Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

@Clouvider said:

@ServerHand said:
    I still don't know what you are all on about, I gave people the option of refund or credit in the email today. You're saying I'm not refunding them but you're 100% wrong.

And that now applies to all Customers or LET only Customers ? I’m asking as your Customer from China here states that he did not receive any email, which implies you’re still trying to give different treatments to different groups of people.

What is the default action if the Customer doesn’t fill your Google docs ?

If you have any further questions, feel feel free to pm me.

• I have another solution. Post another cheap deal and when users sign up, use that amount to refund previous customers. Then cancel their service and give them credit instead of a refund. If they complain then post another cheap deal and use that amount to refund previous customers. Rinse, Repeat. Make it sort of MLM/Ponzi scheme.

• @alilet said:
    I have another solution. Post another cheap deal and when users sign up, use that amount to refund previous customers. Then cancel their service and give them credit instead of a refund. If they complain then post another cheap deal and use that amount to refund previous customers. Rinse, Repeat. Make it sort of MLM/Ponzi scheme.

don't forget to offer big affiliates to get posted on asian blogs for better marketing, now that you realized what a boost that is. also don't bother to pay out, it'll be 'non of your business' then anyway...

• mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@Clouvider said:

@ServerHand said:
    I still don't know what you are all on about, I gave people the option of refund or credit in the email today. You're saying I'm not refunding them but you're 100% wrong.

And that now applies to all Customers or LET only Customers ? I’m asking as your Customer from China here states that he did not receive any email, which implies you’re still trying to give different treatments to different groups of people.

What is the default action if the Customer doesn’t fill your Google docs ?

That's what i would have liked to know too but i think there won't be any statement. He was directly asked about that like half a dozen times now only to conclude:

@ServerHand said:
    I still don't know what I supposedly haven't answered.

Which i read as: Fuck you.

Now it is:

@ServerHand said:
    If you have any further questions, feel feel free to pm me.

Which i read as: Fuck you a little because you seem important.

Thanked by 2Clouvider LjL
  • @brueggus said:
    Can we stop kicking a man when he's down now?

I wouldnt go as far as saying he is being kicked. He is asked legitimate questions which he appears to try to avoid at all cost.

What you seem to consider as "kicking" is the fact that people continue wanting answers.

He's accountable to nobody here.

He is accountable to his customers. He is not to others here, that is true but on the other hand nobody asked for confidential data either but only general questions about customer discrimination, refunds for cancelled services and so on. These are questions which are normal in the context of this thread and based on the known information so far.

Thanked by 1LjL
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Well he said he is going to refund EVERYONE, he said he has emailed EVERYONE, no one should have to ASK to get a refund so all customers should get to keep services or get a refund and ONLY get CREDIT if they ASK for it.

That is the fair, moral, legal way to deal with this, so let's just draw a line under it for 90 days and revisit it then when we see what REALLY happened.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2017

bitswitch said: He is asked legitimate questions which he appears to try to avoid at all cost.

What you seem to consider as "kicking" is the fact that people continue wanting answers.

There are ~20 people in this thread arguing against one who keep asking him questions like where he gets his funds from and whether he emailed specific customers or not. He has made very clear that he doesn't want to answer these questions and that's perfectly fine. In fact, no serious-minded company would discuss such matters in a public forum. He has already given more insights in this thread than he is obliged to and than he should have and people twist every word he says.

We came from "everyone gets account credit" to "you can choose whether you want to keep your service, get a refund or get credit" and I seriously think it's enough now. Give him some time to sort things out.

Thanked by 1404error
  • bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@brueggus said:
    There are ~20 people in this thread arguing against one who keep asking him questions like where he gets his funds from and whether he emailed specific customers or not.

Well, people wouldnt keep asking these questions if he hadnt flip-flopped on these topic by the minute and if the facts were not contrary to the claims.

He has made very clear that he doesn't want to answer these questions

He hasnt explicitly said so but yes, it is pretty obvious.

and that's perfectly fine.

