Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• skaska Member

Does ordering from the German site need the ID proof when paying with paypal or CC?

• @sundaymouse Usually the order is processed in 5-10 at least in CC payments, I only once paid via Paypal before and that too was processed in 10 minutes. I wonder why it takes so long to process this time. I think I have to wait for Finnish business hours until they confirm the order from Finland, maybe the same is happening to you.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited July 2013

come on , someone tell that old mk2g user gets the discount too... i opened a ticket...

i renewed i few days ago :(

• @ska said:
    Does ordering from the German site need the ID proof when paying with paypal or CC?

I didn't need one and paid with Paypal. My server isn't setup yet though, although they "confirm the receipt of your payment"

Thanked by 1ska
  • @ska They've only asked for ID when cancelling the order. At least for me. Didn't know you can just leave it unpaid and it will be cancelled until they told me, in that case, I dont think it needs an ID at all.

Thanked by 1ska
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@tridinebandim i dont think so because its other Datacenter with cheaper systems/simple routing etc..

• @gsrdgrdghd did you get an email confirmation or just the "payment received" page? If you click back to the order, you'll see the order is being processed.

• Did anyone notice that the KS 4G initially had 2 x 500 TB soft raid on the order page and now 1 x 1000 TB?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@ska said:

I think it depends, I didn't have to send them an ID but I'm a long term customer and had services with them before.

Thanked by 1ska
  • @finlandvps said:
    gsrdgrdghd did you get an email confirmation or just the "payment received" page? If you click back to the order, you'll see the order is being processed.

email confirmation: http://i.imgur.com/09C0Qt3.png

• @gsrdgrdghd I got now the email confirmation for first order. It took exactly 1.5 hours.

• @finlandvps said:
    gsrdgrdghd I got now the email confirmation for first order. It took exactly 1.5 hours.

Same... weird :P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

come on , someone tell that old mk2g user gets the discount too... i opened a ticket...

Order a new server, then cancel the old one.

i renewed i few days ago :(

And don't f--king whine, I renewed mine till October, I am not going to open tickets and beg for "free stuffz", they're giving amazing deals as it is.

Did anyone notice that the KS 4G initially had 2 x 500 TB soft raid on the order page and now 1 x 1000 TB?

Yep, noticed that.

• LukeTLukeT Member

Benchmark:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800   @ 1.86GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  798.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1995 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2047 MB
    System uptime :   6 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.88MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.42MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.78MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 9.02MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.50MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.21MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.51MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.67MB/s 
    I/O speed :  91.1 MB/s

Not so sure at the CPU speed though.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

At least in Germany it says it's available in 24 hours, usually this takes more than an hour atleast, for 1 hour availability I experienced a setup time lower than 10 mins in the past

• CoudioCoudio Member

So, they don't require any form of ID confirmation for the 2.99 plan?

@Coudio they require it if you live outside of the EU and want to remove VAT from your invoice; other than that - dunno.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

Bought a couple of them from the French site? Do everyone have to pay VAT even if they're from outside Europe. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyone else not renewing their LEBs this month? :)

So what kind of installation are you guys choosing at the time of order? I chose Proxmox though I hadn't used it yet.

• @gsrdgrdghd how long did it take for you to get access to your server? 1.5 hours for payment confirmation, but did the server get setupped already?

Do everyone have to pay VAT even if they're from outside Europe.

Before paying you should have contacted them and sent in your ID, that way you'd pay no VAT.

• @joelgm thinking about cancelling my 1TB/512MB/5000GB BW 20$/month backupsy. Plus I replace an 58$ dedicated with the Kimsufi16G for 30$. Thanks to OVH, I'll save money:)

edited July 2013

@rm_ said:
    Before paying you should have contacted them and sent in your ID, that way you'd pay no VAT.

Ah. I think I may have been too excited to order before they run out of stock. Do you think they'll be agreeable to removing the VAT at the time of renewal, providing docs are submitted?

• @finlandvps said:
    gsrdgrdghd how long did it take for you to get access to your server? 1.5 hours for payment confirmation, but did the server get setupped already?

Not set up yet.

thinking about cancelling my 1TB/512MB/5000GB BW 20$/month backupsy.

It's sad that small companies such as Backupsy have to compete with giants like OVH where they almost certainly can't win

edited July 2013

Do you think they'll be agreeable to removing the VAT at the time of renewal, providing docs are submitted?

At the renewal of course, but they do not refund VAT from the already paid invoices.

edited July 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    It's sad that small companies such as Backupsy have to compete with giants like OVH where they almost certainly can't win

I wasn't happy losing the Lombard based Backupsy, so I might cancel as well. They still have an advantage in a 1Gbps port speed.

• @serverian what's backupsy's plan to offer against 15$ dedicated Kimsufi4G/4G RAM/1TB disk/100 Mbps unlimited BW at NL location? The only reason I'm still considering backupsy is the 1 Gbps network link.

• To me the Kimsufi 4G plan isn't looking as nice as the Kimsufi 2G plan because of the price difference. I'd like one more to run FreeBSD :) Still considering. If I buy Kimsufi 4G, I think Backupsy has to go.

• "No method of payment, please contact us"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@isy44h112 you need to verify your account

• @finlandvps - I got criticism for making comparisons between different VPS providers, so you should not be asking @serverian for a more competitive price based on this!

It is only a matter of time when the big players will take over the low end market. Previously they probably couldn't be bothered to deal with customers direct and all the crap that entails, but in the new climate of austerity, they will increase their foorprint and lowend providers will disappear like the local green grocer, butcher etc....

This discussion has been closed.