Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• @Clouvider said:
    Ok @WSS, I'm not 'shitting' on @ramnet my only problem with @ramnet is not heaving the provider tag, and that's minor. I don't see where I specifically raise any other issue with @ramnet,

My big problem is with the overall handling of the situation, and that is (at least as far as we know) not @ramnet responsibility.

@Clouvider That's only been a requirement for posting "Offer" threads, or has that since changed? Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do my "Virmach Fire Sale for Vets" thread, even if I did start it on the "no rules" day.

This whole situation is fucked, but it looks like you went after ramnet without just cause. That's my take on it.

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:

@WSS said: WSS said: He's provided a nice service for several rules, and doing a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM for those affected is at least a good will gesture, as you realize there's not a hell of a lot of profit to be had there, especially with those who abused SH's poorly-filtered promotion.

Not entirely clear where you found a $7.5/yr 768MB KVM in this thread.

6 months free at $15 is what, now?

Does that plan have 768MB RAM?

Actually, the default plan is 256MB, now that I look at it. I don't know which I was thinking of. :}

Indeed.

My point is that @ramnet's refugee offer may be of interest to those with a 256MB RAM KVM plan at ServerHand (though there's still a difference of disk space: 15GB at ServerHand vs 7GB at tinykvm.com), but it's unlikely to attract those who have a bigger KVM at ServerHand.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:

@Clouvider said:
    Ok @WSS, I'm not 'shitting' on @ramnet my only problem with @ramnet is not heaving the provider tag, and that's minor. I don't see where I specifically raise any other issue with @ramnet,

My big problem is with the overall handling of the situation, and that is (at least as far as we know) not @ramnet responsibility.

@Clouvider That's only been a requirement for posting "Offer" threads, or has that since changed? Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do my "Virmach Fire Sale for Vets" thread, even if I did start it on the "no rules" day.

This whole situation is fucked, but it looks like you went after ramnet without just cause. That's my take on it.

I wouldn't call pointing out that @ramnet doesn't have a provider tag 'going after' them. I also do not need to know every provider on the planet. Apologies if that insulted @ramnet, you or anyone else.

I find, however, a 3rd party doing some sort of announcement on behalf @ServerHand highly unprofessional.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: wouldn't have been able to do my "Virmach Fire Sale for Vets" thread

similarly @falzo posting netcup offers too .
    I think ramnet should apply for providers tag asap , probably missed this change :)

• LeeLee Veteran

Clouvider said: I find, however, a 3rd party doing some sort of announcement on behalf @ServerHand highly unprofessional.

I have to agree with this regardless of who is involved, I mean I seen this

ramnet said: An announcement may be coming soon regarding a solution for the community.

And also thought this.

raindog308 said: XFS_Duke Buys GVH, The Sequel: DRAMASTIC

And then this

ramnet said: I can verify who was a ServerHand customer and thus who qualifies for the refugee offer.

Made me think that client data has been handed over. I mean it's not hard for someone to provide evidence of a refund if they wanted to go to Ramnet without any client data being transferred.

Again, bottom line, anyone can offer a refugee on evidence of a refund, no client data needed.

Thanked by 2Clouvider uptime
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

I do apologize for the lack of provider tag, I hadn't realized that was a thing now, and I've already submitted a request for one to the helpdesk.

Also, just to clarify, I do not have any copy of the ServerHand client database. I merely ask the owner on each order to confirm if anyone taking advantage of the refugee offer is qualified.

We are endorsed by and have full cooperation with ServerHand for doing this refugee deal. I would not have posted it otherwise.

• @bitswitch said:

@MrPsycho said:
    Did you even bother to check his profile? He joined LET in 2011. Four years before you! His first offer in "offers" section was in October 2011 and the last one in March 2013. That's way before anyone ever heard of you!

Clouvider scolding someone he don't know, to make himself look better. Classy.

Any this is how relevant? Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

Seriously dude, is there anything you don't bitch about?

Ramone is offering 6 months of free service and you still bitch ffs.

• @Lee said:
    Of course, anyone who has had a refund can prove that to any provider, so if Ramnet can make a refugee offer then there is nothing stopping everyone else doing the same in this thread now.

Go ahead and do yours. I'm sure there a whole lot of solid providers lining out to offer free service.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2017

404error said: Go ahead and do yours. I'm sure there a whole lot of solid providers lining out to offer free service.

We have a bit of a cunt here, what other account do you have, this is not your first is it.

• @ramnet your status page seems to be different from when you wrote https://www.ramhost.us/?page=vps-not-oversold

No graphs, just smiley faces.

• @404error said:
    Seriously dude, is there anything you don't bitch about?

Not your "dude" if you dont mind. It would be just nice if rules would apply to everyone and if you had paid just a bit of attention you would have noticed it wasnt me who bitched but MrPsycho, but such details a probably not important.

• 404error404error Member
    edited December 2017

@Lee said:

404error said: Go ahead and do yours. I'm sure there a whole lot of solid providers lining out to offer free service.

We have a bit of a cunt here, what other account do you have, this is not your first is it.

I do enjoy warm cunt, I'm not even picky on the time of the day, I like it in the morning, after lunch... before night nigh time... I like fast food style and I like take your time style.. I just don't like it Tantric style, I leave that for you, now be a doll and when time is ripe. send it to me. I'll enjoy that one too.