I beg to differ.

In fact, no serious-minded company would discuss such matters in a public forum.

Quite the contrary I am afraid. No serious company would offer an unsustainable service in the first place, then cancel it without refunds, then claim to offer refunds to certain groups, give out preferential treatment to others, then say all customers receive a refund only to backpedal in the next response and publicly state that those groups are excluded. From what we know cccat still has not received the notification nor has his question (or any of the follow-ups) been answered.

Nobody expects a discussion about confidential topics but a clarification would be nice and this was refused. Of course, he is only accountable to his customers and not to others, but the reputation ServerHand is going to have should then neither come as a surprise. This could have been avoided - but I already wrote most of that earlier anyhow.

We came from "everyone gets account credit" to "you can choose whether you want to keep your service, get a refund or get credit" and I seriously think it's enough now.

Excuse me, but should people now be grateful to receive a refund? That would seem to be the bare minimum and yet it seems we arent fully there yet either as some customer groups seem to be still excluded.

• brueggus said: There are ~20 people in this thread arguing against one who keep asking him questions like where he gets his funds from and whether he emailed specific customers or not

welcome to LET ;-)

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Well he said he is going to refund EVERYONE, he said he has emailed EVERYONE, no one should have to ASK to get a refund so all customers should get to keep services or get a refund and ONLY get CREDIT if they ASK for it.

That is the fair, moral, legal way to deal with this, so let's just draw a line under it for 90 days and revisit it then when we see what REALLY happened.

There will be at least two problems if things are implemented in the way described in the email yesterday:

• The default is account credit; you have to ask for a refund. (People will miss this point, feel tricked, and then may react unpredictably.)
    • The yearly plans will be canceled Friday night (= tonight). (People will miss this point, get their plans canceled without having made backups, and then may react unpredictably.)
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

angstrom said: There will be at least two problems if things are implemented in the way described in the email yesterday:

The default is account credit; you have to ask for a refund. (People will miss this point, feel tricked, and then may react unpredictably.)

The yearly plans will be canceled Friday night (= tonight). (People will miss this point, get their plans canceled without having made backups, and then may react unpredictably.)

That's what happens when you do business with kids, they have no moral compass, everything is about them and what is best for them.

Thanked by 2Shazan vimalware
  • @brueggus said:
    He has made very clear that he doesn't want to answer these questions and that's perfectly fine.

Well, of course it's obvious but i would not call it clear. Clear is something like: "I am not going to answer that". What he is doing is more like pretending these questions don't exist. I ask a direct question. He answers: What's the question? I would'nt call that perfectly fine unless he's looking for a sure fire way to piss people off.

In fact, no serious-minded company would discuss such matters in a public forum. He has already given more insights in this thread than he is obliged to and than he should have and people twist every word he says.

Somewhat agree on the financial part. I personaly don't care to much where the refund money suddenly came from (probably a loan). Where it originally went to was a bit more interesting though as you'd expect a company that just sold a lot of stuff to at least have some money but he cleared that up and actually that is imo the only part of this thread that is consistent. Everything else seems rather confusing with lots of back and forth and little concrete information.

We came from "everyone gets account credit" to "you can choose whether you want to keep your service, get a refund or get credit"

Well, not really. You can only keep the service if you have an account here and are actively following this thread since otherwise you won't know you have to open a ticket (as seen with @sheng above). Also if you just lurk LET to find deals you are out of luck too as you can't supply a username. Further it seems that not everyone even got the mail containing the refund option which is likely based on which country the costumer is from. Sure this is speculation but judging by the hosts previous comments about the evil chinese forum doing unpaid promotion for him and the lack of response it seems rather plausible.

• i know this is LET and i know everyone here is very, very, very special and are experts at what they do and rarely every fu. but ffs 90% of this thread is trolling and seriously half of the arguments and questions are straw men. the OP screwed up. at least twice. it really looks like he is trying to make good on both errors but the very, very, very special people here just want to - actually i have no clue what point some of you are trying to make. maybe you are just trying to be seen and heard and to continue to be... special...

