I paid $60 on June 26, filed the dispute on June 30 and they ruled in my favor today. In my original submission, I included a link to this comment thread as evidence of the service disaster, so that might be helpful to others.

• I Also got my case resolved and received full refund for the pre-paid year.

• Its astounding. Was looking at offers on WHT and i see Delimiter-sales posting threads yet in the "delimiter outage" thread they havent made one appearance. Happy to sell, no time to fix.

• YelaYela Member

I was also just refunded by PayPal. 2 months worth of services back in my PayPal. Fuck you delimiter.

• my god. server down since this mess started, tickets ignored. tried to provision a new OS on the server and that also failed...

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@lossehelin said:
    my god. server down since this mess started, tickets ignored. tried to provision a new OS on the server and that also failed...

It does seem to me they are going under. They have ALWAYS been very responsive and now nothing. Not even the twitter account which I have had many a DM conversation with. Shame.

• KrisKris Member

Looks like the Paypal algorithm's tipped so they can't feed bullshit anymore based upon number of complaints. Ergo, most are gonna get refunded. Submit your well-worded Paypal chargebacks now before Eden rolls out another shitty city of fiber!

• thing is that last year I triedto buy asecond server from them, that never got delivered and I requested a cancelation on the order. After they refused to refund the money because it is not company policy to refund orders (despite they failed to provide me with the server). SO now I have $250 credit plus a $200 server still with 5 months left on the contract + the almost 2 months that has been offline. so it is not looking good. lol now I contacted paypal to see what can be done since you guys have reported success with this,

• so i got and update from t his situation. paypal claimed the $250 although it hasnt given it back to me. This made delimiter open a ticket saying i owe then $250 for the server i never got which i request a cancelation. on top of that they canceled my current server. only had ths warning on my email:
    We've just received chargeback for transaction #0
    Related invoice: 1037188 will be marked as Unpaid.
    Please note: Leaving invoice in Unpaid state may result in related service suspension!

So at the moment, i still dont have the $250 nor i have any server and the remaining 5 months contract been obliterated.... delimiter is becoming a joke....

• Update: they closed my account. im at a $366.67 loss.

• lossehelin said: Update: they closed my account. im at a $366.67 loss.

Once the PayPal dispute is finalized, if they end up winning, call PayPal directly and discuss the issue with them. Usually they assist with better review of the case and in most cases will find in your case. Worst case though, for that much money, if you used a credit card I would charge back if PayPal decides to go against you. I would hope, however, that someone manually reviewing your case will see how Delimiter has been acting and their recent string of charge backs and would side with you anyways.

my 2 cents.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Just lost my dispute. I am not giving up, and reappealing. It is not about the money. Its about delimiteD getting some justice. It is not okay, that I have had my server down for over 2 months, no response from them, yet when PayPal tries to get in touch with them - they reply ASAP. This is straight up scam, and they should probably be banned from here.