Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 36
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• LowEndBox showing 552 error: 17dd5a12e895134d

Been down for days for me, LET seems to have stabled out, had a few issues with comments yesterday.

• I'm also Australian and I am pretty good with grabbing those rule breakers :)

Mobile flag would be excellent!

• Is it possible to change your username? I am looking to get into the VPS hosting business, for a niche that (as far as I know) is not served by anyone. I tried editing my profile, but it does not allow you to edit your username. I would like to change it to my business name once I am closer to open up shop.

Thanks!
    -Justin L. Franks

• WhichGunDotCom said: Is it possible to change your username?

That's not feedback and suggestion ;-) Just PM me with required username and it will be done.

• Been getting CF errors again this morning 522 IIRC.

• Another error...

• You must be logged in to search.

But I was?

• It looks like the search function allows a wildcard, I'd suggest disabling that as searching for % on page xxxx could be pretty expensive for your server.

• Same with underscores. I think that implies you're running MySQL and text columns which aren't too efficient.

Seems like that could be related to the attacks and error codes you've been producing on the search page.

• had another series of 522 errors a few moments ago.

• And another set of 522's - I think CF hates me.

• Replicated

Ray ID: 184d1b9e262d1353

• Add to rules that affiliate links are not allowed in posts, only signatures and offers.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @0xdragon said:
    Add to rules that affiliate links are not allowed in posts, only signatures and offers.

Why do people hate affiliate links so much?

• wych said: Why do people hate affiliate links so much?

Not really hate, but affiliate links in post might be the reason people post crap only to show their affiliate link.

To be fair, most of LET member have links in their signature to promote their service or websites, and yes some of us post crap to promote ourselves :)

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited November 2014

@wych said:
    Why do people hate affiliate links so much?

It's not really the link, it's the tactic used for posting it. Most people will present you with a hyperlink for a service from a company and if you check the URL, you'll find it contains an affiliate link. What "grinds my gears" is the whole masked affiliate linking part. If they just post and let people know it's an affiliate link, I'd gladly sign up using their link. But if they try to sneak it in, I'll just bypass the affiliation part because they're sneaking in the links. To me, it feels like being taken advantage of.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • Hey, notifications of being quoted are broken :( I didn't receive anything in the cest pit or here that would've told me I'd been quoted.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Can we have a confirm prompt on the thanks button on mobile devices. My fat thumbs keep hitting thanks by mistake.

• We need a tagging system that works. Right now we have all of these random tags that are impossible to use.

• @0xdragon said:
    Hey, notifications of being quoted are broken :( I didn't receive anything in the cest pit or here that would've told me I'd been quoted.

I noticed this too, it happens randomly for me.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have noticed in the last few months LET takes about 7 seconds to actually load fully, the bulk of the content displays fine but the page itself takes a long time to finish loading.

This is annoying because if you have notifications the js does not work for about 7 seconds and just takes you to your notifications page instead of showing you your notifications in the preview box.

opened the javascript console in chrome and the issue seems to be related to the 2nd GET request:

GET http://lowendtalk.com/uploads/userpics/159/n0TE7Q3HZ3HHT.png 404 (OK) (index):284
    GET http://p.twitter.com/f.gif?_=1371780736165&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&scre…A%2F%2Flowendtalk.com%2F&twttr_widget=0&twttr_hask=0&twttr_li=0&twttr_pid= net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED follow_button.1371247185.html:1
    'HTMLHeadElement.profile' is deprecated. The reflected attribute has no effect. 

If someone could fix that it would probably reduce load, reduce load times which in turn helps your google like you :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Suggestion for the rules on offer posting, if anyone has a failed or abandoned company in their past then no yearly offers are allowed on any further companies until they have been in business for a year.

Also companies under a year old should not be able to post yearly offers at all until they have been trading for 6 months.

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited November 2014

Anything new regarding the ability to at least login over https/ssl?

• On LEB could I suggest that when you submit a offer request you get the ability to see the post before it goes live? I realized after seeing our own one live that there were some minor things that were inaccurate and could have been avoided if we saw it first? Just an idea that I think would just help ensure that the information is more accurate in general for any providers.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

edit: nevermind, misread LEB vs LET.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    On LEB could I suggest that when you submit a offer request you get the ability to see the post before it goes live? I realized after seeing our own one live that there were some minor things that were inaccurate and could have been avoided if we saw it first? Just an idea that I think would just help ensure that the information is more accurate in general for any providers.

The quality of the post usually reflects the quality of the ticket. There's hardly ever been anything wrong with a post coming from a quality ticket (aside from me having been sleepy on a number of occasions). If the ticket lacks some information, is unclear, or contains items with a too high price, stuff goes "wrong".

• AnthonySmith said: Also companies under a year old should not be able to post yearly offers at all until they have been trading for 6 months.

We've discussed this in the past and have come to a conclusion that the $15/year line we drew was acceptable. Allowing this allows younger providers to meet popular demand, so it kind of benefits both the provider and the customer, while limiting the risk.

• @mpkossen said:
    The quality of the post usually reflects the quality of the ticket. There's hardly ever been anything wrong with a post coming from a quality ticket (aside from me having been sleepy on a number of occasions). If the ticket lacks some information, is unclear, or contains items with a too high price, stuff goes "wrong".

Fair enough. Was just an idea to make sure there were no mistakes in general. I cant say as I know how regular / often mistakes are made, this has been the first time submitting to LEB but it did surprise me that we didnt get some sort of "preview" just to make sure we included everything we wanted included.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Sorry for the delayed response on this but we will get this fixed Monday or Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.