Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2018

@lossehelin said:
    so i got and update from t his situation. paypal claimed the $250 although it hasnt given it back to me. This made delimiter open a ticket saying i owe then $250 for the server i never got which i request a cancelation. on top of that they canceled my current server. only had ths warning on my email:
    We've just received chargeback for transaction #0
    Related invoice: 1037188 will be marked as Unpaid.
    Please note: Leaving invoice in Unpaid state may result in related service suspension!

So at the moment, i still dont have the $250 nor i have any server and the remaining 5 months contract been obliterated.... delimiter is becoming a joke....

@lossehelin said:
    Update: they closed my account. im at a $366.67 loss.

My lord. Can't imagine. I recommend following LinuxBug's advice (very good). Good luck friend..

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2018

Delimiter is showing summer hosts how to make money.

Even if they lose more than 50% of chargebacks, at 250 ~ 350 bucks a pop, it makes profit.

• rdesrdes Member

I don't know why paypal still have problem with refunds. They're really thinking that so many people is making their stories of continuous downtime and blaming delimiter without reason? ;)
    My friend also lost his refund case, reappeled and now he's has been waiting again for over two weeks now...

That's because Paypal is not a small company. Each case is likely handled by different people.

• @deank said:
    That's because Paypal is not a small company. Each case is likely handled by different people.

meh. Those jerks at paypal always say you won a case but their final response is a "curtesy" refund.

• Contact Atlanta tv stations and the Georgia attorney General if you are alleging fraud aided by the datacenter lease owner in their state

• I can't believe you guys aren't calling the datacenter. I mean wtf... did they just re-sell everyone's servers?

I bet they just turned it off and decided to see how it goes.

Zero money spent and nice income.

• @OmgpleaseRead said:
    Contact Atlanta tv stations and the Georgia attorney General if you are alleging fraud aided by the datacenter lease owner in their state

I suggest the same...

• @deank said:

@torrbox said:
    Does no one pay with a credit card? There was a scam let offer long ago and I just filled out a form and got my money back. I assume that works when using a CC through PayPal, too?

A typical scam on LET runs like this.

Dirt cheap deals in either annual or longer. A banned host here ran for 3 year deals. Provide service for at least 180 days and you are chargeback / PP dispute proof.

LET lurkers fall for it every single time, mostly.

Funny you mention 180 days, the thread started 185 days after they sent out the Black Friday deals.

They knew what they were doing.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • DaveQBDaveQB Member

Damn sounds like bad intentions there. Although I have had my Delimiter server running great guns since 2015.....until June 2018 of course.

• Dave, I had no big issues with delimeter for years, I have spend a good amount of money with them throughout these years and was very happy with them until problems start last December culminating on the fist of june. A stable company would not act like this hence my suspects of them going down. I just need to get my money back asap

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2018

@lossehelin said:
    Update: they closed my account. im at a $366.67 loss.
    @deank said:
    They knew what they were doing.

Let's dispel with this fiction that Delimiter doesn't know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing

edited July 2018

They know what they are doing.

They are not ditching and scamming everyone. They are scamming a randomly selected group, waiting 180 days and ditch them.
    As long as there are people who say they are fine with Delimiter, lurkers will still buy their service because it's too good to pass.

Even those who lost their money don't seem to have strong negative view of the event, partially because it's been too cheap(good) for them and they are willing to overlook.

Again, they know what they are doing.

• rdes said: I don't know why paypal still have problem with refunds. They're really thinking that so many people is making their stories of continuous downtime and blaming delimiter without reason? ;) My friend also lost his refund case, reappeled and now he's has been waiting again for over two weeks now...

Likely because they have already taken Delimiters account negative and once this is the case it really isn't helpful to PayPal (they lose money) at that point to side with the end user as they realize they are out money they will never get back. If they can at that point they will side with the business in hopes that the end user doesn't continue to pursue it. If you call them though and keep at it, by all of their policies they really have no reason to refuse you in the end.

Remember, PayPal is a business, if they can slow the bleeding in some way, they will at least try.

Just make sure you keep following up as you mentioned and it should work out in your favor.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2rdes torrbox
  • @AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:
    Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

There is no way, no way you can defend taking money and not delivering on what the customer gave you that money for.

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

• @huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:
    Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

There is no way, no way you can defend taking money and not delivering on what the customer gave you that money for.

