Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 38
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @4n0nx said:

Huh, actually, that's a good idea.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
    Still broke....

coming up to 1 month to update a URL.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    coming up to 1 month to update a URL.

We have all noticed the owners interest of this site. If the site loads and the ad money comes in, it's good enough for the users.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • 0xdragon said: Hire more moderators. Seriously.

Why? I'm not saying you are right or wrong, I just want to know why do you think this site needs more moderators.

• In a domain thread, it was said that some mod edited the op and wrote:

BIN: $7 < that should teach you to read our rules

Is there a rule against BIN > $7?

From what I read and understand there is only a start and reserve price rule. I couldn't find a rule stating that bin should be less than or equal to $7. (Sorry if there is and I'm blind)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2014

You're not blind. There's most likely some misunderstanding on our side and you're right. I will restore original content and note staff member.

Auction Start/Reserve (minimal) price can not be set above $7 and domain owner should respect that. But if someone wants it so badly and is willing to skip auction with "buy it now" (BIN) that's allowed.

Thanked by 2comXyz mpkossen
  • @Spirit said:
    You're not blind. There's most likely some misunderstanding on our side and you're right. I will restore original content and note staff member.

Auction Start/Reserve (minimal) price can not be set above $7 and domain owner should respect that. But if someone wants it so badly and is willing to skip auction with "buy it now" (BIN) that's allowed.

Yeah, I don't see how a buy-it-now is an issue; but the OP should set the BIN in the OP before hand, otherwise; there are people that have already bid on the item that would be affronted if their bids were invalidated by a later BIN request.

Others should have a right to match the BIN if they wish to continue on that auction (prior to closing dates, etc) as long as no BIN was stated in the OP (i.e: a pre-defined BIN.)

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2014

GoodHosting said: but the OP should set the BIN in the OP before hand

That's how it always was at LET.

(edit: I actually remember one exception not so long ago when bidders, regular members, requested BIN in the middle of auction and everything went through smoothly so we didn't intervene, but that's not common practise and like you said, all auction terms should be set up before hand)

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @Spirit said:

So it's one of those "don't be a dick, use common sense" things, I'm happy with that.

Thanked by 2Spirit comXyz
  • @Darwin You're right, no rules about BIN price.

Start bidding price and reverse price should not >$7, not BIN

• Flag plugin is broken @mpkossen @jbiloh.

• can someone help me please. how can i delete my own created discussion?

• ashes_123 said: can someone help me please. how can i delete my own created discussion?

You can't, you need to ask a moderator to do it, although from I can see, both your discussions were removed for not complying with the forum rules already.

• This should be resolved shortly after both hardware and software updates.

@0xdragon said:
    Hire more moderators. Seriously.

It's good to find good moderators and the ones I have in mind probably don't want to.

• @Spirit said:

Sorry, I think this was my bad.

Thanked by 1Darwin

@mpkossen said:
    It's good to find good moderators and the ones I have in mind probably don't want to.

Ask, you never know what they will answer. :)

• Yes :0 ask me already

• mpkossen said: It's good to find good moderators and the ones I have in mind probably don't want to.

Give up the list man!

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2015

I sense a disturbance in The Cluster. Perhaps time mismatch?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • rds100 said: I sense a disturbance in The Cluster. Perhaps time mismatch?

I get the post time mismatch thing all the time. :0

edited January 2015

I also get a mismatch between avatars/gravatar.

Latest was mpkossen as thread starter and BharatB avatar. Honestly it freaked me out.

http://i.imgur.com/lRgc5Lw.png

• Suggestion: Ability to ignore users.

Thanked by 2wych qrwteyrutiyoup
  • @MikHo said:
    I also get a mismatch between avatars/gravatar.

Latest was mpkossen as thread starter and BharatB avatar. Honestly it freaked me out.

http://i.imgur.com/lRgc5Lw.png

SEEMS LEGIT! ;)

@0xdragon said:
    SEEMS LEGIT! ;)

Now we know that all users has a little bit of @mpkossen in them. :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @MikHo said:

Or a little bit of every user has been taken by @mpkossen... dun dun dunnnn

Don't worry, it's just your soul ;) you don't need it anyway. I think?

• Cluster seems to be ordering posts incorrectly today, for the last 4 hours or so.

Is that what you saw @rds100?

• @wych exactly. Probably some servers in The Cluster have desynced clocks.

• Why am getting an email when someone reply in the topic that i have written? This happens since today.

This discussion has been closed.