Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 41
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Tom and Kcaj are suspended until such times we allow them back. This has been agreed between mods/admins after discussion.

The intention here was deliberate and to ridicule or cause harm to the service, makes no difference who the provider is or what you think about them. That kind of thing is not acceptable.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Tom and Kcaj are suspended until such times we allow them back. This has been agreed between mods/admins after discussion.

For posting screenshots of mtw's WHMCS?

The intention here was deliberate and to ridicule or cause harm to the service, makes no difference who the provider is or what you think about them. That kind of thing is not acceptable.

If there's a security issue with a host, posting those screenshots is an important white-hat service to the community. Why would it be wrong to ridicule or cause harm to a service that is genuinely crap, especially if it is dangerous to its customers and breaking laws?

Is banning kcaj and tom some form of compensation of the LET/CC staff?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@trvz, I am not going to get into discussing this, anyone directly involved is welcome to get in touch with me if required. For everyone else, keep it on IRC.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • trvz said: For posting screenshots of mtw's WHMCS?

Doesn't sound like that was all they did.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • From what I understand it seems like @TinyTunnel_Tom was the one who Matthew gave WHMCS access to, who then in turn passed it on to @kcaj and possibly others as well.

• Also not really nice to do that to a guy who has some other issues. An excuse would be appropriate.

That behavior was just poor.

Thanked by 2Shoaib_A Traffic
  • How the hell do you make formatting on LET fucking decent? Why does is it either double line spaces or no line spaces?

• @linuxthefisb Maybe you could use a br tag.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:
    How the hell do you make formatting on LET fucking decent? Why does is it either double line spaces or no line spaces?

Double space at the end. Then enter for new row. Or br tag. :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

• Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @mikho said:
    Double space at the end. Then enter for new row. Or br tag. :)

Thank
    You!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Suggestion: Please make the Cest Pit an announcement.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited February 2015

@Radi said:
    Suggestion: Please make the Cest Pit an announcement.

Why? It pops up in the feed anyways when someone comments on it. And we already have it on the sidebar of the index page. That seems to have disappeared.

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • Suggestion: Make the feature, that each user's signature is added to message only once per topic (discussion) (to the first message only). It's required to prevent full of spam messages. People flood in topics just to show it's signature (with links to their services or something like this).

• @Profforg said:
    Suggestion: Make the feature, that each user's signature is added to message only once per topic (discussion) (to the first message only). It's required to prevent full of spam messages. People flood in topics just to show it's signature (with links to their services or something like this).

@0xdragon it's about you

• @alexvolk said:
    0xdragon it's about you

Lolwat. Seriously, I do not have that big of a signature..

• @Profforg said:
    Suggestion: Make the feature, that each user's signature is added to message only once per topic (discussion) (to the first message only). It's required to prevent full of spam messages. People flood in topics just to show it's signature (with links to their services or something like this).

What, your kidding right...

I think LET has bigger problems than how often a signature appears.

You can also just disable signatures yourself...

Signature Settings > Settings > Hide signatures always

@0xdragon said:

I think yours is one of the smallest sig's I have seen, compared to the three liners in bold.

Thanked by 20xdragon Pwner
  • More SMTP errors when trying to flag posts again.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mikho said: We have all noticed the owners interest of this site. If the site loads and the ad money comes in, it's good enough for the users.

Seems to be fixed now :)

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:

People just want to whine about something.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@mpkossen: two things when using mobile (Android Google Chrome):

• the "Thanks" link is visible, but the "Flag" link is not available (not visible)

• signatures are not visible (I have the "block signatures when on mobile" option turned OFF (unchecked) in my profile)

While many people here have a "thing" for signatures, I find them indispensable, letting me know who is who when commenting. I miss that when on my mobile.

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • @aglodek said:
    mpkossen: two things when using mobile (Android Google Chrome):

• the "Thanks" link is visible, but the "Flag" link is not available (not visible)

• signatures are not visible (I have the signatures block when on mobile turned OFF (unchecked) in my profile)

While many people here have a "thing" for signatures, I find them indispensable, letting me know who is who when commenting. I miss that when on my mobile.

I think we'd all like mobile flagging, but mobile sigs are an epic fail for your fellow man. Don't be shellfish.

• @Nekki said: I think we'd all like mobile flagging, but mobile sigs are an epic fail for your fellow man. Don't be shellfish.

In case you're not aware, there's a very useful option in Profile Settings, allowing you to turn sigs off when on a mobile. I for one, prefer to leave them on. Feel free to turn them off in your profile. Problem is, this setting seems to be set to "off" permanently, i.e. doesn't work!

• @aglodek said:
    In case you're not aware, there's a very useful option in Profile Settings, allowing you to turn sigs off when on a mobile. I for one, prefer to leave them on. Feel free to turn them off in your profile. Problem is, this setting seems to be set to "off" permanently, i.e. doesn't work!

I was not aware there was a setting that I have never needed to use and does not work, thanks for pointing it out so I can not use it going forwards.

Thanked by 1wych
  • @Nekki said:
    I think we'd all like mobile flagging,

+1

• Still randomly downloading gzip files instead of loading a page on LET, but I guess nobody cares:

• @tr1cky said:
    Still randomly downloading gzip files instead of loading a page on LET, but I guess nobody cares:

It is only you, right?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:
    Still randomly downloading gzip files instead of loading a page on LET, but I guess nobody cares:

Never seen that behaviour from my end.
    Could it be that the cloudflare server that is proxying you is to blame?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited February 2015

@mikho said:
    Could it be that the cloudflare server that is proxying you is to blame?

I think CloudFlare's been disabled for a while. Looks like LET's just using them for DNS now.

• @tr1cky said:

I haven't had that problem.

This discussion has been closed.