Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hammer said:
    @jarland
    Remember not to take everyone's opinion too hard. Engage with the good things, and disengage with the things you don't like.
    That is generally what I do.

I'm good, no worries. I'll make the arguments in favor of myself and others that I like. I'll engage people who want to engage me, answer questions asked of me, etc.

If you thought I blew up above with all of the fucks, that was intentional jabbing and over dramatizing, the member I responded to is aware of that ;)

• @jarland
    This This is why we need a sarcastic font.
    And somebody needs to tell me what it is so that when my screenreader incounters it I know somebody is being sarcastic or dramatic.
    /s

Thanked by 1jar
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited February 2018

@sureiam said:
    I would wager 50-80% on the high end of your customers are from LET. Without this community your mxroute wouldn't be where it is now and i feel you should remember that.

While I would not consider myself a high-end customer (who on LET is?), I'm certainly a good one. Almost all VPSs and dedis payed front up annually, never, not a single case, of problems made (spamming, etc whatever), no overuse of resources, nothing.

And I picked all my providers from LET since years. Plus, I've written reviews and sent others to providers I had a positive experience with.

So, you certainly have a point there.

If I happened to need that kind of service and were a customer of @jarland his position in this thread would at least make me think. Probably I wouldn't leave right away but I'd certainly keep my eyes open for alternatives. The problem I'd see isn't jarland but his blindly trusting (so it seems) an upstream provider who obviously is a weirdo who just like that comes up with strange rules and changes. As I've said, I don't trust someone on thursday who went berserk on tuesday.

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware

@bsdguy said:

@sureiam said:
    I would wager 50-80% on the high end of your customers are from LET. Without this community your mxroute wouldn't be where it is now and i feel you should remember that.

While I would not consider myself a high-end customer (who on LET is?), I'm certainly a good one. Almost all VPSs and dedis payed front up annually, never, not a single case, of problems made (spamming, etc whatever), no overuse of resources, nothing.

And I picked all my providers from LET since years. Plus, I've written reviews and sent others to providers I had a positive experience with.

So, you certainly have a point there.

If I happened to need that kind of service and were a customer of @jarland his position in this thread would at least make me think. Probably I wouldn't leave right away but I'd certainly keep my eyes open for alternatives. The problem I'd see isn't jarland but his blindly trusting (so it seems) an upstream provider who obviously is a weirdo who just like that comes up with strange rules. As I've said, I don't trust someone on thursday who went berserk on truesday.

My position is twofold:

1. I didn't like the LET staff reaction.
    2. I don't uproot customers on a whim because of a drama thread.

Man, I'm pretty extreme these days.

• I'm semi idling my vps (because I am building my site) and highly doubt that this venture will generate much revenue.

And you know what the strange thing is I will pay $20 something per month for it. I suspect that if I ever actually acquire more funds, I would become another LET idler and keep buying servers and barely using them.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I guess if I wake up tomorrow without my provider tag I will assume we are no longer welcome here.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    I guess if I wake up tomorrow without my provider tag I will assume we are no longer welcome here.

Just relax a little Alex. Ant is a good rational guy and things will work out, I am pretty sure of it.

Thanked by 1vimalware

AuroraZ said: Just relax a little Alex. Ant is a good rational guy and things will work out, I am pretty sure of it.

I'm less concerned about myself. I pretty much only post offers here during the holidays because people ask me to.

It's just sad to see a community become more and more toxic shooting itself in the foot like this.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    It's just sad to see a community become more and more toxic shooting itself in the foot like this.

Toxic ? As in putting LETers next to black hat hackers? As in "We don't sell to negroes LETters"?

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited February 2018

@Awmusic12635 said:

AuroraZ said: Just relax a little Alex. Ant is a good rational guy and things will work out, I am pretty sure of it.

I'm less concerned about myself. I pretty much only post offers here during the holidays because people ask me to.

It all started long ago when a man sold Fliphost to the devil that shall now be named cloudshats.