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

Huh, what does this have to do with Apple? I mean seriously, fuck off. You are just trying to play a lame game of "Windows is better than Apple." or some other bs at this point. Need for browny points much?

• update: so paypal goes in favor og delimiter because delimiter says the server was delivered to me. This is a claim regarding a server purchase i did that never got delivered to me. i had to cancel the purchases sbecause after more than 2 weeks it was never deployed despite them saying it would be in the next few days. So they didnt refund me but gave me credit. I dont know how delimiter proved paypal they delivered the server. Delimiter is becoming a joke and absolute crooks.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited July 2018

I suggest every paypal dispute followup should have a reference link to this discussion thread for Paypal to see how consumers are being defrauded by this lame company.

• Long time lurker on this post. 100% Fraudulent, they know what they are doing. I even asked delimited if they would let me upgrade and retain the hard disks...their sales team was even useless in the face of offering more money.

I am not going to open a dispute, its a loss on my business act, $200/yr for one server and $20/m on the other. They still sent me an invoice reminder!

So now I am in need of a 16-24GBS server. I am the only user on the server since its used for data science. The more ram the better in fact. Can anyone else who was screwed recommend a good competitor? For me its all about RAM but most dedicated servers focus on bandwidth, hard drive etc.

thanks and good luck everybody.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • rdesrdes Member

@ehk11611 nocix is way way better than delimiter. Same for dacentec (I use both).

• @AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

Huh, what does this have to do with Apple? I mean seriously, fuck off. You are just trying to play a lame game of "Windows is better than Apple." or some other bs at this point. Need for browny points much?

Apple has a long-standing reputation is severe product defects they don't honor under warranty. This is coming from an Apple fan, I will own up to the fact they do this a lot, especially on iPhones. I have yet to see a large enough class action suit come against them.

• @huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

Apple has a long-standing reputation is severe product defects they don't honor under warranty. This is coming from an Apple fan, I will own up to the fact they do this a lot, especially on iPhones. I have yet to see a large enough class action suit come against them.

This isn't the same.

Apple didn't take a product or service away from someone, like what is going on in this thread.

Apple didn't have a defective product that they just turned off so you couldn't use it at all.

Apple didn't up and have over a month downtime with a service, and not offer compensation.

You are comparing an Apple to a fucking rat.

• @ehk11611 said:
    Long time lurker on this post. 100% Fraudulent, they know what they are doing. I even asked delimited if they would let me upgrade and retain the hard disks...their sales team was even useless in the face of offering more money.

I am not going to open a dispute, its a loss on my business act, $200/yr for one server and $20/m on the other. They still sent me an invoice reminder!

So now I am in need of a 16-24GBS server. I am the only user on the server since its used for data science. The more ram the better in fact. Can anyone else who was screwed recommend a good competitor? For me its all about RAM but most dedicated servers focus on bandwidth, hard drive etc.

thanks and good luck everybody.

I've gone with Hetzner.
    HostUs are good too. I have signed up to one of their StorageVM offerings that is not on the site. Need to ask them.

• @rdes said:
    @ehk11611 nocix is way way better than delimiter. Same for dacentec (I use both).

Nice. That looks like some good pricing. Good customer service?

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@ehk11611 give me a shout what you're trying to replace. We replaced a few people's Delimiter boxes for same specs/price or close in our West Virginia location (some instances obviously weren't possible to match).

• rdesrdes Member

@DaveQB said:

@rdes said:

Nice. That looks like some good pricing. Good customer service?

So far no problems, nocix had some outages but all has been handled in timely manner...

• @AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

This isn't the same.

Apple didn't take a product or service away from someone, like what is going on in this thread.

Apple didn't have a defective product that they just turned off so you couldn't use it at all.

Apple didn't up and have over a month downtime with a service, and not offer compensation.

You are comparing an Apple to a fucking rat.

You sir have not been using Apple at all, or very long. :)
    Considering you compared it to a fucking rat, well... I present to you THE RAT

• @OmgpleaseRead said:
    Contact Atlanta tv stations and the Georgia attorney General if you are alleging fraud aided by the datacenter lease owner in their state

Has anyone attempted the Attorney General option?

Reading their website, it seems like it might be a good option if it were undertaken in a coordinated fashion (i.e. many affected consumers vs one company).