Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:
    Honestly, none of your business.

The way @falzo phrased it might not have been the most polite one but the underlying question is still legitimate.

Among many other things you did claim not to have funds anymore to actually honour the necessary refunds. Now however that apparently dramatically changed. It should be no surprise that people start wondering.

You are basically backpedalling on almost all your earlier statements and now state the exact opposite. Have you considered a career in politics instead of hosting? SCNR

And yes, I'd also like to follow-up on @mksh's question about the email to @cccat

Thanked by 2uptime LjL
  • TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

• @ServerHand said:

Very professional provider. Quoted for archival purposes.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited December 2017

This thread is going nowhere.

• Oh well you can't expect a real answer as it's not really any of anyone's business.

• @ServerHand said:
    Oh well you can't expect a real answer as it's not really any of anyone's business.

So potentional costumers should'nt be concerned with the possibility of getting an inequal treatment. I see.

@FredQc said:
    This thread is going nowhere.

Exactly.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @ServerHand said:
    Oh well you can't expect a real answer as it's not really any of anyone's business.

In terms of keeping your customers trust it is, you said A and now say B with no explanation or proof to back it up, what should your customers believe?

Thanked by 1LjL
  • bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:

True, but neither should you be eventually suprised when people will perceive your business and your business ethics in a very "particular" way. All people are asking here is that you are upfront, but you seem to be trying to cover up as much as possible and hide facts behind a smokescreen. Maybe thats not how it is but thats how it seems I am afraid.

Also, considering that you have avoided the question about the email to your Chinese customers now five times I guess we can safely assume they have not received it. There goes another statement, that all customers were duly informed by now.

• @Ho-ost said:
    In terms of keeping your customers trust it is, you said A and now say B with no explanation or proof to back it up, what should your customers believe?

I understand. Things are still being fixed. And if they don't like that I'm terminating yearly customers and refunding unused months, pretty tough luck. I'm correcting the mistakes made. At the time I stated I did not have funds, I was not lying.. I did not have funds.

• @ServerHand said:
    And if they don't like that I'm terminating yearly customers and refunding unused months, pretty tough luck.

Thats unpleasant but not the main issue. This has not been the main issue now already for quite a few pages in this thread. Please understand that.

I'm correcting the mistakes made. At the time I stated I did not have funds, I was not lying.. I did not have funds.

Fair enough, but please also understand that people were initially suprised that you did not have enough funds to refund people when you "just" received the money from their orders. And naturally people are further surprised when now these funds suddenly appear.

You might be all honest about this, this I can't tell. What I can tell is that it all leaves a somewhat bad picture and if you had been more upfront on these last two pages (since you posted that everybody gets refunded) and left less of an impression that you are covering up things, it would have spared a lot of this "drama".

And I'd still repeat @mksh's question about the email to @cccat however.

• @bitswitch said:
    Fair enough, but please also understand that people were initially suprised that you did not have enough funds to refund people when you "just" received the money from their orders. And naturally people are further surprised when now these funds suddenly appear.

You might be all honest about this, this I can't tell. What I can tell is that it all leaves a somewhat bad picture and if you had been more upfront on these last two pages (since you posted that everybody gets refunded) and left less of an impression that you are covering up things, it would have spared a lot of this "drama".

Sigh, the money went to pay for new servers because of a flaw. I do not thin provision disk space. When someone orders a VPS from me, they got the entirety of the disk space.

I ended up ordering 5 new servers.. one of them out of pocket (the most expensive one) after getting a bit stressed out about the servers filling up as soon as I deployed them.

I obviously cannot sustain that. My plan was to move everyone to the large server but I was, quite frankly, overcharged for the server. I'll be addressing that with the server provider soon enough.

So to answer this, it happened in such a blur, I scrambled to fill the orders but didn't really know what people were ordering.. just that they were being ordered.

• @bitswitch said:

Forget it. He is not going to answer that one and the reasons are obvious.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @mksh said:

I still don't know what I supposedly haven't answered.

• @ServerHand said:

@mksh said:

I still don't know what I supposedly haven't answered.

Ah common. Don't play stupid. I asked you 2 times and @cccat asked you multiple times before. I am not going to help you read.

• LET, home of poor customer and cannibalic provider... no wonder thread like this so interesting.

• kasslekassle Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:
    Sigh, the money went to pay for new servers because of a flaw. I do not thin provision disk space. When someone orders a VPS from me, they got the entirety of the disk space.

I ended up ordering 5 new servers.. one of them out of pocket (the most expensive one) after getting a bit stressed out about the servers filling up as soon as I deployed them.

I obviously cannot sustain that. My plan was to move everyone to the large server but I was, quite frankly, overcharged for the server. I'll be addressing that with the server provider soon enough.

So to answer this, it happened in such a blur, I scrambled to fill the orders but didn't really know what people were ordering.. just that they were being ordered.

ok, understandable. so ... now the problem is OP didn't have money for the extra server & refund.

if you (LET) want to help, then give him (@ServerHand) solution. digging the past problem will not help.

my suggestion for @ServerHand rent some credit (from legal sources ofc) for one year operational and some refund request. then don't offer renewal for problematic services.

• Received an email today which provides with a form link to get refunded.
    Have submitted that form and wait for getting refunded.
    Don't know how long will it take.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

@sheng said:
    Received an email today which provides with a form link to get refunded.

I'm not wanting to terminate your service if you are a LET member. Please submit a ticket and I'll mark you down on the spreadsheet if you still want to keep the year. I'll be resetting everyone's service date in the next phase for all the headache the past few weeks have been.

Forgot to mention, if you still want a refund, they will be processed as accounts are terminated tomorrow.

• @ServerHand said:

@sheng said:

I'm not wanting to terminate your service if you are a LET member. Please submit a ticket and I'll mark you down on the spreadsheet if you still want to keep the year. I'll be resetting everyone's service date in the next phase for all the headache the past few weeks have been.

Forgot to mention, if you still want a refund, they will be processed as accounts are terminated tomorrow.

It is too late now.
    I have already bought another vps from other provider.
    Please just give me a refund, thank you.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

• @ServerHand said:

@sheng said:

I'm not wanting to terminate your service if you are a LET member.

oh, LET

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

no wonder, we did not do BF offers this year .

Thanked by 1kassle
  • @hostdare said:
    no wonder, we did not do BF offers this year.

Well, that, and you're a cunt.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: Well, that, and you're a cunt.

I do not want painful death with no money

Thanked by 1kassle
  • @hostdare said:

WSS said: Well, that, and you're a cunt.

I do not want painful death with no money

Then you don't want to accept certain traffic.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Can we stop kicking a man when he's down now? He's accountable to nobody here.

You have your options - take it or leave it.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

brueggus said: Can we stop kicking a man when he's down now?

I agree.

brueggus said: He's accountable to nobody here.

I disagree. He's accountable to people who ordered services from here.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ServerHand said:
    I still don't know what you are all on about, I gave people the option of refund or credit in the email today. You're saying I'm not refunding them but you're 100% wrong.

And that now applies to all Customers or LET only Customers ? I’m asking as your Customer from China here states that he did not receive any email, which implies you’re still trying to give different treatments to different groups of people.

What is the default action if the Customer doesn’t fill your Google docs ?

• edited December 2017

-- Edit --

Oops, I think I replied the wrong thread...

But this one is really a good lession for those don't get used to WHMCS...