Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lots of cloud for little money. Hetzner Online redefines cloud hosting. - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lots of cloud for little money. Hetzner Online redefines cloud hosting.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

nico said: I only want say that I love the Hetzner Cloud. Build a 20+ Node Elasticsearch Cluster for a staging System in no time, great Performance so far. Seems time to say goodbye to AWS for our Staging needs.

10 instance limit but you get 20?

• @Lee said:

nico said: I only want say that I love the Hetzner Cloud. Build a 20+ Node Elasticsearch Cluster for a staging System in no time, great Performance so far. Seems time to say goodbye to AWS for our Staging needs.

probably easy with an account in good standing and a kind and justified request to the support?

• LeeLee Veteran

Falzo said: probably easy with an account in good standing and a kind and justified request to the support?

Or faking it to get two accounts.

• WSSWSS Member

@Falzo said:

@Lee said:

probably easy with an account in good standing and a kind and justified request to the support?

How adorable. my little saffable. Share yourself, mmyess.

• @nico said:
    I only want say that I love the Hetzner Cloud. Build a 20+ Node Elasticsearch Cluster for a staging System in no time, great Performance so far. Seems time to say goodbye to AWS for our Staging needs.

How the hell did you get 20 node cluster? I want to be able to match my 140 droplet limit I have on digitalocean. Care to share the method to get a higher limit?

• WSSWSS Member

A verifiable ID should help wonders.

• LeeLee Veteran

Mind you, reading it again I think he is "building" rather than "built".

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • @Lee said:
    Mind you, reading it again I think he is "building" rather than "built".

Oh shit, I didn't see that. Nice catch Lee!

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Lee I have mean built, actual 28 Nodes Up.
    @IAlwaysBeCoding
    Sent a support request and ask for higher Limit. Mine got approved in a few hours.

• Wow nice can't believe I managed to get one. Most good things disappear by the time I come.

• WSSWSS Member

@hammer said:
    Wow nice can't believe I managed to get one. Most good things disappear by the time I come.

I think you mean to use "because".

Thanked by 1pike
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@willie said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said:

I get it for users like @Lee whose purchasing power of cloud services is insignificant Hetzner prices seem like the return of Jesus feeding all of you hungry LET miserable fuckers with low end wine and bread.

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine? :)

It's against his rereg-religion.
    @jarland said:

@Aidan said:

Gotta love giving a copy of your ID to foreign companies.

They're German, it's fine.

LET in a nutshell...

"I can't believe ANYONE would EVER ask me for my ID, I feel so violated."

Subtract $15 from price:

"Here's my ID sir, ty."

:P

Well at least you can block important data like the actual numbers. But yes it's pretty crazy to give that away. I actually have yet to do it with any provider.

• @wss
    Blow my ass.

It is good so far. Hope it stays good when everyone is finished buying.

@sureiam

I managed to get a server with out giving them my id hura.
    Hopefully they won't ask it of me by the end of the month or I'm gonna be pissed.

Thanked by 1spywork
  • needavpsneedavps Member
    edited January 2018

@hammer said:
    @wss
    Blow my ass.

It is good so far. Hope it stays good when everyone is finished buying.

@sureiam

I managed to get a server with out giving them my id hura.
    Hopefully they won't ask it of me by the end of the month or I'm gonna be pissed.

same. but they probably need id to lift limit. their ticket response is slow; maybe I put it in the wrong category. lemme try again.

• @needavps

I won't need 10 until (if) I am rich. Then I could pay somebody to scan my id for me (bad idea I know but I can't see).

I wonder if they would remove the limit for an account in good standing.

• @hammer said:
    @needavps

I won't need 10 until (if) I am rich. Then I could pay somebody to scan my id for me (bad idea I know but I can't see).

I wonder if they would remove the limit for an account in good standing.

Actually id requirement in some eu countries are not a big deal. They are not like other foreign countries or even the usa.

• WSSWSS Member

@hammer said:

They will, in two weeks. Just scan both sides.

• @hostdare said:

Falzo said: that link wasn't there yesterday for sure, I definitely checked all of it ;-)

I swear that link had 10 min ago , someone removed it just now

" The use of file sharing tools e.g. eDonkey "

It was there earlier, I grabbed a screenshot at the time.

• WSSWSS Member

@tarasis said:

@hostdare said:

Falzo said: that link wasn't there yesterday for sure, I definitely checked all of it ;-)

I swear that link had 10 min ago , someone removed it just now

" The use of file sharing tools e.g. eDonkey "

It was there earlier, I grabbed a screenshot at the time.

Thank god they removed 90s pricing, too.

• @spywork said: Has anyone tried to install a custom Windows iso? With the qemu method the kvm emulation does not work since the cpu does not support this parameter. I tried with templates for other hosting and they do not work.

I havent worked out how to custom install windows yet.

• @seaeagle said:

@spywork said: Has anyone tried to install a custom Windows iso? With the qemu method the kvm emulation does not work since the cpu does not support this parameter. I tried with templates for other hosting and they do not work.

No working method. All template i found not work, install with qemu not work. Other method?

• good job katie, amswering a lot of question here :)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • MarionetteMarionette Member
    edited January 2018

@seaeagle said:

@spywork said: Has anyone tried to install a custom Windows iso? With the qemu method the kvm emulation does not work since the cpu does not support this parameter. I tried with templates for other hosting and they do not work.

I see people are already taking a good thing and infecting it with cancer. If this wasn't LET, I would be offended.

• bashlykbashlyk Member
    edited January 2018

Will 2Gb one work well as a seedbox/Plex and t00rent downloads for personal usage?

• @bashlyk said:
    Will 2Gb one work well as a seedbox/Plex and t00rent downloads for personal usage?

It's hetzner, so any dmca complaint will get your box suspended and/or terminated before you can say "linux iso".

• One of the things I love on netcup is their high security settings for their control panel, by allowing us to disable direct login on the SCP panel, keeping the login only available by using the client area CCP that has 2FA.

From those who are using this new Hetzner cloud servers, can you tell me if they also have this 2FA option for the client area + control panel of the cloud server? Or is like almost all other providers where client area has 2FA and the VPS control panel does not has 2FA?

Thanks

• @willie said:

[IAlwaysBeCoding said]

Sure, block storage would be nice (it won't surprise me if it arrives soon) but on the other hand, you have the possibility of using a dedi or large instance as an NFS server

Came here to say pretty much the same thing about nfs exports from a large CEPH instance.

IIRC, AWS EBS has shit itself more than once, in the early years. Distributed anything is a hard problem, prone to cascading failure patterns.

once hetzner introduces 10gbit internal networking, many people would be running glusterfs on local-ssd instances,( if they don't like Hetzner maintained CEPH arrays.)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Awesome pricing but I suspect the tech/support staff are going to have a hard few months ahead haha.

How many 'suspended/terminated/ is a scam' threads do you think we will see with the next 30 days?

My bet is 42

• I'm kinda feeling bad for their id verification team when they walk in next Monday, and see the backlog.

Thanked by 1steny
  • @sureiam said:
    Gotta love giving a copy of your ID to foreign companies.

TBH germany is one of those countries where you can actually do that :-)