Thanked by 2brueggus 404error
  • LeeLee Veteran

seaeagle said: i know this is LET

Exactly, so what's your point? Oh you don't have one.

• and in case anyone is not special and is feeling left out:

• @seaeagle said:
    ffs 90% of this thread is trolling

Some comments might have been inappropriate, but saying 250+ comments are "trolling" and unreasonable is an unreasonable statement itself.

and seriously half of the arguments and questions are straw men.

How? A lot of the questions were simply repeated because the hoster obviously wants to avoid them.

the OP screwed up. at least twice. it really looks like he is trying to make good on both errors

He did screw up but the recent comments are not even about the recent "screw ups" but rather about the ongoing ones. He did eventually give in and announced to refund customers, but only after a lot of back and forth. The fact that he blatantly denies earlier statements in this very thread and that he obviously avoids questions regarding actions contradicting his current statements does not add further credibility.

actually i have no clue what point some of you are trying to make.

If you have read the thread, especially the last two pages it should have been pretty obvious to you.

• You think this guy is going to really give refunds after indicating there is no money for them?

• @seaeagle said:
    and in case anyone is not special and is feeling left out:

But that would not be "trolling" then I presume

• @Lee said:

seaeagle said: i know this is LET

Exactly, so what's your point? Oh you don't have one.

Its a good question. i guess my point is:

people can be experts, people can be assholes. if people want to be experts and want people to actually care what they say - dont be an asshole all day while giving expert advice because the person the advice is directed at is only seeing/hearing the asshole and isnt going to hear the message.

@bitswitch said:
    Some comments might have been inappropriate, but saying 250+ comments are "trolling" and unreasonable is an unreasonable statement itself.

and seriously half of the arguments and questions are straw men.

How? A lot of the questions were simply repeated because the hoster obviously wants to avoid them.

for example how many times did you continue to push the initial plan back at serverhand even after he had replied multiple times saying he would refund. you didnt care that he was now going to refund, you just wanted to keep pushing the fact that he initially and wrongly was cancelling and offering credit only. you ignored him because it didnt leave you anything to bite on.

the OP screwed up. at least twice. it really looks like he is trying to make good on both errors

He did screw up but the recent comments are not even about the recent "screw ups" but rather about the ongoing ones. He did eventually give in and announced to refund customers, but only after a lot of back and forth. The fact that he blatantly denies earlier statements in this very thread and that he obviously avoids questions regarding actions contradicting his current statements does not add further credibility.

actually the thread completely died way back on page 3. nobody cared. there was some let drama, popcorn and shitposting. but then when serverhand comes back and owns his error and says hes going to refund people thats when a whole bunch of people really got upset. why? he did what people advised him to. but thats no fun. no drama there so the next 3 pages are people trying to create more drama.

hes obviously young. obviously inexperienced. and obviously learning. the last three pages here suggest people are happier to see young and inexperienced people failing and failing loudly rather than taking advice and learning.

actually i have no clue what point some of you are trying to make.

If you have read the thread, especially the last two pages it should have been pretty obvious to you.

nope. ive read the whole thread and most of it is shit stirring.

Thanked by 1404error
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@seaeagle said:
    actually the thread completely died way back on page 3. nobody cared. there was some let drama, popcorn and shitposting. but then when serverhand comes back and owns his error and says hes going to refund people thats when a whole bunch of people really got upset. why? he did what people advised him to. but thats no fun. no drama there so the next 3 pages are people trying to create more drama.

Did he ?

As far as I understand, he is going to refund people who signed up here only, and specifically he is not going to refund people from China. Also his Customer from China advised he has not received the email that was sent to others, and the email is not in the history, meaning they might have beeen sent with country bias.

