Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• @ServerHand:
    I assume based on your post's wording that LEB people who wish to cancel can get refunded if they wish to do so, as the "let me know your LEB name" seems to indicate you aren't actively seeking to sift through the accounts? Clarifying that point may be worthwhile and may also cut down on chargebacks.

• @angstrom said:
    I won't copy the email received today from @ServerHand (he can post it if he wants to), but it says that they will "terminate all yearly services and refund everyone". More precisely, there are two options: a prorated refund or account credit. In order to ask for a refund, you need to fill out several fields on a Google docs page. The email also says that they will give people until Friday night to back up their data.

What @ServerHand proposed above in this thread is to allow LET members (exceptionally) to keep their yearly services if they want to keep them. In this case, they need to open a ticket saying that they're from LET and want to keep their yearly service(s).

(This is intended as a summary of the present situation.)

@ServerHand: The email doesn't say anything about Los Angeles in particular, so the natural way to understand the email is that the termination of all yearly services will apply to all three of your locations. If this wasn't the intended reading of your email, then this point should have been clarified better.

• @ServerHand said:

No, no one ever said that was going to happen.

Sorry, but this was exactly your initial plan. You phrased it as "credit" but that equals more or less "no refund" under these circumstances.

Thanked by 3uptime maverickp LjL
  • @bitswitch said:

@ServerHand said:

Sorry, but this was exactly your initial plan. You phrased it as "credit" but that equals more or less "no refund" under these circumstances.

It's not forced on anyone. It's an option if people choose it. I am honoring all refund requests.

• @bitswitch said:

@ServerHand said:

"We're going to honour them with a refund into there billing account"

Exactly, this whole thing just gets weirder

• @ServerHand said:

It's not forced on anyone. It's an option if people choose it. I am honoring all refund requests.

You are saying that now, but that was not the impression anyone here in this thread got.

Thanked by 2vimalware LjL
  • @bitswitch said:

@ServerHand said:

It's probably not worth arguing about the (recent) past now. The current situation looks a little different.

• @bitswitch said:
    You are saying that now, but that was not the impression anyone here in this thread got.

The person that I hired to help save the company sent that initial email out, it wasn't a very good plan. Now, things have changed based on speaking to countless people and finding an equitable solution.

No forced credit, no conversion to yearly, no increase in price. I am stepping up and saying no to his plan and will honor refunds.

• @raindog308 said:

angstrom said: I was reluctant to open a thread for this, but you were right to do so.

170+ comments later, I guess so :-)

Yeah, I think that I underestimated the weight of the first email. :-)

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:
    The person that I hired to help save the company sent that initial email out, it wasn't a very good plan. Now, things have changed based on speaking to countless people and finding an equitable solution.

No forced credit, no conversion to yearly, no increase in price. I am stepping up and saying no to his plan and will honor refunds.

Considering that your very first response left the same impression (crediting the amount but no refunds) the story with the "hired guy" might sound a tad like an excuse now, but I dont want to judge and maybe there is some genuine explanation.

Only thing, should you continue to provide hosting services, take this as a valuable lesson to calculate before offering anything.

• People are disappointed/upset, which is understandable (I also signed up for one of their BF offers), but it seems that @ServerHand has listened and is trying to rectify the situation, so at the moment, it may not be optimal to keep shooting at him. Let's see how he continues to handle the situation.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ServerHand said: No forced credit, no conversion to yearly, no increase in price. I am stepping up and saying no to his plan and will honor refunds.

And if you bought via a Chinese post/forum you will get an actual refund (not credit) or have you changed your mind on that again from less than 2 hours ago?

• @ServerHand said:

Then how about clarifying that with another email to the people that did NOT buy through LET, or did not read this thread?

• @AnthonySmith said:

ServerHand said: No forced credit, no conversion to yearly, no increase in price. I am stepping up and saying no to his plan and will honor refunds.

