Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@itgods said:
    AlexanderM: Not 11,97 Euro?

UK Site, cost me 8GBP, paid with visa card.

• Their "chassis" for their servers are basically metal sleds

• itgodsitgods Member

@AlexanderM: 7.50GBP vs 11.50EUR. Here in Germany it costs 11,97 Euro. That's why I asked. :)

• @tr1cky Just did the calculations.. Same exact HW at mindfactory costs now 615,73€ where as in Finland it was 744.20€... +30 eur for 24h delivery from .de... that's still 100€ cheaper had I ordered from .de ... perhaps next time I'll do that! But in case of warranty, I prefer local dealers..

• @AlexanderM said:
    UK Site, cost me 8GBP, paid with visa card.

I suppose your address must be in UK to order from there?

@peppr said:

Yep, i live in Scotland.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@finlandvps said:
    tr1cky Just did the calculations.. Same exact HW at mindfactory costs now 615,73€ where as in Finland it was 744.20€... +30 eur for 24h delivery from .de... that's still 100€ cheaper had I ordered from .de ... perhaps next time I'll do that! But in case of warranty, I prefer local dealers..

Well, you can still send the hardware to the producers themselves.

• I would order one of these, but they make it too complicated (for what it's worth) to order for US citizens.

I worked it out with the time between my orders, OVH are currently getting around 600 orders per hour!

• @alexanderm Pretty much can forget the 24 hour setup time they claim :) It could take a week to sort this out if it continues....

• paid €10,73 via paypal from ovh.com

How can prices be this diffrent?

@finlandvps said:
    alexanderm Pretty much can forget the 24 hour setup time they claim :) It could take a week to sort this out if it continues....

Meh, for <$6 you can't complain.

• No idea what I'm going to use this for, but for $4.50/m . . .

• @alexanderm in last 3 hours they've sold 1457 servers, that's about 485/hour.

• talsittalsit Member

Dang, too excited about the 2.99 offer to notice the others. In the rush to not miss the boat I'm going to have 3 dedicated servers from them for three months....

• talsittalsit Member

E3-1245 for cheaper than I can colocate my own hardware.

• I really wonder if they have stock for so many servers... On their page: 24 hour setup time depending on stock and accepted order...

• daviddavid Member

Any issue getting VAT removed for non-EU customers?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I dont know how to remove VAT. I just paid with VAT

• I'd like if anyone posted a ServerBear link

• LukeTLukeT Member

Hm, after 2 hours I've still not received payment confirmation :/ First server only took half an hour. They must be really overloaded for times like this (on payment confirm alone)..

• seikanseikan Member

Too bad my country is not listed in their shopping cart :(

• @talsit read the agreement...it says you can order 2 servers per month. However, I wonder if they really force his.

• WoopWoop Member

My French is amazing. Realised that I signed up on the french site so when you login to ovh.co.uk it just redirects you to the French site. Paid 10.73EUR, hopefully they get deployed in a decent time frame.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@LukeT said:
    Hm, after 2 hours I've still not received payment confirmation :/ First server only took half an hour. They must be really overloaded for times like this (on payment confirm alone)..

I got my payment confirm email after 2 hours.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@finlandvps said:
    talsit read the agreement...it says you can order 2 servers per month. However, I wonder if they really force his.

Can you tell me, where they state this? I searched on the german agreement but couldn't find it.

• talsittalsit Member

@finlandvps Not sure, but I opened a ticket to cancel one of the pending orders. They are swamped. My last KS2G was provisioned in less time than it took to get my second order payment confirmation back.

• @talsit why did you want to cancel the pending order?

• @tr1cky at least it was in the finnish agreement, which I think is just translated. It was next to the line saying that you're the responsible person for the management of the server, but OVH remains as the owner of the hardware.

This discussion has been closed.