He refuses to answer this question neither when asked by his Customer nor by at least 2 other members here, which implies that he didn’t own it. He just plays some PR game that will likely blow up even more in the future months.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@seaeagle said:

for example how many times did you continue to push the initial plan back at serverhand even after he had replied multiple times saying he would refund. you didnt care that he was now going to refund, you just wanted to keep pushing the fact that he initially and wrongly was cancelling and offering credit only. you ignored him because it didnt leave you anything to bite on.

Please just read the thread.

I specifically mentioned that this would be a good decision if he actually follows through with it. So what are you even talking about? Read the thread and please stop making things up.

Again, read the thread. As I just mentioned and also mentioned in my previous reply to you, the refund issue is not even the main issue at this point (assuming he actually does apply the refund to all customers, which appears to not be the case -> @Clouvider's response).

Read the bloody thread.

hes obviously young. obviously inexperienced. and obviously learning. the last three pages here suggest people are happier to see young and inexperienced people failing and failing loudly rather than taking advice and learning.

First, he might be in his thirties according to some public sources. Second, that is a ludicrous argument anyhow as has got no meaning in a commercial context and how you treat customers. Or would you also pardon fraud with the age argument? Poor chap is young and didnt know any better? Seriously.

This entire story was poorly handled from start to finish and is still going on.

nope. ive read the whole thread and most of it is shit stirring.

You obviously have not.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@ServerHand it might be best for you to just back out now while you are ahead as everyone else recommended, as you have already digged yourself a very deep grave already that the PR you are getting from this, isn't going to help you at all.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited December 2017

I'm curious how many clients we're talking about. Never heard of SH.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    I'm curious how many clients we're talking about. Never heard of SH.

He said he had like 30 of them before half of china decided to sign up.

• Kid saw $$$$ and ran with it. End of story. Now he's trying to backpeddle his way out of chargeback hell. (Mommies cc is attached to paypal maybe? Who knows.)

Don't think the amount of clients ever mattered. Buying servers to stuff with $10 yearly clients was never going to work out. Now magically, he returned the shit he bought and has money to pay for servers. None of this makes sense.

Enjoy the wild ride. Get out whilst you can. I don't mean to be a dick, but someone needed to say it. Call it shit stirring or whatever lol. I'm getting off this ride before it breaks down mid track.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Kid saw $$$$ and ran with it. End of story. Now he's trying to backpeddle his way out of chargeback hell. (Mommies cc is attached to paypal maybe? Who knows.)

Don't think the amount of clients ever mattered. Buying servers to stuff with $10 yearly clients was never going to work out. Now magically, he returned the shit he bought and has money to pay for servers. None of this makes sense.

>

You're right. Maybe he decided to fund it with his own pocket money. That's why I'm curious how many clients we're talking about. I'd take the loss and use my own money to fund the servers or refund people if the numbers are somewhat reasonable. Then fase out those unsustainable plans. Lesson learned.

If you handle it like that there's no reason for people to chargeback and if they do they'll probably lose it. Surely he made some money by selling those plans so he'd lose like what? Couple of grand at most?

Looks like he wants to continue with his business so that won't be a big investment if you're serious about it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Well, we know this guy from #Lowendbox IRC on FreeNode, he was not trustworthy before.
    I did kinda see it coming but not so fast.

• @Neoon said:
    Well, we know this guy from #Lowendbox IRC on FreeNode, he was not trustworthy before.
    I did kinda see it comming but not so fast.

Is there a previous hosting company in the shitter too?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:
    I did kinda see it comming but not so fast.

Is there a previous hosting company in the shitter too?

No idea, he is on #Lowendbox for a while, he was never trustworthy to me.

One day he launched the hosting called ServerHand, he also posted offers on IRC.

I expected it to fail, and it did. But its a bit like a gamble, it could succeed.

• For the record, yesterday I backed up what I needed to back up, I turned off my VPS, and then I fill out the Google docs page requesting a refund.

Given the crisis of confidence regarding the near future of ServerHand, I decided not to keep my VPS. And there was also no incentive to prefer account credit over a refund.

I'll see how this plays out.

Thanked by 1Clouvider