Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 44
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• rokokrokok Member
    edited March 2015

Since when the search changed? its really not good looking http://lowendtalk.com/search?Search=price

total mess with yellow stabilo highlight :/

http://lowendtalk.com/search?Search=adult

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2015

I would suggest that the requesting and offering of outsourced Online.net dedis is banned on the forum.

We've already seen our first spat over it, and there's sure to be more as people can't be trusted to have nice things, so why not stop it all together, might even stop some of the scalpers from grabbing loads just to outsource for profit.

Clearly, deals can still be made via PM between members who trust each other.

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Is there any way to block topics/comments of some set of other users, so that they are not displayed for the users that block them?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Please make the shared offers sink, just like the other offers.

Thanked by 1wych
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    Please make the shared offers sink, just like the other offers.

The plugin has to be updated to do it automagically, until then we set them to sink manually as soon as we "see" them

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just got the error 'Error: could not connect to SMTP host' when trying to flag some scammer's offer. Worked a couple of minutes later.

@Nekki said:
    Just got the error 'Error: could not connect to SMTP host' when trying to flag some scammer's offer. Worked a couple of minutes later.

Cluster error.
    And before all of you go nuts that I wasn't here to shut down that offer thread, yeah, I fell asleep when I got home.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mikho said:
    And before all of you go nuts that I wasn't here to shut down that offer thread, yeah, I fell asleep when I got home.

One man can't police the whole thing, you must be pretty short-handed again with both Lee and Vedran gone.

Maarten's got my number if he wants to temporarily put someone extra on forum cleanup duty again.

@Nekki said:
    Maarten's got my number if he wants to temporarily put someone extra on forum cleanup duty again.

I'll send the message to him.

• You (LET's staff) could consider diversifying the moderators by timezones. I.e. add at least one US based and one Asia-Pacific based.

@rds100 said:
    You (LET's staff) could consider diversifying the moderators by timezones. I.e. add at least one US based and one Asia-Pacific based.

EU and Asia covered, with the strange times Lee and I still were awake we had it most of the day covered.

• @mikho i assume you and the other moderators are human too and have life and don't live just to be online and to moderate... I also assume it gets tiring with time. So some extra hands (and eyes) in different time zones could be heplful.

@rds100 said:
    mikho i assume you and the other moderators are human too and have life and don't live just to be online and to moderate... I also assume it gets tiring with time. So some extra hands (and eyes) in different time zones could be heplful.

not arguing that, the more the merrier.

• LeeLee Veteran

It certainly is a time consuming role.

• Time enough here.. :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@joodle said:
    Time enough here.. :P

Lol

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I'm available to help as well if you need an extra hand folks.

• dosaidosai Member

Is there an IRC channel?

@dosai said:
    Is there an IRC channel?

Yes, we've an IRC Channel @ Freenode

/server irc.freenode.net then /j #Lowendbox

Thanked by 1dosai
  • need to re-visit the signature rules. Some people, not mentioning any names, have 2 line signatures and they do a lot of short posts (a few words) in a lot of threads every day.

really makes threads look shitty and all spammed up.

Thanked by 1cbrace

@JoeMerit said:
    need to re-visit the signature rules. Some people, not mentioning any names, have 2 line signatures and they do a lot of short posts (a few words) in a lot of threads every day.

Flag them and we will take a closer look.

edited April 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    need to re-visit the signature rules. Some people, not mentioning any names, have 2 line signatures and they do a lot of short posts (a few words) in a lot of threads every day.

You mean, me, correct?

235 people in the IRC channel, some of them can confirm that you've accused me of doing so many times, even reporting my posts for not being helpful and spamming my signature. It seems that I'm being a target of you and your friends, a group of trolls that try to destroy others.

If you have anything agains't my posts, report them. But please, when making such public accusations, mention the names. I have a handful of logs here proving that you're referring to me.

Should the Mods consider that I'm spamming my signature (even though the only orderable service in my website is shared hosting and no revenue comes from LET), I'll gladly stop posting. You could also report my posts in WHT, which I believe I've been there longer than you as well.

Also, judging by your posts, it seems that I've helped more people than you have in LET, even though I only started to post in the last week, since I was working for other companies much bigger than most LET companies and those companies wouldn't allow me to help other companies/folks here (Mods can confirm this).

I've reported your post to avoid any further attacks from you. I do not have time for kids. Stop trolling the others and grow up.

Edit, there you go, for the Mods:

http://gyazo.com/9c9a4457a87525e402727976f7c162a4
    http://gyazo.com/87e71ecc05a0a63dad9abf78b29ff3ea
    http://gyazo.com/e816082d354583c1246eca5db84391aa
    http://gyazo.com/08b3e9c7549927fce3913a730c87e28e
    http://gyazo.com/c69bfff75e7565bdf911d254c60962cc

Now, I watch the IRC channel all the time. 90% of your messages aren't serious but trolling or talking sh*t, how do you want us to take you serious? You should be the one to be banned from the IRC community since you contribute nothing useful for it.

Thanked by 1alexnjh

@mikho said:
    Flag them and we will take a closer look.

He's referring to me. I've tried to report his post but it seems that the SMTP server isn't working properly therefore the reports aren't going through. Can you please check?

@MrGeneral said:
    He's referring to me. I've tried to report his post but it seems that the SMTP server isn't working properly therefore the reports aren't going through. Can you please check?

It's there.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

oh no. Someone with a 2 lines (!!!!) signature who is feeling chatty.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Two line sig, eh? Better keep it taciturn, pal.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

FU

Thanked by 2TinyTunnel_Tom 4n0nx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I would like to bring up the suggestion again to ban "Offer/Looking for online.net special offer servers" threads...

Thanked by 2Nekki Darwin
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    I would like to bring up the suggestion again to ban "Offer/Looking for online.net special offer servers" threads...

I agree. These announcement can be done in the Cest Pit if required......?

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @davidgestiondbi said:
    I agree. These announcement can be done in the Cest Pit if required......?

Why not an unlisted category? Is that possible?

This discussion has been closed.