And if you bought via a Chinese post/forum you will get an actual refund (not credit) or have you changed your mind on that again from less than 2 hours ago?

The email sent out today presumably was sent to everyone with an active service. It would have been discriminatory not to send it to Chinese customers. (So my best guess is that the email was sent to everyone.)

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: being allowed to keep his provider tag?

Agree, nothing stopping him being here, however, the events show a lack of any business acumen, so remove the tag and review in the future.

• @angstrom said:

@AnthonySmith said:

The email sent out today presumably was sent to everyone with an active service. It would have been discriminatory not to send it to Chinese customers. (So my best guess is that the email was sent to everyone.)

I bought their services in China and did not receive their email in the past 24 hours (even checked the email history in whmcs)

Thanked by 1LjL
  • Interesting - -! Lot of providers make huge profits from chinese people ...but This guy lose money |o| ...

• @cccat said:

I bought their services in China and did not receive their email in the past 24 hours (even checked the email history in whmcs)

And the mystery continues

Thanks for the feedback beyond the Great Wall :)

• Again, sorry some of you guys don't like my solution. I've spoken to LET admins and other moderators on Discord and moving forward, it's the best solution.

Thank you all.

• @ServerHand said:
    Again, sorry some of you guys don't like my solution.

Again, what solution are you talking about? The recent posts did not refer to any possible "solutions" but pointed out the inconsistence in some of your public statements.

• Perhaps you should open your own thread and explicitly state what your plans are because now I'm confused as hell, and I only read through this two or three times..

ServerHand said: Again, sorry some of you guys don't like my solution.

How could anyone like "I am just not going to refund 100 or so customers and keep their money without providing service" I am not sure how the LET admins would accept that as you seem to be suggesting @jarland ?

• @AnthonySmith said:

ServerHand said: Again, sorry some of you guys don't like my solution.

How could anyone like "I am just not going to refund 100 or so customers and keep their money without providing service" I am not sure how the LET admins would accept that as you seem to be suggesting @jarland ?

I'm sorry you think I'm not offering a refund, don't know where you think that but I told people in an email today I was cancelling yearly service and refunding. Alternatrively, if they want to stick around, there is an option for a credit to use towards a VPS once things are stable again.

You seem misinformed or very confused.

• @ServerHand said:
    I'm sorry you think I'm not offering a refund, don't know where you think that but I told people in an email today I was cancelling yearly service and refunding. Alternatrively, if they want to stick around, there is an option for a credit to use towards a VPS once things are stable again.

From about each single response you posted here?

You seem misinformed or very confused.

Seriously?

Thanked by 1LjL
  • I mean, it's great you know what's going on because it's certainly hard for me to know what's going on. lol.

ServerHand said: I'm sorry you think I'm not offering a refund, don't know where you think that

Your drunk, clearly.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @AnthonySmith said:

ServerHand said: I'm sorry you think I'm not offering a refund, don't know where you think that

Your drunk, clearly.

* You're

• ServerHand said: but I told people in an email today I was cancelling yearly service and refunding.

Would you mind to post today's email here because I did not receive your email in the past 24 hours. I wonder if you send it to each customer.

I only received the 2 emails in 12/12/2017 titles 'Changes...' and 'Nightly Update'

I checked email history in whmcs and there is nothing more after these 2 emails

• @ServerHand said:
    I mean, it's great you know what's going on because it's certainly hard for me to know what's going on. lol.

I am not sure if this was in response to my reply. But I am afraid you really do not seem to know what is going on as you apparently deny statements you made yourself just a few hours earlier.

• 404error404error Member
    edited December 2017

Ffs the guy made a mistake, and his "solution" evolved certainly due to the feedback he got here.

All you guys are achieving is to make it look like you take any opportunity to gang up on every provider with the exception of the very few that you keep chilling for.. Sorry, I meant praising.

I'm sure you are all great, say even perfect business people that never made a mistake. /s

Love the drama dough.