Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needing feedback on our proposed Block Storage, "BuyVM Slabs" ( $5 per 1TB)!

1…6791112

Comments

  • @Francisco will we get lux slabs this year?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @lurch said:
    @Francisco will we get lux slabs this year?

    No.

    I will likely take a personal trip to Europe next year to handle the install/prep/etc for it.

    Since every node has to be opened to install the ConnectX-3 cards I don't want to take a chance of them bumping cables or anything else. If anyones going to Fran a node, it'll be me.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 2lurch FHR
  • windows ?

  • How about now, is it out yet?

    Thanked by 2ehab Francisco
  • ehabehab Veteran
    edited September 2018

    @quick said:

    not so quick i must say.

    Thanked by 3Francisco quick FHR
  • so I can buy $3.50/month KVM slice , and add $1.25 for 250gb storage, unlimited bandwidth with DDoS protection. $4.75/month 1GB RAM 270GB storage. I'll take this.

  • @creep said:
    with DDoS protection

    Anti-ddos costs 3 usd extra.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @vds said:
    windows ?

    Sure? The storage appears as another drive to the os so you can format it to NTFS and hook it to a Windows based slice.

    Been making good progress each night. Hopefully have it ready before my birthday.

    Francisco

  • Francisco said: Been making good progress each night. Hopefully have it ready before my birthday.

    Happy Birthday Fran - there I started the birthday celebrations.

    Can I now get my fast-as-a-hot-knife-through-butter storage volume with my slice please... pretty please....

    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @nullnothere said:

    Francisco said: Been making good progress each night. Hopefully have it ready before my birthday.

    Happy Birthday Fran - there I started the birthday celebrations.

    Can I now get my fast-as-a-hot-knife-through-butter storage volume with my slice please... pretty please....

    I'm on Oct 15th ;)

    Francisco

    Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • Francisco said: Been making good progress each night. Hopefully have it ready before my birthday.

    Smart. You haven't said which one. ;-)

    Thanked by 2Francisco jetchirag
  • @Francisco said:

    @vds said:
    windows ?

    Sure? The storage appears as another drive to the os so you can format it to NTFS and hook it to a Windows based slice.

    Been making good progress each night. Hopefully have it ready before my birthday.

    Francisco

    im need order vps

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    vds said: im need order vps

    Hello,

    Right, you would have to buy a VPS as well.

    Francisco

  • How about now, is it out yet?

  • Update us, available now?

  • Francisco said: I'm on Oct 15th

    Thus spake the Slicer

    beagle said: Smart. You haven't said which one. ;-)

    Or did he?

    So are we on for an early Fran's Giving?

  • For the general public without deep server skills, a ready-to-use setup with NextCloud installed might be attractive to those that run out of Dropbox space, like me.

  • @Francisco Sorry did not read much. If someonee has a slice, then can order these storage, mount it. And then can use for normal stuff? Or just for backup storage only?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @jcaleb said:
    @Francisco Sorry did not read much. If someonee has a slice, then can order these storage, mount it. And then can use for normal stuff? Or just for backup storage only?

    Use it however you want. It's a plain old drive in the eye of your vps.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 2jcaleb ferri
  • @Francisco said:

    @jcaleb said:
    @Francisco Sorry did not read much. If someonee has a slice, then can order these storage, mount it. And then can use for normal stuff? Or just for backup storage only?

    Use it however you want. It's a plain old drive in the eye of your vps.

    Francisco

    So we can use it, for example serving PHP script?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    ferri said: So we can use it, for example serving PHP script?

    It'll show up as a harddrive so you can format it and do whatever you want.

    If you want to use it to store videos/pictures/etc, that's your choice.

    Remember, you have to have a VPS with us to use it.

    As an update to people. I'll be doing final tests tonight for all the backend code and likely start the rolling reboots ( :( ) to fix the inifiniband issues this weekend. I'll then start rolling out beta's.

    Francisco

  • How to apply for beta?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @quick said:
    How to apply for beta?

    I'll likely email the google docs list on our twitter.

    I'll do the official beta thread on hostballs though.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 3quick beagle jar
  • Which slice would I need to run a single 720p stream on Plex?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @Xenos said:
    Which slice would I need to run a single 720p stream on Plex?

    No idea, depends on if it's transcoding or just directplay.

    Francisco

  • @Francisco said:

    @Xenos said:
    Which slice would I need to run a single 720p stream on Plex?

    No idea, depends on if it's transcoding or just directplay.

    Francisco

    Let's say transcoding.

  • Francisco said: depends on if it's transcoding or just directplay.

    I need one for transcoding single 720p, please recommend ?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

    @Xenos said:

    @Francisco said:

    @Xenos said:
    Which slice would I need to run a single 720p stream on Plex?

    No idea, depends on if it's transcoding or just directplay.

    Francisco

    Let's say transcoding.

    A single core will likely handle a few streams at least.

    I gotta confirm that, but I know the big plex server i've monitored handles a lot well.

    Francisco

  • @Francisco Just to confirm, this is similar to the AWS's Elastic Block Storage (EBS), right?

  • @Francisco just for 50th confirmation: is it possible to merge slice storage with extra storage?

    Thanked by 1dedicados
Sign In or Register to comment.