Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you feel a out providers promising "unlimited" HD, CPU and RAM? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you feel a out providers promising "unlimited" HD, CPU and RAM?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

bitswitch said: Serverhand all over again

Yeah, Dreamhost is definitely on the Serverhand trajectory. I hope you're down for placing bets because you clearly have no tether to reality and I'd like some beer money.

• @jarland Well that depends on what you define "sex" as.

• @WSS said:

From one of your previous responses I was under the wrong assumption you were an adult. Not very adult-ey that reaction though.

@WSS said:
    @jarland Well that depends on what you define "sex" as.

I define it like this:

• @bitswitch said:
    I'm losing so it's time to post some nearly-an-insult snide remarks because it's obvious I'm losing my shitty, pointless singularity- which is asking the dictionary response to a marketing term, which in, and of itself, is as retarded as me.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @WSS said:
    I'm losing so it's time to post some nearly-an-insult snide remarks because it's obvious I'm losing my shitty, pointless singularity- which is asking the dictionary response to a marketing term, which in, and of itself, is as retarded as me.

Do you even realise what idiotic shit you have been putting down in writing in your past few responses?

• @bitswitch said:

@WSS said:

C'mon. Next one is puppemaster and you can finally ragequit.

• @WSS said:
    C'mon. Next one is puppemaster and you can finally ragequit.

I guess I should get some popcorn and watch you continue posting this somewhat unbelievable crap. It is tragic, entertaining, and upsetting all at the same time.

• This was supposed to be an industry secret but there exists a setup for people like you, who want unlimited web hosting file storage.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @bitswitch said:
    I guess I should get some popcorn and watch you continue posting this somewhat unbelievable crap. It is tragic, entertaining, and upsetting all at the same time.

You were so, so close to self-awareness.

• @Ympker said:
    This was supposed to be an industry secret but there exists a setup for people like you, who want unlimited web hosting file storage.

I presume that was a response to me. Well, I am happy to inform you that I do not want any unlimited hosting. I think that should be pretty clear from every single one of my responses so far. I cant even say I ever had an unlimited package, but if I did it was probably in the early 2000s.

• This thread:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanked by 2WSS jar
  • What a lovely kindergarten here. Though isnt it nap-time already?

• Soundtrack:

• @WSS said:
    Soundtrack:

Some good music at last

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@bitswitch said:
    What a lovely kindergarten here. Though isnt it nap-time already?
    Some good music at last

Just in time for your nappy-time. I know you're cranky, it's well past due. It's OK, mommy and daddy will pay for and feed for you, forever. If not, that's what the taxpayer is for. Now sleep, child, and dream on wonderments only you are intelligent enough to conceive.

Ssssh. Ssssh.

• @WSS said:
    Just in time for your nappy-time. I know you're cranky, it's well past due. It's OK, mommy and daddy will pay for and feed for you, forever. If not, that's what the taxpayer is for. Now sleep, child, and dream on wonderments only you are intelligent enough to conceive.

Come on, some more originality. Its a bit boring if you come back with the same stuff all the time, my young lad.

• @bitswitch said:

@WSS said:

Come on, some more originality. Its a bit boring if you come back with the same stuff all the time, my young lad.

Look up "originality" in the dictionary, and I think you'll find every retort is, indeed, original.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    Look up "originality" in the dictionary, and I think you'll find every retort is, indeed, original.

Well, you were not all that good in looking up things in dictionaries (even when they were actually spoon-fed) so please no advice in this area. But what I meant by boring is that it does leave a bit of a dull impression if I refer to this lovely forum as a kindergarten and your only and instantaneous response is "your mommy and daddy". Not very original, wouldnt you agree? Yeah sure, you wouldnt.

• @bitswitch said:

@WSS said:

Well, you were not all that good in looking up things in dictionaries (even when they were actually spoon-fed) so please no advice in this area.But what I meant by boring is that it does leave a bit of a dull impression if I refer to this lovely forum as a kindergarten and your only and instantaneous response is "your mommy and daddy". Not very original, wouldnt you agree? Yeah sure, you wouldnt.

..and there's about half-a-puppetmaster.

• @WSS said:
    ..and there's about half-a-puppetmaster.

Let me paraphrase in a way so that you can understand

• Sorry, but my patience for ignorance isn't unlimited; I thought I made it clear that I was through with your dreck, good sir.

*Tips Fedora*
    m'lady.

• @WSS said:
    Sorry, but my patience for ignorance isn't unlimited; I thought I made it clear that I was through with your dreck, good sir.

Based on how many times you actually took the time to respond, find "appropriate" images, and hit the "Post Comment" button I am not sure you were fully convinced of that yourself.

• What are the images?

• @hammer said:
    What are the images?

Nearly as pointless as the entire thread, honestly.

Thanked by 1netpioneer
  • @jarland said:

Do you struggle with "no one gives a fuck if you don't like a single word" bro?

Sounds to me you're making too much effort trying to invent a new meaning for this single word for a "no one gives a fuck" bro.

@jarland said:

Because no one does. No one gives two shits if you like the way they and we used the >word unlimited. No one is going to change the market because you're so OCD that you >literally can't function with people using a word in a way that you don't prefer. It's not >causing problems on any reputable provider and you can't prove otherwise, this is all >about you.

Now go wipe the tears off the dictionary you've been clinging to. I'll be logging into my unlimited accounts and triggering you.

Sounds like the only one triggered here is you, bro.

• LET's offer rules:

Shared Hosting Offers
    You cannot post unlimited storage offers.

Should this be changed then? What's the point of arguing for 3 pages that shared hosting offers can have unlimited storage for purpose of web hosting, be sustainable and reputable if you actually ruled it out yourself?

Right now I use: Dreamhost, A2 Hosting, and Hostinger.

The key to remember though is this: Dreamhost is enough by itself to show that unlimited can work.

You use 3 unlimited because 1 unlimited is not enough.

P.S. This thread is sad because it's LET in a nutshell.

Thanked by 3404error mksh ricardo
    edited December 2017

@Yura said:
    LET's offer rules:

Shared Hosting Offers
    You cannot post unlimited storage offers.

Should this be changed then? What's the point of arguing for 3 pages that shared hosting offers can have unlimited storage for purpose of web hosting, be sustainable and reputable if you actually ruled it out yourself?

Right now I use: Dreamhost, A2 Hosting, and Hostinger.

The key to remember though is this: Dreamhost is enough by itself to show that unlimited can work.

You use 3 unlimited because 1 unlimited is not enough.

P.S. This thread is sad because it's LET in a nutshell.

It's totally sustainable and the rule is utter bullshit demanded out of irrational fear from half of the community, and a desire to limit competition from the other half. But it's not my call to make. The community made their choice. I enforce what I gave them the choice to demand. Doesn't mean their fear of unlimited isn't irrational with no basis in reality. Some hosts suck, period, and "unlimited" is not proven to be the relevant factor in whether or not one does.

I use three because I'm impulsive and enjoy trying different companies who make the same flavor of ice cream. Also the whole eggs, basket, etc. They're not letting me down, and at least one of them happens to be very highly regarded in the industry and has been for quite some time. That alone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the narratives people here buy about unlimited are fictional.

Thanked by 1netpioneer