Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing feedback on our proposed Block Storage, "BuyVM Slabs" ( $5 per 1TB)! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needing feedback on our proposed Block Storage, "BuyVM Slabs" ( $5 per 1TB)!

Comments

• Francisco.. any new?

:D

• @dedicados said:
    Francisco.. any new?

No ves que el wey esta super ocupado y tu todavia te pasas de verga con tus mamadas que si hay algo new. Por supuesto que no hay noticias, si no ya nos hubiera dicho.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • IAlwaysBeCoding said: No ves que el wey esta super ocupado y tu todavia te pasas de verga con tus mamadas que si hay algo new. Por supuesto que no hay noticias, si no ya nos hubiera dicho.

Le ibas al monterrey vdd culero, y por eso andas en tus dias jajajaja

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dedicados said:
    Francisco.. any new?

Holidays kinda janked up timelines some but I'm hoping to get the beta going soon :) Since we're changing the hardware setup some we can easily shorten the beta time length from 3 months to say, a single month, and still keep on track for my initial timeline.

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @dedicados said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: No ves que el wey esta super ocupado y tu todavia te pasas de verga con tus mamadas que si hay algo new. Por supuesto que no hay noticias, si no ya nos hubiera dicho.

Le ibas al monterrey vdd culero, y por eso andas en tus dias jajajaja

no wey es ke pos la pura neta pa que te digo que no, algunos hijos de su reputisima madre, que no dire los nombres pero tu ya sabras si wachas mis postings, me hacen encabronar hasta la madre. Y pos ya ves yo por ser buena onda se pasan de vergas conmigo y nadamas me buscan. Nadamas hablan a lo puro pendejo neta. Y pos ya ves como dice mi abuelita para pendejo no se estudia.

• Thank you @Francisco.

And @IAlwaysBeCoding no mames.

• edited December 2017

@dedicados said:
    And @IAlwaysBeCoding no mames.

Si mamo

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Steve Perry has really, really gone downhill.

• imokimok Member
    edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@dedicados said:
    Francisco.. any new?

No ves que el wey esta super ocupado y tu todavia te pasas de verga con tus mamadas que si hay algo new. Por supuesto que no hay noticias, si no ya nos hubiera dicho.

WTF

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@dedicados said:
    Francisco.. any new?

Me meo de la risa

• LeeLee Veteran

GTFO all you cheap, impatient cunts and let him get on with it.

• When is this happening?

Working on it :)

The cluster is online and minus a hitch with how I was handling the old storage volumes we moved over, it runs awesome.

I'll be giving ou volumes on it soon.

Francisco

Thanked by 1willie
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Pfft. And here I was filling in the form, thinking it was recently posted...

You might want to disable the form :)

@joepie91 said:
    Pfft. And here I was filling in the form, thinking it was recently posted...

You might want to disable the form :)

I'm still going through the data every once in a while :) Was mostly just getting an idea on interest, etc.

It is on the way, the gears all online and performing better than expected.

I now have to take all of the slice nodes offline to install infiniband cards and all that stuff.

Francisco

Thanked by 1fxf
  • fxffxf Member
    edited May 2018

@Francisco said:
    I now have to take all of the slice nodes offline to install infiniband cards and all that stuff.

Holy smoke.

@fxf said:

@Francisco said:

Holy smoke.

Well, it makes sense :) I don't want slow ass 10gbit interlinks.

Francisco

• @fxf said:

@Francisco said:

Holy smoke.

Holy stallion.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Francisco said: I don't want slow ass 10gbit interlinks.

You know a service is premium when 10gbit links are considered slow :P

Good luck with the installation and launch, Fran!

Thanked by 1Francisco
    edited May 2018

MasonR said: You know a service is premium when 10gbit links are considered slow :P

Good luck with the installation and launch, Fran!

There's quite a bit of overhead using TCP so I'd rather use RDMA where i'll get 3GB+/sec on it.

There's pretty much no latency on this either, it feels just as good as local storage.

Francisco

Thanked by 3MasonR file FHR
  • Fran,

EDR or FDR?

@Mark_O_Polo said:
    Fran,

EDR or FDR?

Just QDR for the moment.

We aren't going to be maxing the bandwidth on any of this since we are capping peoples IO.

We are using ConnectX-3 cards though so if we ever want FDR it's a cable/switch swap.

Francisco

• That will will save on upfront costs...

Was a little blown away looking at the EDR price tags.

@Mark_O_Polo said:
    That will will save on upfront costs...

Was a little blown away looking at the EDR price tags.

Yep, it's not cheap.

I have to keep things in check, I can't go blow $100k on NIC's and switches alone and then sell at $5/TB/month. With the prices I've been able to muster on this all I can likely break even it within a year. I'm normally iffy on anything past 6 months but this deployment has a lot of other positives for the company, namely in rack space & power recovery.

Francisco

• Would you be bringing it to the EU?

Always looking for a good storage provider.

• williewillie Member

Francisco said: I'm normally iffy on anything past 6 months but this deployment has a lot of other positives for the company, namely in rack space & power

Charge a little more. Tell them I said it was ok. ;)

@realbusiness said:
    Would you be bringing it to the EU?

Always looking for a good storage provider.

Will be later this year or early next :)

I'm going to take a workation to Lux.

Francisco

• lurchlurch Member
    edited May 2018

This year for lux would be awesome

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • ferriferri Member

This year for lux would be awesome

:+1: for this

• I realize this is probably the dumbest question ever but is this basically S3 compatible storage? So would access the block storage via your slice the same way you would read/write to S3 or what exactly?