Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The old HardClouds' Failures - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The old HardClouds' Failures

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited October 2013

@HardCloud said:
    i do not have nodes with dual CPU's

Oktay
    What's your server node's uplink?

Mitchell
    3Gbps on our E5's.
    1Gbs on our E3's.
    You recieve speeds around 900-1200Mbps usually.

• I don't have dual procs either but that doesn't mean I believe they are some kind of single-server failover deal.

• @serverian said:
    You recieve speeds around 900-1200Mbps usually.

Single E5-2620 64GB RAM
    Single E3-1270 32GB RAM

Not a dual CPU.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited October 2013

@HardCloud said:

Mitchell
    Yes, i'm sure.
    I can provide you a speedtest from the host node if you'd like.
    It may not show the full 3GigaBit as we have over 80 VM's on our dual E5's.
    Hence why we have a 3Gbps uplink with our E5's.
    Since it balances out to be around about 1Gbps speeds each VM receives.

• @HardCloud liar liar, E5s on fire!

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited October 2013

@serverian said:

We did have a dual E5 2 days ago, never had a CPU fail, we migrated everyone off of that to one of our new nodes.

• @HardCloud

Fucking...

I've never had a CPU fail on me, as far as i knew the data center just replaces it. I'm not going to lie and say i do, because i don't, i do not have nodes with dual CPU's nor do i run my own computer with dual CPU's. So to be honest with you, i don't.

We did have a dual E5 2 days ago, never had a CPU fail, we migrated everyone off of that to our new node.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

You could never guarantee 100% uptime, why does google/amazon not do it? Its just no possible.

• @serverian said:

Pointing out these little discrepancies is kinda pointless when it's so obvious that this guy couldn't pass a COMPTIA A+ exam

• @chauffer said:
    HardCloud liar liar, E5s on fire!

It's OK! as long as the second E5 isn't on fire the host won't go down!

It's the magic of the cloud, you see

• @chauffer said:
    HardCloud

Fucking...

We don't have any Dual CPU nodes. I just told you, we terminated that node 2 days ago.

• @Infinity580 said:
    You could never guarantee 100% uptime, why does google/amazon not do it? Its just no possible.

?

• i do not have nodes with dual CPU's

We did have a dual E5 2 days ago

I think it's sleep time for you :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@HardCloud

Our nodes don't go down.
    It is impossible

• @serverian said:
    I think it's sleep time for you :)

I do
    We did

There is a difference serverian :)

• @HardCloud so, you had nodes with dual CPUs, and you don't know how they work?

• @HardCloud said:

• What was the reason for this migration?
    • Did you actually have 3Gbps uplink on that Dual E5 node?
  • @HardCloud said:
    I do We did
    There is a difference serverian :)

You are HardCloud. You represent it as a whole, so, I cannot tell the difference.

• He doesn't get how single CPUs work either

• @serverian said:

Single E5's were cheaper, could offer cheaper budget VM's.
    Yes, it was a 3Gbps uplink

We did have dual E5's
    We do "NOT" anymore

There is a difference.

I do not understand you @texteditor

• spekkspekk Member
    edited October 2013

From what I understand, this HardCloud Charles/Damon guy bought a business from that "mate" Mitchell from Australia, I think he is new to the business and well needs some time I guess. I will give this guy a chance for now becaue maybe only Mitchell was full of S, this guy seems a bit more honest, I mean all the claims that were made about the RAID10 backups, 100% uptime and server working with 1 CPU, were made by the old owner, or so it seems, this guy only fell for your CPU trap, probably because he is too nervous.

On the other hand, you guys act like you are in a police station, questioning a guy that killed someone, he is just new, and I think he's got more than he can handle at the moment.

Anyway, I think the problem is not actually the business ownership, the lack of knowledge, but the "Cloud" in the name of the business. I agree with you guys they are not providing cloud services, but normal VPS services, but there's a lot of people using VDS, like it's different from VPS, just to hype the product, not to mention the "Unmetered inbound" trick, and well as another user posted before, most "cloud" providers are not providing cloud services.

Thanked by 1asf
  • @spekk said:

In case you missed, it seems to be started here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/337854/#Comment_337854

I don't know who really is. But yeah, the guy who is typing in the forum right now is more honest than the guy who was on the Live Chat.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said:
    joepie91 welcome back!

Not intending to be here very often - I'm trying to cut down on forum usage, it's distracting me too much :) But, thanks regardless!

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Hello All,

I would like to settle a few things; and help to work out whatever confusion has created this thread.

I am truly the current owner of HardCloud, I purchased the company and am working towards fixing up everything that has been mis-advertised in the past (such as the 100% uptime (with lack of IP fail-over) and other obvious issues with the "Cloud" branding.

Our sales staff are meant to use this and other accounts to advertise the service, and have accounts on LiveChat and the likes to help users get the service they deserve, as I'm not awake 24/7.

This thread is... all over the place, and I'm not entirely sure what has been said by who; or where. I would love if someone could update me on exactly what false has been said by my sales staff, and what I can do to help fix this up (ie: what needs to be "straightened out" as an earlier post said.)

Regards,

Director Damon Blais

Albino Geek Services Ltd.

• @HardCloud said:
    This thread is... all over the place, and I'm not entirely sure what has been said by who; or where. I would love if someone could update me on exactly what false has been said by my sales staff, and what I can do to help fix this up (ie: what needs to be "straightened out" as an earlier post said.)

So you want a tl;dr of your own PR problem?

• @spekk said:
    From what I understand, this HardCloud Charles/Damon guy bought a business from that "mate" Mitchell from Australia, I think he is new to the business and well needs some time I guess. I will give this guy a chance for now becaue maybe only Mitchell was full of S, this guy seems a bit more honest, I mean all the claims that were made about the RAID10 backups, 100% uptime and server working with 1 CPU, were made by the old owner, or so it seems, this guy only fell for your CPU trap, probably because he is too nervous.

Hello Spekk,

Regards for your comments; Yes, I've purchased the company from Mitchell and am currently working on dealing with all of the issues and false promises that he had left behind. He was rather new to the business, and was doing with it what he could with limited knowledge.

All of our new servers are RAID10; and we have yet to have any major system downtimes; however, as we do not yet have IP-failover and other leading technologies in place, I cannot guarantee 100% uptime whatsoever; and I'll be contacting LET staff to update the posts in question.

Regards,

Director Damon Blais

Albion Geek Services Ltd.

• @Spencer said:

Hello Spencer,

I'm trying to figure out what's gone on, but it seems this current storm is from quite a few threads, apparently one of our sales staff went and posted in another providers' threads (a big no-no as anyone should have already known.) Above this, I'm still working to deal with all the mis-information that has come from this company in the past.

Regards,

Damon Blais

• @Damon Blais So you were not what you are, but what you're pretended so far was not you but actually somebody in sales?

• @HardCloud hahaha, you are just a joke to me.

• @MorningIris said:
    Damon Blais So you were not what you are, but what you're pretended so far was not you but actually somebody in sales?

@chauffer said:
    HardCloud hahaha, you are just a joke to me.

Hello MorningIris; chauffer,

I think it's more than obvious that I am not the previous poster; as I actually know how to spell. I'd just like to figure out what went down on this whole thread while I was asleep (as I am in PST, not Australian time.)

Regards,

Director Damon Blais