Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

We should ask @JBiloh what to do, totally impartial.

Thanked by 3mksh MikePT netomx
  • Nowhere on Speedy KVM TOS do they define "LET" as LowEndTalk...

• @deank said:

@Lee said:
    Well, you have changed your tune, low-life.

We are all low-lives here. And I still insist @Lee to be a mod.

He'd unban Mao. Most of us don't want that.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Lee said:
    We should ask @JBiloh what to do, totally impartial.

We could, but he's in an area which only has IPv6, so he's unavailable for comment.

• LeeLee Veteran

Xei said: Nowhere on Speedy KVM TOS do they define "LET" as LowEndTalk...

I am pretty sure the closing of the account at SpeedyKVM a page back implies it when he said he was from Lowendtalk.

Thanked by 2MikePT lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: He'd unban Mao. Most of us don't want that.

#freetheromanianone

• @Lee said:

WSS said: He'd unban Mao. Most of us don't want that.

#freetheromanianone

Don't we have enough lunatics? I mean, Gordo's spot is open, but still.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

God, too much testromone here....

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: Gordo's spot is open

Indeed and that is one seriously malicious spot which Mao would fit right into.

• This is Mao's fault.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:
    Indeed and that is one seriously malicious spot which Mao would fit right into.

@Aidan said:
    This is Mao's fault.

Can we ban another provider that doesn't post here, while we're at it?

Thanked by 2Aidan lazyt

Sure, we can ban Microsoft or Google.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @deank said:
    Sure, we can ban Microsoft or Google.

I want to ban Geocities, myself.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"Members of the online communities "LET" and "Hackforums" are banned from creating any new INCERO accounts after Jan 22nd 2018."

So I would need to a member of both LET and HF to qualify for a ban, right?

BTW is someone banned here still a member? I mean, they still have an account...and it seems like if someone is temp banned they don't become non-members during the temp ban. And since any ban could be overturned...I think once you join here, you are forever branded with a green L.

We are being discriminated against. We need SJWs now to take up our cause! LowEndLives matter!

You know, if @Maounique was still here, he'd fight for us...or at least type random stream of consciousness rants for us...

• Google, Microsoft, and Amazon are too good for most of us cheap fucks anyway.

• deank said: Google

$36K per gbit, scam confirmed.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @hammer said:
    Google, Microsoft, and Amazon are too good for most of us cheap fucks anyway.

..since we'd happily give away all of our personal information to them for a free nugget of trash?

• @raindog308
    Sometimes I am sorry for being a cheap fuck. But when the bill comes do every month I feel better.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

Well I don't know about you guys but I said what I wanted to say to everyone on every side of this. Now I'm getting fake Mexican food.

Love you all. Arguing and disagreeing is part of life, and it's vital to making sure great ideas surface.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • (1) I'm not sure why everyone's up in arms when you've know for years how Incero rolls.
    (2) You all hate LET yet see this as an opportunity to stir up needless drama
    (3) It seems like a lot of folks are using this as an opportunity to drag folks that have had an otherwise stellar relationship with everyone such as @Jarland and @ryan_arp through the mud

Thanked by 3WSS MikePT netomx
  • Did you guys asked gordon if you have abuse coming from LET he will shut down your servers ? Because you know, most of the abuse they had it was from LET members, same members that can buy your service next time when you post offer here.

• wow this thread is huge !

Curious though

1. how many LET members actually use Incero and SpeedyKVM services ?
    2. how many LET members who use their services have actually full read their Terms of Services ?
    3. how many LET members actually 100% agree and accept all those TOS ?
    4. how many LET members using their services, have actually been informed of any changes to their TOS when that LET ban clause was added ? Provider's TOS usually specific that they have right to change TOS but usually they'd notify their customers before hand.

While tempting with their hardware/network, I've consciously avoided using Incero/SpeedyKVM for my own usage and my clients because of their TOS which I don't agree with. Though back then didn't see this LET ban clause so not sure when that was added.

• @eva2000 said:
    wow this thread is huge !

Curious though

1. how many LET members actually use Incero and SpeedyKVM services ?

Several.

1. how many LET members who use their services have actually full read their Terms of Services ?

Likely relatively few, since they want to charge you $250/hr (minimum one hour) for any "Abuse".

1. how many LET members actually 100% agree and accept all those TOS ?

Depends if you mean clicked a checkbox, or legally.

1. how many LET members using their services, have actually been informed of any changes to their TOS when that LET ban clause was added ? Provider's TOS usually specific that they have right to change TOS but usually they'd notify their customers before hand.

No notification.

While tempting with their hardware/network, I've consciously avoided using Incero/SpeedyKVM for my own usage and my clients because of their TOS which I don't agree with. Though back then didn't see this LET ban clause so not sure when that was added.

It was noticed a few days ago.

• WSS said: Likely relatively few, since they want to charge you $250/hr (minimum one hour) for any "Abuse".

Yeah that and $250 upfront + $120/hr for IP blacklist removal fees. While I haven't had any abuse or ip blacklist issues in 18+ yrs of web hosting, I'm not taking a chance with those listed penalty fees.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @WSS sounds like fun. All fear the mighty "BANHAMMER"

Or a custom bannhammer tag that would be nice.
    Also for Google and Microsoft to earn a picture of my pectoralis major, bicepts, and tricepts, they have to provide me with the following free for life.

• 30 tb GB ssd
    • 100 tb per month bandwidth.
    • 693 gb of ram.

If they do better I might send a picture of my ass for bonus.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2018

@eva2000 said:

WSS said: Likely relatively few, since they want to charge you $250/hr (minimum one hour) for any "Abuse".

Yeah that and $250 upfront + $120/hr for IP blacklist removal fees. While I haven't had any abuse or ip blacklist issues in 18+ yrs of web hosting, I'm not taking a chance with those listed penalty fees.

Honestly, I doubt that this can be enforced, which is why they're kicking LET to the curb. We attract some shitty clientele- hell, I ban them daily, but we're also one of the most useful places for cheap deals and reposts from Reddit, so..

@hammer said:
    If they do better I might send a picture of my ass for bonus.

This isn't that sort of website.

I've been asking for a custom title "Troll" for ages. Never got one. Need WSS to become an admin to get one, I guess.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:
    I've been asking for a custom title "Troll" for ages. Never got one. Need WSS to become an admin to get one, I guess.

He'd definitely do it. We could just ship him some chocolates for the custom tag.
    Maybe $7 would do it.

• Don't send money; Send nudes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.