Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• @asterisk14 said:
    jcaleb - it's been answered before and says so on the OVH page! This DEAL should be posted by Liam/Humza/... on LEB.com to increase awareness and as LEA would have posted it in the past!

And doing this will likely hurt Colocrossing's sales, so why?

• I am from China, it seems I can't buy one from them, is it?

• I just renewed 2 of my mKS few days ago

dammit

• Ordered one about 30mins ago. havent got the confirmation yet. I just wanna play with ESXI but I have noticed its no longer advertised as a option on OS selection page when you order. I'm sure it was there a week ago. Now its not there on the whole kimsufi line. Any thoughts on this?

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited July 2013

It seem that it's not available via www.ovh.com/fr/ yet

Disponibilité* À partir du 29/07/2013

But if i proceed with order, it seem that i can proceed to checkout ... how weird

• tommytommy Member

just purchase one :)

• This is how my order looks like after ~12 hours: http://i.imgur.com/of3yvPN.png

Received a payment confirmation instantly but it isn't setup yet.

• What's the data transfer limit on these plans?

• talsittalsit Member

@joelgm said:
    What's the data transfer limit on these plans?

Unlimited on 100Mbps port (~32Tb?)

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

I don't get it, how do you order one?

• awsonawson Member

@perennate said:
    I don't get it, how do you order one?

I ordered through ovh.ie

https://www.ovh.ie/order/kimsufi.cgi

edited July 2013

So, I get a page saying I need to validate, but then I'm confused what to do next. I sent email with information but didn't get any confirmation email of anything. I can login to the Manager but I can't find anything to pay or do anything with.. anywhere.. lol.

Edit: a few hours ago I was doing through the FR site, but this time I did through Ireland one; at least FR site sent some sort of confirmation email.

• rds100rds100 Member

I assume the validation is manual and the people in France have not gone to work yet.

edited July 2013

@rds100 said:
    I assume the validation is manual and the people in France have not gone to work yet.

So you validate before payment?

Edit: and nowhere to check order in the Manager before validation?

EDIT: nevermind my mail client just started failing to refresh randomly x.x

• @rds100 said:

Those poor people are gonna have one hell of a backlog when they arrive for work in the morning

• jcalebjcaleb Member

waiting is really exciting. this will be my first dedi

@jcaleb said:
    waiting is really exciting. this will be my first dedi

Did you just send email for ID or do you have to login to manager and ticket or something?

• awsonawson Member

@perennate said:
    Did you just send email for ID or do you have to login to manager and ticket or something?

I believe they send you an email if they require ID from you.

• 12 hours and still waiting. :(

Hope at the end of everything they dont say, "Sorry this offer is only valid for French nationals" or something. ;)

• I got one as an American on ovh.ie, I'd just be patient, there are probably thousands of these verifications they need to do.

• daviddavid Member

I ordered one, too, and got payment confirmation.

I guess I'll go about trying to have the VAT removed for future renewals after the order is processed and setup.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@perennate said:

I am just waiting, as I don't know what to do.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2013

My word some of you are impatient.

My first mKS took about 18 hours to be setup. Given the hammer OVH must be getting right now, expect your orders to take the full 24, and then anything sooner is a pleasant surprise.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited July 2013

Close to 12 hours and a existing customer. Ohh well... voor 3euros a month I can't complain at all. I will be trowing out a few vps'es. And keep 3 boxes for backup, vpn and development. ( @Nick_A will be happy that I will move my (private) torrent/media box away from him :P)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Woop said:

1. True, but who will buy more expensive when they can buy cheaper. They will probably cancel when they can buy another cheap KS in another DC they will open.
    2. Who will buy used atoms by the truckload ? I mean, they are already past their normal life (2-3 years) They cant be sold, I may buy one or two to make homeservers for friends, but the demand will be nowhere near enough to make them sellable for 20+ Eur, the MB without the disk.
  • @Nekki said:
    My word some of you are impatient.

My first mKS took about 18 hours to be setup. Given the hammer OVH must be getting right now, expect your orders to take the full 24, and then anything sooner is a pleasant surprise.

Well, some of the initial posts do mention a provisioning time of within 1.5 hours. But it seems now they're swamped with orders. As expected. :)

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

@manacit said:
    I got one as an American on ovh.ie, I'd just be patient, there are probably thousands of these verifications they need to do.

But then your country does not figure as one of the top perpetrators of spam, as mine does. :(

Btw...Does anyone know how Server reinstalls happens once you get a Dedicated? I know free remote automated reinstalls are mentioned. But how does it work. Do you submit a form, use a panel or something else?

• "nous verifions manuellement votre paiement"

what next?

• awsonawson Member

@joelgm said:
    Btw...Does anyone know how Server reinstalls happens once you get a Dedicated? I know free remote automated reinstalls are mentioned. But how does it work. Do you submit a form, use a panel or something else?

You can do it in the manager.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

@awson said:
    You can do it in the manager.

And you get some kind of notification when it completes?

@isy44h112 said:
    "nous verifions manuellement votre paiement"
    what next?

The long wait. :D

This discussion has been closed.