Thanks.

• 404error404error Member
    edited December 2017

@bitswitch said:
    wasnt me who bitched but MrPsycho,

@bitswitch said:
    It would be just nice if rules would apply to everyone

Dude, stop bitching over someone offering free service.

Thanked by 2IAlwaysBeCoding LjL
  • @404error said:
    Dude, stop bitching.

What are you on?

• LeeLee Veteran

bitswitch said: What are you on?

Serverhand's lap clearly.

• @Lee said:
    Serverhand's lap clearly.

As long as its warm and cosy there ....

• edited December 2017

@Lee said:

>

For some reason, I'm not surprised that @WSS old cheap tricks have rubbed on you as a pathetic attack to use when you can't seem to disagree with someone's else point of view. Calling someone a re-reg, or suggesting that is not their first account, seems to be the go-to choice for people like you that have lost the ability to make strong compelling arguments. You have even started to display works like "cunt" all over your posts. That must make you proud that you have amassed thousands of posts here and that you have the ability to accuse someone of multiple accounts on newly members.

@404error does make a compelling argument, and we both agree that what happened to @ServerHand was just a misfortune and an error in the fraud cases that would come. Heck @ServerHand literally only had 30 customers at most, then suddenly gained a few hundred in the span of 2 weeks. How the heck was that guy supposed to even know what was happening to him. In the business world you learn from your mistakes, nobody is perfect.

On top of that, @ramnet has lined up to make special refugees packages for those affected by @ServerHand actions. Yet, I don't see any other providers from this forum lining up and trying to offer some help to those clients that possibly won't get a full refund.

@IAlwaysBeCoding solution is simple.

You don’t process the orders, or you have no intention to, you hit the refund button. You don’t have to deal with the fraud, chargeback fees, and other unpleasant consequences of being a high risk merchant that result from people feeling they’ve been cheated. It would be dickish move, but still much more fair than what appears to be singling out a single nation and blaming all the bad in the world on them.

@ServerHand outright refused it, I think @Lee proposed it, and the response was “Sorry I cant do it’, he dug his own hole, and kept digging it, so no, you can’t excuse him in that way.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: For some reason

It's my way, I lose interest in any intellectual argument with people like him or indeed you.

• LeeLee Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: On top of that, @ramnet has lined up to make special refugees packages

Nah, he seen an opportunity, not an act of kindness.

edited December 2017

@Lee said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: On top of that, @ramnet has lined up to make special refugees packages

Nah, he seen an opportunity, not an act of kindness.

In truth, it's a bit of both.

There isn't a whole lot of money to be made giving away free service. On the other hand, being a good responsible company in the industry has certain marketing benefits.

Sometimes doing what is right is more important than doing what is profitable.

• LeeLee Veteran

ramnet said: On the other hand, being a good responsible company in the industry has certain marketing benefits.

I will give you that :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Lee said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: For some reason

It's my way, I lose interest in any intellectual argument with people like him or indeed you.

Intellectual argument, chuckle. Sure mate.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • LeeLee Veteran

He was trying to offload these clients on WHT before there was any mention of it here.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1686414

So the plan was to dump them, but nobody was going to take them as the clients already paid upfront and I suspect he was not going to compensate anyone who showed interest.

And I doubt he was going to tell those clients beforehand that their personal details were getting transferred on.

• ramnet said: Also, just to clarify, I do not have any copy of the ServerHand client database. I merely ask the owner on each order to confirm if anyone taking advantage of the refugee offer is qualified.

How many total customers are there, and how many signups (fake or real) are you getting?

Because it would be like 20 lines of PHP code to make a page on serverhand's whmcs server that checks whether a given email address is registered, is marked as active and has a pre-defined package id.

It wouldn't be worth the hassle if we are talking about 10 customers here, but if it's going towards 100+ manual checks, that might ultimately save time.

@Harzem said:
    How many total customers are there, and how many signups (fake or real) are you getting?

Honestly, not many. ServerHand was never a big company in any case.

edited December 2017

WHT post says they are looking to offload one server with 100 Customers, that probably is the server with @QuadraNet_Adam this is the one he tried to get rid of so desperately.

• LeeLee Veteran

Clouvider said: WHT post says they are looking to offload one server with 100 Customers, that probably is the server with @QuadraNet_Adam this is the one he tried to get rid of so desperately.

Yeah, looks like Quadranet was suggesting a ridiculous upgrade for his $10 pa clients.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1684688&p=9974557#post9974557

@Lee said:

Clouvider said: WHT post says they are looking to offload one server with 100 Customers, that probably is the server with @QuadraNet_Adam this is the one he tried to get rid of so desperately.

Yeah, looks like Quadranet was suggesting a ridiculous upgrade for his $10 pa clients.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1684688&p=9974557#post9974557

QuadraNet can’t be blamed for his choices. They provide HW, he was the one that was supposed to plan and figure out a way to monetise it, after all he is the provider. If he couldn’t, he should have not taken it up, simple as that. It’s. Itching about overt or undercharging. You can either afford something or not, simple as that.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I can understand the excitement that comes from a large number of signups at once for a new company. Though it is a good lesson to not expand beyond your means, especially for cheap yearly paying customers. Sometimes slow consistent growth is better. If you need to put your services out of stock for a little while that is ok.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Lee