(( Sarcasm, if you couldn't identify it. ))

Thanked by 1nessie
    edited February 2018

AlyssaD said: It all started long ago when a man sold Fliphost to the devil that shall now be named cloudshats

Heh, boy is there some interesting stories there.

(( Sarcasm, if you couldn't identify it. ))

Don't worry ;)

• @Awmusic12635

really hoping we will see calmer concensus develop for providers in your situation (using incero or not as you see fit) to continue to do business on LET just as before.

... as much as I enjoy LET drama, I feel like most appropriate response to the lame incero TOS is to call a troll a troll and switch to "do not feed" mode henceforth and forever more. (Incero who?)

I will respect @AnthonySmith that much more if he comes back well-rested to reconsider, shrug all this off, de-escalate with style and grace, and leave it to LET community to make their own choices on whether to do business with people who do business with incero, or not. That's really all this situation requires or deserves - in my opinion.

• @uptime

Which reminds me of my proposition that providers here should clearly spell out their DC or upstream provider (profile or sig). That would, among other things, allow LETters to make their own choices as you mentioned.

Thanked by 3uptime netomx tarasis
  • @bsdguy said:
    @uptime

Which reminds me of my proposition that providers here should clearly spell out their DC or upstream provider (profile or sig). That would, among other things, allow LETters to make their own choices as you mentioned.

Yup. Makes good sense to make that change, for sure.

bsdguy said: "We don't sell to negroes LETters"?

Jumping to the most extreme example doesn't suddenly make these even remotely close to the same thing.

Thanked by 3jar ljseals MikePT

Awmusic12635 said: Jumping to the most extreme example doesn't suddenly make these even remotely close to the same thing.

Yes or no question:

Have you ever tried sugar or PCP?

• bsdguy said: "We don't sell to negroes LETters"?

Are you out of your mind? Edit your post and remove that "N" word! Outrages!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2018

So, it might also be possible for me to wake up in next morning and find myself having a provider tag?

Or perhaps the custom title I've been asking for?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2018

/me Troll - do not feed

Thanked by 1geBus
  • The issue is discrimination - which btw is illegal in many jurisdictions. And yes, my analogon is (intentionally) gross but it matches inceros TOS. What's difference between some racist asshole saying "we don't sell to negroes" and some asshole saying "we don't sell to LETters"?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • How are they going to know that i'm a LET member? Are they going to take blood samples?

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @bsdguy said:
    What's difference between some racist asshole saying "we don't sell to negroes" and some asshole saying "we don't sell to LETters"?

Can you genuinely not make the distinction?

Thanked by 2vimalware WSS
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

hostdare said: I was not aware all saints live in western countries .

ahahahah

LTniger said: "N" word!

pussy

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • As someone who is relatively new here, and doesn't really know the backstory. I personally think this is some PR stunt by them. How can they prove that my IGN has correlation to my billing information? So because I posted a question about memory usage on LET, means they will terminate me if I sign up for their services? Doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't make sense, seems like something fishy is looming in the air. Not my fault there are educated people here, actually willing to help.

Also, their TOS lists LET in a way that's implying this forum has correlation to hackforums. Kind of funny, when just last week that one dude got banned because he ddos'd a host. Total opposite of hackforums, hell, they'd worship that dude.

They just want more publicity whether good or bad methinks.

bsdguy said: but it matches inceros TOS

Definitely.

bsdguy said: What's difference between some racist asshole saying "we don't sell to negroes" and some asshole saying "we don't sell to LETters"?

Absolutely none.

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited February 2018

@jarland said:

@dynamo said:

AnthonySmith said: Oh well, I guess hosts using incero are banned from posting offers here as well then.

Feel free to tag host provider accounts here for comment.

@Jarland

In all seriousness though, I have no influence over this decision. If LET doesn't want my offers as a result, I have no influence over that either. I'm not going to sacrifice anyone's quality of service or cause intentional downtime in the name of sales, nor am I going to quit my day job and hurt my family to have the time necessary to perform the massive data migration some here have suggested.

