Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 43
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

@TheLonely said:
    Eww iOS, never had issues with Android C:<

Being in Android is enough of an issue. ;-)

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015

Suggestion: remove the wiki.lowendbox.com Link from the side or fix it

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Somehow my signature disappeared :( This is the second time this has happened, why does it do that?

• Maybe it didn't meet signature guidelines. Please read carefully http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

Signatures may contain only text, with a maximum of two lines, and hyperlinks, with a maximum of three in total. The only HTML you are allowed to use it to make text bold, italic, underlined, to strike something through, or to add a hyperlink. Any other HTML, CSS, images, or other media are not allowed. This includes giving color to text or making it stand out more than normal content.

Having your complete signature underlined, bold, italic, or a combination of those is an example of having a signature 'stand our more than normal content'.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Well the first time I had only text and 2 (I think) ASCII emotes in it. The second time I had 4 links (I think). -> ASCII emotes no gud? ヽ(`Д´)ノ

• wychwych Member

@4n0nx I think it will have been the four links.

• AmitzAmitz Member

My avatar keeps disappearing. Is the cluster having sex again?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited March 2015

wych said: I think it will have been the four links.

Yeh the second time, but what was the problem the first time?

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited March 2015

How about paid account upgrade to allow posting offers more frequently? $100 - $150/month (or more?) to be able to post once every 3-5 days?

I would sign up right now.

• Yeah, there is WHT for this. Also i don't think that more frequent offers would result in more sales.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • wychwych Member

ItsChrisG said: How about paid account upgrade to allow posting offers more frequently?

Please no.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I would like offers banned from LET entirely.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I would like offers banned from LET entirely.

Might as well shut it down then. Really, there is not enough content driven from non offer related posting.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:
    Might as well shut it down then. Really, there is not enough content driven from non offer related posting.

I can live with that outcome.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2015

Lee said: Might as well shut it down then. Really, there is not enough content driven from non offer related posting.

I agree banning offers would be detrimental, but is that really true? A quick count of the first three pages of the forum right now shows that 10 out of 91 threads (11%) are offers. Looking at the total thread count in the Categories box, the proportion is still relatively low: 4,600 out of 26,800 (17%).

I suspect that looking at post count rather than thread count would skew the percentage higher still towards non-offers, because of those 10 offer threads, six have less than five posts (mostly zeroes). Only two have more than 20. None have more than 30.

Over the same few pages there are a ton of non-offer threads with higher double-digit post counts and even quite a few with hundreds of posts. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw an offer thread with over a hundred posts.

That said, I know you likely have/had access to numbers the rest of us don't so maybe my extrapolation about post counts is just way off. If that's the case, could you give us even a general sense of what the Offers post count percentage is really like like?

Thanked by 2vedran perennate
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Dylan, It depends how you look at it. Actual offers posted i.e. in the offers forum are one thing, then you have all the threads for offers not directly posted by the provider such as the recent online.net dedi, dediserve in singapore and so on. A lot of these threads end up in the general section rather than offers or even providers.

Then you have all the threads that turn from a question into an offers thread and so on.

The first couple of pages show what is trending and can change quite a bit day to day.

All depends how far you want to drill down.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I just meant ban providers from posting offers. If a forum member finds and posts one, fair enough. Should be easy enough to spot the shillers/create a rule to prevent shill accounts.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Dylan and @Lee
    Also remember that threads in the offer category is set to sink so they wont show up on the first few pages as old resurrected threads do.
    So the calculation might be a bit off.

• LeeLee Veteran

@mikho said:
    Dylan and Lee
    Also remember that threads in the offer category is set to sink so they wont show up on the first few pages as old resurrected threads do.
    So the calculation might be a bit off.

OMG, can you not read...

Lee said: The first couple of pages show what is trending and can change quite a bit day to day.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Lee said:

OMG, maybe I should go back to touching you instead?!?!?!?

The reply was more a confirmation of what you said and explanation to Dylan that his calculation was wrong.

Jeezes.....

• LeeLee Veteran

mikho said: more a confirmation

Trying to get your post count up more like.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2015

mikho said: OMG, maybe I should go back to touching you instead?!?!?!?

WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO TOUCH ME? I'VE MADE IT CLEAR I'M AVAILABLE.

Thanked by 3Pwner HostNun TriDoxiuM
  • Nekki said: WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO TOUCH ME?

Because everyone thinks that you're girl.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Spirit said: Because everyone thinks that you're girl.

Surely that should help my case rather than hinder it?

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: I'VE MADE IT CLEAR I'M AVAILABLE

Girls don't exist on the internet, true story.

• Nekki said: Surely that should help my case...?

Not here, bro.

• DylanDylan Member

@Lee said:
    The first couple of pages show what is trending and can change quite a bit day to day.

Right, that's why I looked at the total thread count in the Categories box too.

@Nekki said:
    I just meant ban providers from posting offers. If a forum member finds and posts one, fair enough. Should be easy enough to spot the shillers/create a rule to prevent shill accounts.

Yeah, I figured this is what you meant. Banning providers from directly offering would be one thing; banning everyone from posting any found deals or recommendations entirely would just be nuts.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • LeeLee Veteran

Dylan said: would just be nuts

You say that like it's out of place on here.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2015

@Lee said:
    You say that like it's out of place on here.

Yeahhh, but Nekki is only mostly nuts. There's a big difference between mostly nuts and all nuts. Mostly nuts is slightly sane.

This discussion has been closed.