Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec dedicated Opteron with 2x2TB and 4x750GB $25/mo in North Carolina - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec dedicated Opteron with 2x2TB and 4x750GB $25/mo in North Carolina

Comments

• @WSS said:

I just saw the -pve kernel. I didn't even look at the panel, because I figured "Who'd run something else under Proxmox?" It's probably actually Webmin. Oops!

It's definitely webmin not proxmox. now go wash out your mouth with soap!

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Falzo said:

@WSS said:

I just saw the -pve kernel. I didn't even look at the panel, because I figured "Who'd run something else under Proxmox?" It's probably actually Webmin. Oops!

It's definitely webmin not proxmox. now go wash out your mouth with soap!

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU INSTALL PROXMOX THEN RUN WEBMIN ON IT!?

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

most likely it's webmin inside an LXC container... which kernel would it show you think?

(or it's just some kind of weird 'i have always used webmin on every machine' kind of fetish thing)

• @Falzo said:
    most likely it's webmin inside an LXC container... which kernel would it show you think?

I really don't know. That's why I asked. LXC is an option, but so is KVM. Why? This is ending up in more questions than answers.

• @WSS said:

This is ending up in more questions than answers.

not neccessarily, Proxmox offers to download and install premade turnkey lxc images, preconfigured for different usecases. if I recall correctly almost all of those come with webmin included to administer the software on this container.
    I am quite sure I could come with a screenshot much alike ;-) ;-)

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited November 2017

It says webmin, that's what I use alongside vestacp, they work great together does everything I need to do..

• @Falzo said:

@WSS said:

not neccessarily, Proxmox offers to download and install premade turnkey lxc images, preconfigured for different usecases. if I recall correctly almost all of those come with webmin included to administer the software on this container.

"If KVM is available, why would you LXC it?"

Your turn.

• @WSS said:

@Falzo said:

@WSS said:

"If KVM is available, why would you LXC it?"

Your turn.

because containers have less overhead and you would not need a full blown OS for everything? I use it to run a mysql server in lxc. I would not want to run it on the server directly nor would I need a fullvirtualized VM with the same debian and systemtools and stuff in it... it doesn't even need an external IP.

but each to their own, if you don't like it, don't use it ;-)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • benj0x said: Which panel is it?

WSS said: Proxmox.

No, it's Webmin on the server that has proxmox. Proxmox is for virtualization and webmin is for server handling (alone, not with virtualmin)

• @jvnadr said:

benj0x said: Which panel is it?

WSS said: Proxmox.

No, it's Webmin on the server that has proxmox. Proxmox is for virtualization and webmin is for server handling (alone, not with virtualmin)

Thanks for joining in several days later!

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • WSS said: Thanks for joining in several days later!

Ha! I am on a business trip and tonight I opened my laptop for some relaxing!

• @jvnadr said:

WSS said: Thanks for joining in several days later!

Ha! I am on a business trip and tonight I opened my laptop for some relaxing!

Try refreshing the front page. It's amazing!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2017

WSS said: Try refreshing the front page. It's amazing!

I have not yet been amazed, but, who knows, maybe I am just soooo tired...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2017

WSS said: WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU INSTALL PROXMOX THEN RUN WEBMIN ON IT!?

...And to answer your question: Webmin is an excellent piece of software for server management with a lot of automation possibilities, monitoring, easiness and close to non overhead. It can be perfectly co-exists on a server with proxmox for other tasks (easy raid and monitor, web interface for tasks and more).
    So, the quicker answer is, why not?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

how to get centos7 working on this...

centos7 didnot detect the network interface (as the drivers of the older cards have been removed from centos7)?

• imokimok Member
    edited December 2017

@agentmishra read the thread

@jon617 said:
    CentOS 7 won't work on this old CPU (some got it to work through bios and boot parameters, I never got it to work) but CentOS 6 and Ubuntu works fine. CPU is enough for file serving & websites. Good luck!

• @imok said:

@jon617 said:
    CentOS 7 won't work on this old CPU (some got it to work through bios and boot parameters, I never got it to work) but CentOS 6 and Ubuntu works fine. CPU is enough for file serving & websites. Good luck!

..or perhaps he can accept FAQs on how to make this work and offer a paid job somewhere in the thread..

edited December 2017

@imok said:

@jon617 said:

my mistake i did not read the complete thread, will do so now

by the way i forogt to mention, i did get centos6 and ubuntu16.04 to work with it

thanks

edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@imok said:

@jon617 said:

..or perhaps he can accept FAQs on how to make this work and offer a paid job somewhere in the thread..

aah sure

lets make a public announcement

you get it done, the way i have written in my comment earlier in this thread and quote, what fortune would you love to receive in return..
    DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU?

or let keep a challenge, CAN YOU?

• @agentmishra Thanks for the challenge, but I've already chosen my charities for the year.

Thanked by 1Kris

@WSS said:
    @agentmishra Thanks for the challenge, but I've already chosen my charities for the year.

if you have this kind of attitude to back down with excuses, you should then think before you comment...

• @agentmishra said:

@WSS said:
    @agentmishra Thanks for the challenge, but I've already chosen my charities for the year.

if you have this kind of attitude to back down with excuses, you should then think before you comment...

You really have a lot to learn. Now read the fucking thread you lazy fuck.

Thanked by 1Aidan

@WSS said:

@agentmishra said:

@WSS said:

You really have a lot to learn. Now read the fucking thread you lazy fuck.

Mind your tongue and what craps you utter off that

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Someone please Photoshop OP face onto Chris-Chan.  I don't care enough to do so.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Hey guys, it's christmas, so fuck you!

Thanked by 2MikePT WSS
  • @Amitz oooh, giving me my Christmas goose early this year!?

• Very, very tempting!

• got one, waiting for delivery. thanks :D

• WSSWSS Member

No problem, Lion-O.