My provider has been very good to me, this helps me to be good to my customers. I'll keep providing the best service that I can. That's all I can really say or do.
    @jarland said:

@sureiam said:

@jarland said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    @AnthonySmith I just think whatever the decision is with Incero based providers/offers shouldn't be instant. You should give them some time to move away if that's the path they choose or make other decisions. Honestly I'd be sad to see a couple of good providers leave like impactvps (who's purely on Incero) and drserver's Dallas location be impacted by this, especially immediately. Perhaps a month or two's time for the providers to make the decisions and perform the actions?

Frankly, any providers uprooting their customers over a drama thread don't deserve my dollars. No provider who takes themselves or their customers seriously is migrating because of this knee-jerk policy (whether it's appropriate or not), it obviously doesn't impact them and is a decision made purely out of principle. Uptime and reliability are much higher value principles.

I say this as someone who, frankly, can only be hurt by it on Black Friday and that's too far in the future to be concerned. I don't need to make offer posts, I mostly feel like someone without a horse in the race for now. But as a buyer, I'd prefer stability over knee-jerk reactions.

What are you suggesting? I think I'd know whether or not I need offer posts to grow, if that's what you're referring to.

I'm suggesting that you owe the success of MXRoute.com to the LET community. You might be sitting comfortable now with the size of your client base but that's only because of this community. Essentially saying that you don't care your provider just insulted this whole community is belittling the value this community has given you and your business.

I thought you were from Texas. Where's the loyalty man? If someone spit on your buddy right in front of your face are you just going to stand there also? I'm offended, this community is offended, yet you seem cool as a cucumber. Worse yet you're ready to keep paying these a-holes while they spit on all of us!

Thanked by 2mfs geekalot
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited February 2018

JohnMiller92 said: I personally think this is some PR stunt by them.

Coming from Gordon? Nah... just read a reply he sent me when I ask him for a cheap colo

Are you kidding? You obviously live in lala land. That is even below our cost, a revenue pumper deal. You seem to be a time waster.

He is just a spoiled baby.

Thanked by 3mfs geekalot jvnadr
    edited February 2018

sureiam said: I'm suggesting that you owe the success of MXRoute.com to the LET community.

I mean, if I'm honest, that's really not something you're in a position to know with any certainty.

sureiam said: You might be sitting comfortable now with the size of your client base but that's only because of this community.

That's actually not true at all. To give you some hints, dreamhost and reddit.

sureiam said: Essentially saying that you don't care your provider just insulted this whole community is belittling the value this community has given you and your business.

Can you point out specifically which words of mine make this suggestion? I would suggest that is a HUGE leap from any single thing that I have said.

sureiam said: I thought you were from Texas. Where's the loyalty man?

What loyalty are you looking for? Loyalty to this thread at the expense of my customers? Do you understand the text you quoted when you started lecturing me about how I should remember a statistic that you made up? It was me claiming that the LET reaction doesn't impact me in the short term, so I'm not arguing to be able to post an offer soon or anything like that.

sureiam said: If someone spit on your buddy right in front of your face are you just going to stand there also?

How does that relate to this situation exactly?

sureiam said: I'm offended, this community is offended, yet you seem cool as a cucumber.

Do you jump on internet forums read by your vendors and start trash talking them while all of your customers remain under their care? If you expect me to, you just spit in the face of 2,899 customers (most of which have their own customers, growing the number of dependents into the tens of thousands).

Maybe you should take a moment to think before you speak, @sureiam. You're acting like this is a playground fight. I'm an adult running a business and I have customers that depend on me. If you don't think that trumps how you feel right now about this, I'd suggest leaving the business strategy for MXroute to me.

• All black people are black. All LETters are LETters - and that's about it. There are nice people and assholes in both groups, beautiful people and ugly people, honest people and crooks.

To exclude someone based on him/her belonging to the group of black people or to the group of LETters is grossly dicriminating. And that's what incero does.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Morning, will check my email etc in a bit then lock this shit down with a closing statement.

CC are going to be so happy with my page view count this month!

This discussion has been closed.