Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 42
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    It is only you, right?

It's only this site and it happens randomly.

• tr1cky said: It's only this site and it happens randomly.

Do you use a browser with plugins enabled?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    Do you use a browser with plugins enabled?

Well, it's only happening here.
    To answer your question:

Chrome with:

• YoWindow (shows current weather)

• CheckerPlus for Gmail (notifies you if new mail came in)

• Premiumize.me Plugin (a plugin to load certain sites like netflix through different server)

• WebServerNotifier (shows the webserver a site uses)

• WebOfTrust Plugin

• CSSViewer

• Adblock Plus (but disabled on LET for a long time)

• Google Cast

• LastPass

• Kaspersky Plugins

• WebRTC Block

• Telegram

• Application Launcher for Drive

• Postman REST client

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Can we not just ban users for not offering promised stuff?

Like Instant "SETUP" and stuff.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Infinity580 said:

If enough people raise issues we could well ban or prevent them from posting offers in the future. For isolated things, not really.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited February 2015

Are multiple accounts allowed? I want to make a new account for my other brand.

EDIT: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/754533/#Comment_754533 seems like 'yes'

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@HostNun said:
    Are multiple accounts allowed? I want to make a new account for my other brand.

EDIT: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/754533/#Comment_754533 seems like 'yes'

@mpkossen said he would reconsider and it still is under consideration. until then, judged depending on reason

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Just bear in mind that two accounts does not mean you can make multiple offers within 14 days for both brands, it's either one or the other.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

I think personally having multiple accounts for each brand is not a good thing.

Say I sign up with brand A but leave because I am not happy with the service in whatever way. Then I sign up instead with Brand B not knowing it's the same people and possibly equipment as Brand B.

Just seems sour that a client does not have transparency over this.

@serverian or @drserver have multiple brands but their member name shows which they are connected to in the offers sections.

• @Infinity580 said:

They dont want CVPS banned tho

• @mikho he said "They always have been and still are" in response to "are LET members allowed to use multiple accounts and pose as different people like that?" This was shortly after he absurdly accused me of being 'Gallaeaho'.

mpkossen said he would reconsider and it still is under consideration. until then, judged depending on reason

I don't understand. If, in his words, people have always been allowed to use multiple accounts, then what is 'still under consideration'?

@Lee said:
    Say I sign up with brand A but leave because I am not happy with the service in whatever way. Then I sign up instead with Brand B not knowing it's the same people and possibly equipment as Brand B.

That's a good point, but I posted the first offer under this account. It wouldn't be very difficult for people to do their research. I only wanted a new account for the sake of organization, not to hide my relation to both brands.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am not saying you are hiding anything, just a point of view. One or two is not hard to keep track of but if we get a lot of people doing this over time then it could easily get messy.

I get the point in wanting to separate brands and there is probably a way to do it whilst ensuring a connection is made between them. Just don't know what that is yet.

• Lee said: I think personally having multiple accounts for each brand is not a good thing.

Honestly I am surprised it is allowed at all.

• LeeLee Veteran

@ChrisMiller said:

No idea of the history behind it to be honest. The only legitimate reason to have multiple accounts would be for different brands but I am still not sure about that.

Don't have a username that corresponds to any brand and you can post on behalf of whatever/whoever you like, if you own 2 or 3 people will soon get to know that as is the case of those multiple brand members already mentioned.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • Would it help to ask providers with multiple accounts to include the brands they own in the signature for each account? Or if possible, add a description field to profiles and users can check a provider's profile for brand connections.

• LeeLee Veteran

It needs to be something we can control, such as a profile field. Let's be honest, all I am thinking of here is the people who will try and run under the rules. Most will be open and honest but some, perhaps many won't.

I am sure there are at least some in here with more than 1 service that we know nothing about.

• LeeLee Veteran

One if not the biggest issue is Vanilla. In comparison to other forum type software it's so restrictive. There are lots of plugins out there but so many holes in them.

• LET should go with the WHT rules on multiple accounts.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php

"You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive, regardless of how many companies you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled."

• @ChrisMiller it seems convenient to have an additional account for a different brand, but maybe there should be conditions. What I wanted to do was use the second account exclusively for posting offers. I don't really see what the problem would be with that.

@HostNun said:
    I don't understand. If, in his words, people have always been allowed to use multiple accounts, then what is 'still under consideration

If it should be allowed or not.
    My stand is No, there is no need for more then one account unless you want to circumvent something. Why not use your current account to post offers since that was ok with you the first time?

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

@HostNun said:
    ChrisMiller it seems convenient to have an additional account for a different brand, but maybe there should be conditions. What I wanted to do was use the second account exclusively for posting offers. I don't really see what the problem would be with that.

Maybe I am way off here but as I see it from a providers point of view, customers are more likely to buy from someone on here they have awareness of. So they may be used to seeing Hostnun about the forum, posting and discussing. There is a confidence in "known" members who make offers.

But if you then post your thoughts and views in a separate account from your offers then you loose that. And perhaps confidence from the buyers. Regulars will get to know you but the majority of visitors to this site are viewers, not members/posters.

I see that a lot around here when members write a review or offer suggestions for providers. They are often "go with provider x because @member is really well known and very helpful".

• So in short it had 'always been allowed' for x days up until yesterday at which point it suddenly no longer was.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@HostNun said:
    So in short it had 'always been allowed' for x days up until yesterday at which point it suddenly no longer was.

No, it had been allowed on a case per case basis. That is where peopled asked rather than tried to avoid detection.

We have a thread you can't see that tracks who is who with multiple accounts as best we can.

However I believe your request to separate accounts for each brand is the first (that I know of) and it is that which has created the debate. An open debate.

At this point all of the mods do not think it is a good idea, favouring the view that a non specific username is the most appropriate solution where someone has multiple brands.

Bottom line, it's now up to @mpkossen

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited February 2015

@Lee said:
    At this point all of the mods do not think it is a good idea, favouring the view that a non specific username is the most appropriate solution where someone has multiple brands.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I wanted the extra account for, because this username is not non specific (and also because I won't be making any new Host Nun offers on this forum). Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Anyone else having random issues with no being able to post from the mobile theme? This happens enough now I've had to switch to the full site on my phone.

@Nekki said:
    Anyone else having random issues with no being able to post from the mobile theme? This happens enough now I've had to switch to the full site on my phone.

Iphone user? Do you also see on some posts when quoting a post and trying to select some parts that the menu shows briefly and then dissapears?
    Not necessary the same post.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mikho said: Iphone user? Do you also see on some posts when quoting a post and trying to select some parts that the menu shows briefly and then dissapears?

iPhone user - yes, iPhone 5 using Safari.

Never experienced the issue you mention though.

same here, will probably switch to Chrome or another browser to test. It happens sometimes that I can't click the Post button unless I wait for the draft to save and then go to full site and post.

• Eww iOS, never had issues with Android C:<

This discussion has been closed.