Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

@KuJoe said:

bitswitch said: Any this is how relevant? Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

He basically has a provider tag even if he joined years before there ever was one. I'm sure we're all in agreement that he does get a pass until a mod can properly set the usergroup for him.

Well, this may not be obvious to everyone, especially after such a long time.

Anyway, yes, RAM Host have been around a long time and are trustworthy.

Edit: Best to keep this thread focused on ServerHand.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @teamacc said:

The rules state that you need to have a provider tag to post in the Offers category. This is not the offers category, so he can post here without breaking the rules.

Which brings us to the question whether offers outside the offers forum are permitted.

That is once more not applicable as there was no offer involved.

Does @ramnet need a provider tag to post an offer in a discussion? No.
    Does @ramnet need a provider tag to post A REFUGEE offer in a discussion? Hell no!

That is for the moderation team to decide.

You are a damn hypocrite

Sweet, you are going down to a personal level / insults. No need to continue.

• LeeLee Veteran

Of course, anyone who has had a refund can prove that to any provider, so if Ramnet can make a refugee offer then there is nothing stopping everyone else doing the same in this thread now.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2017

I dunno, just took a few minutes to search and find @ramnet posting in the offers section in 2012, well-received by mods such as @ElliotJ (maybe would shed some light on the presumptive propriety prior to the necessary formality of @ramnet putting a ticket into https://support.lowend.io/ to get the provider tag sorted).

Here's the thread from 2012 if it matters to anyone https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/5883/tinyvz-15-per-year-256mb-memory-10gb-disk-500gb-transfer-gigabit-network-midwest-usa

current offer seems like a helpful gesture to take some pressure off the situation (and yes, good marketing for tinykvm - reminds me to check them out). Doesn't strike me to be so out of line under the circumstances.

Recognizing I am by no means a long-time student of the way of the LET so perhaps I'm missing some backstory or context here?

• Theres nothing wrong with ramnet/ramhost. I still do not see how this gets Serverhand off the hook for scamming.

• LeeLee Veteran

JoeMerit said: Theres nothing wrong with ramnet/ramhost. I still do not see how this gets Serverhand off the hook for scamming.

Ramnet is a solid provider and it does not get serverhand off the hook. If he stays in business he will be reminded of this event every time he posts.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@JoeMerit said:
    I still do not see how this gets Serverhand off the hook for scamming.

It doesnt. Instead of clarifying and rectifying the situation the owner now even completely disappeared.

Considering his previous stance on his Chinese customers and the information we have so far we can assume they still have not received a notification, let alone the refund.

• I submitted refund request form. Let me see when and how much he will refund. (He said a Prorated refund. I think they shoud refund at least 90% of money I paid.)

• @Arirang said:
    I submitted refund request form. Let me see when and how much he will refund. (He said a Prorated refund. I think they shoud refund at least 90% of money I paid.)

How many days of the 365 have you used?

• LeeLee Veteran

Arirang said: (He said a Prorated refund. I think they shoud refund at least 90% of money I paid.)

Lol, no, he should be refunding all of it.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @bitswitch said:

@Arirang said:
    I submitted refund request form. Let me see when and how much he will refund. (He said a Prorated refund. I think they shoud refund at least 90% of money I paid.)

How many days of the 365 have you used?

I've used for under 20 days.

• @Arirang said:
    I've used for under 20 days.

Then the refund should be well above 90%. I'd agree with @Lee that it should be rather in full in this case.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • When i saw this guy post about Arcanuum and shit, it looked like a scam or a provider who I'd expected to deadpool, and in a way, he did, and he's doing it again in a sense.

I believe the owner had filed for bankrupcy at some point (I really tried to research the owner)

• @bitswitch Bro... Chill out. Your arguments make no sense. You're basically bouncing the ball. We are a community. We are the ones that created these rules. Moderators are only our intermediate tools. Yes, offers in discussions are allowed, especially from a reputable provider. Remember that it's not a tag that makes someone a provider. It's how people perceive him.

Basics of human psychology are simple. I can see that you are nervous and upset that I don't agree with you. It was the same with me after me seeing your reply to my comment. However, I was aware of that. So I went out, ate something and calmed down. Later I read your comment once again. This time with a fresh mind. Take an example from me, because all you did was replying to me under the influx of emotions in minutes without deeper thoughts. You should never allow emotions to take over.

Regarding that part where I said you're a hypocrite... It's not me insulting you. That's reality hitting you. You're angry. I get it... but where does the anger comes from? From me or from your inside?

• @Lee said:

Arirang said: (He said a Prorated refund. I think they shoud refund at least 90% of money I paid.)

Lol, no, he should be refunding all of it.

I agree that those who signed up for a yearly plan on BF/CM should be refunded 100%, which would also be an encouraging gesture on the part of ServerHand. A prorated refund would seem rather stingy (based on days since BF/CM?). After all, this was a mistake that ServerHand made.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @MrPsycho said:
    Bro... Chill out. Your arguments make no sense.

