Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you feel a out providers promising "unlimited" HD, CPU and RAM? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you feel a out providers promising "unlimited" HD, CPU and RAM?

12345679»

Comments

• @jarland said:

You want to argue against a definition, and even when you select a source for such definition you fail to prove your point. In the case ,you even failed to correctly quote your source, what that leads me to believe is that you know you're wrong, you just find it funny to keep this argument going on ad eternum.

The reason I created a new LET account actually explains why you're wrong when you assume my intentions.

By the way, my intentions have no influence in what "unlimited" means. I'm not a dictionary.

I hope 2018 kicked off well for ya. Personally, I'm still in pain.

• WSSWSS Member

As the king of English, I hereby ban marketing terms and aspergers. Both shall be cast to the fire so the world might continue without them being minorly annoyed and annoying.

• LjLLjL Member

I represent the provider hosting www.lowendtalk.com and I am sorry to communicate that this thread has caused the site to exceed reasonable and fair use of the unlimited resources we allocated to this particular customer.

• WSSWSS Member

Don't worry, @LjL, you can Archive it and start anew!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

404error said: You want to argue against a definition, and even when you select a source for such definition you fail to prove your point. In the case ,you even failed to correctly quote your source, what that leads me to believe is that you know you're wrong, you just find it funny to keep this argument going on ad eternum.

Nah, I was trying to pull out some details for you in it. Let's go back to it:

lacking any controls : unrestricted - unlimited access

A linux account with no quota, in relation to the items advertised as unlimited, is:

• Lacking any controls
    • Unrestricted
    • Has unlimited access

I was trying to pull out the words there a bit with "not limited" but that didn't take, so we can just go with the above. I'll even go further and break out examples from Merriam Webster:

This ticket is good for unlimited travel on all trains.

Why would they use a lie as an example? There are not infinite travels to be had.

Her funds seem to be unlimited.

Why would they use a lie as an example? They could not seem to be infinite because there is no such thing as infinite money, as it is made from physical resources which are finite, therefore the comparison cannot even logically be made.

Membership gives you unlimited access to the facilities.

Why would they use an example as a lie? There are not infinite facilities, it is impossible to sell unlimited access to facilities.

This example could actually be the most problematic if you say "It's unlimited access, not unlimited facilities" when unlimited is first and most easily defined by: lacking controls, unrestricted -
    unlimited access. That to say, the most likely definition of calling something unlimited in fact references access itself rather than the infinite existence of the referenced item.

404error said: The reason I created a new LET account actually explains why you're wrong when you assume my intentions.

You could see it as putting on a wig and going to lead a protest against your competitor's company. That was the thought rolling around in my head really. Like I said though, it's flawed by the idea that there's no way your prices would compete on LET anyway. But then again... people do weird things. It is LET, after all.

404error said: I hope 2018 kicked off well for ya. Personally, I'm still in pain.

That sucks man, anything I can do to help?

• @jarland said:

. Let's go back to it:

Thanks but no thanks.
    I'll just use my unlimited access to my PC to watch Pr0nz instead. (jk.. or am I?)

@jarland said:

Ship me something that works better than this fk'ing aspirins... oh well.. maybe I should not have drinked those beers at lunch...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@404error said:

@jarland said:

. Let's go back to it:

Thanks but no thanks.
    I'll just use my unlimited access to my PC to watch Pr0nz instead. (jk.. or am I?)

@jarland said:

Ship me something that works better than this fk'ing aspirins... oh well.. maybe I should not have drinked those beers at lunch...

Lies. There is a limit to the number of times you can do that. Depends mostly on heart health. Lube is good for more than just proper friction.

• @jarland said:

@404error said:

@jarland said:

. Let's go back to it:

Thanks but no thanks.

@jarland said:

Lies. There is a limit to the number of times you can do that. Depends mostly on heart health. Lube is good for more than just proper friction.

In @WSS honor, I'll watch that Japanese 500 Orgy film, the closer to unlimited dicks as it can get.

Lube is for the faint of heart, watch pronz after you went to the gym do some heavy lifting and have all your muscles twitching (heavy lifting as in 1lb bells haha)

Thanked by 1jar