I am not your "bro" and I dont need to "chill" out. I'd generally appreciate if you could use a somewhat more mature language. If you think my arguments make no sense then this is your opinion to which you are certainly entitled to, but the facts are somewhat different.

Basics of human psychology are simple. I can see that you are nervous and upset that I don't agree with you.

Now you are getting hilarious. You dont need to agree with me or with anyone here, but it would be lovely if you could stick to the facts.

Regarding that part where I said you're a hypocrite... It's not me insulting you. That's reality hitting you. You're angry. I get it... but where does the anger comes from? From me or from your inside?

Look up the definition of the word and what it means in this context.

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2017

Please...

• bitswitch said: but the facts are somewhat different.

bitswitch said: it would be lovely if you could stick to the facts.

Okay. Let's go back to the topic of Clouvider bashing ramnet. Here are mine facts, what are yours?

teamacc said: The rules state that you need to have a provider tag to post in the Offers category. This is not the offers category, so he can post here without breaking the rules.

KuJoe said: I'm sure we're all in agreement that he does get a pass until a mod can properly set the usergroup for him.

angstrom said: Anyway, yes, RAM Host have been around a long time and are trustworthy.

uptime said: I dunno, just took a few minutes to search and find @ramnet posting in the offers section in 2012, well-received by mods such as @ElliotJ

• @bitswitch @MrPsycho: Please take your feud elsewhere.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited December 2017

angstrom said: Please take your feud elsewhere.

Oh okay... I'll stop replying after @bitswitch "facts".

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

I'm not bashing no one. What's your problem ? Get real.

An unrelated 3rd party comes here, claims to be in some sort of agreement and makes an offer. No statement from the owner, nothing is official, on top of that there's no provider tag.

On top of that @ServerHand tries to put some blame on his provider who supplied him with a custom server, probably at a short notice. From what we know he didn't played fair o the billing side with the provider either as per QuadraNet.

This is a complete and utter mess and frankly is disgusting to share space with people who bring disrepute to the entire industry and the board.

• @Clouvider said:
    This is a complete and utter mess and frankly is disgusting to share space with people who bring disrepute to the entire industry and the board.

I'd like to add I was a customer of Clouvider's as well for a time being. I never had any problems with him.

• ServerHand said: I'd like to add I was a customer of Clouvider's as well for a time being. I never had any problems with him.

Because he's not pulling false advertising.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

ServerHand said: I'd like to add I was a customer of Clouvider's as well for a time being. I never had any problems with him.

I think you misquoted him, based on your reply it looks like you agree with him. I thought I was just being tired and misread it but after re-reading it a few times it still looks like you're inferring that he's correct.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

I'm sorry, @Clouvider, but yeah, going after @ramnet who has been "in talks" was out of line here. We get that you're the BMitUK (Big Man in the UK), but shitting over ramnet was unjustified. He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

I agree that the 'in talks with' certainly seemed to sound like an acquisition, but we all know how well that goes. He's received nearly as much shit as @Ishaq for the PIOHost debacle, and he hasn't even tried to raise rates after no-current-acquisition-stated.

Everyone- can we stop chumming the waters, already?

Thanked by 1IncognitoBurrito
  • @WSS said: I'm sorry, @Clouvider, but yeah, going after @ramnet who has been "in talks" was out of line here. We get that you're the BMitUK (Big Man in the UK), but shitting over ramnet was unjustified.

We're past this now.

WSS said: He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

Not entirely clear where you found a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM in this thread.

@ramnet make a refugee offer on tinykvm.com to current ServerHand users. This was a nice gesture, but it's unlikely to attract those users who need more RAM and/or disk space (in other words, those who signed up for bigger plans at ServerHand).

• @angstrom said:

@WSS said: I'm sorry, @Clouvider, but yeah, going after @ramnet who has been "in talks" was out of line here. We get that you're the BMitUK (Big Man in the UK), but shitting over ramnet was unjustified.

We're past this now.

Maybe you claim to be, but I wasn't. I'm getting just a little tired of Dom doing this.

WSS said: He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

6 months free at $15 is what, now?

@ramnet make a refugee offer on tinykvm.com to current ServerHand users. This was a nice gesture, but it's unlikely to attract those users who need more RAM and/or disk space (in other words, those who signed up for bigger plans at ServerHand).

..and we have yet to see how that turns out.

• @WSS said: WSS said: He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

Does that plan have 768MB RAM?

• @angstrom said:

@WSS said: WSS said: He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

Does that plan have 768MB RAM?

Actually, the default plan is 256MB, now that I look at it. I don't know which I was thinking of. :}

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Ok @WSS, I'm not 'shitting' on @ramnet my only problem with @ramnet is not heaving the provider tag, and that's minor. I don't see where I specifically raise any other issue with @ramnet,

My big problem is with the overall handling of the situation, and that is (at least as far as we know) not @ramnet responsibility.