Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review

Comments

• @Aluminat said:

If you are on vel8, I thought you should get a lower price because people on this node order through "Easter deal" mega thread with a promo code or longer cycle bill.

Both of them are cheap but with recent event (power outage, fsck disk), it's unacceptable for cociu even with lowend VPS.

Unfortunately, that's the price for me. And this is my 2nd month with him. I register this account just to ask him a question before I bought my vps. But sadly, it's not went smoothly for me. After that shrink accident, now this fsck. I guess I'll just give up even though he promised a 3 months compensation (which I still don't get it by now)

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited June 2017

Redpoint said: . I guess I'll just give up even though he promised a 3 months compensation

If your data much more important, I'd suggest you move to another provider (even with time4vps).

Otherwise, you should open ticket and ask him move your VPS to another if possible.

• RedpointRedpoint Member
    edited June 2017

@Aluminat said:

If your data much more important, I'd suggest you move to another provider (even with time4vps).

Otherwise, you should open ticket and ask him move your VPS to another if possible.

Yeah. I've sign up with time4vps and start to re-backup my datas. I guess I'm good now

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • If there are two failures a month, a fault to deal with a week, compensation for a year are useless.

• quickquick Member

@jiajieit said:
    If there are two failures a month, a fault to deal with a week, compensation for a year are useless.

Why? Because you lost your millions on a 4€/month vps?

Thanked by 1willie
  • @jiajieit said:
    If there are two failures a month, a fault to deal with a week, compensation for a year are useless.

Well, then if it's affected you, ask for the refund option + move elsewhere. The compensation is by default what the provider is offering for those affected, but that doesn't mean it's the option you have to take.

(removed @ from cociu's message to try and not distract him from fixing servers)

cociu said:
    If anyone want refound , please open a tiket and i am glad to make it (also please allow me 24-48 hours to make this) , the others users who prefere stay i ca guarantee a hight quality in 1 week (time what will need to put all in condition) also we have send a short newsletter and we will compensate with +3 month for free to all users who will stay for all this problems(users who have been in vel7 and vel8 only).

• cociucociu Member

I hope some of you understand is not about price/quality , we made a offer in eastern in a special price , this not meen we threat this clients less... Also yes i have faild but ... definetly we will talk after some month of storage plans from hostsolutions.ro , i just buy some new hdd and definetly will came a new offer in storage after we will past this nightmare. Also was our first offer so yes was some erros there wich will not repeat.

Sorry to not be more active here but we are focused in put the vms online.

• a3Brena3Bren Member
    Any one on vel6 disk space shrinking?

)

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 582G 161G 48G 78% /
    none 512M 4.0K 512M 1% /dev
    none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    none 103M 72K 103M 1% /run
    none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm
    none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

• cociucociu Member

a3Bren said: Any one on vel6 disk space shrinking?

)

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 582G 161G 48G 78% / none 512M 4.0K 512M 1% /dev none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup none 103M 72K 103M 1% /run none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

you will have all this 2 days more.

Thanked by 1a3Bren
  • How do you guys even know what node you're on?

• cociucociu Member

teamacc said: How do you guys even know what node you're on?

if your vm is down you are in vel7 or vel8

• @a3Bren said:
    Any one on vel6 disk space shrinking?

)

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 582G 161G 48G 78% /
    none 512M 4.0K 512M 1% /dev
    none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    none 103M 72K 103M 1% /run
    none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm
    none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

Happening to me too, but IDC for now as I just have it idling currently.

• a3Brena3Bren Member

@teamacc said:
    How do you guys even know what node you're on?

VPS Management > NoVNC Console and you will find your node in url.

• quickquick Member

what is vel

• If Delimiter was still here, there would be tons of refugee offers posted already ;)

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Someone said:

@Nekki said:

didtav said: OP's ticket had been ignored for weeks. it seems like indeed because you are admin of LTE.

Nah. @Cociu helps me out with stuff all the time and I'm the polar opposite of an admin at LET.

Meh. Still a difference between you and a new LET member mh?

Not really. I got my first hostsolutions VPS after a request that many providers considered insane (because they abhor even a minimal amount of flexibility. They want to sell their canned VPS, period).
    @cociu made me an attractive offer for my "custom" VPS and I still have it.

Another positive example is @alphavps. I loved their dedi special but wanted some detail changed. They did it.

I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that in the eastern european countries they are still used to actually move their ass for customers while in the richer western european countries (and the us of a) they all try to go for big by selling canned products only.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

bsdguy said: I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that in the eastern european countries they are still used to actually move their ass for customers while in the richer western european countries (and the us of a) they all try to go for big by selling canned products only.

I somehow have completely opposite experience with Easter Europe market.

Customer Service tends to be non-existent usually, in my personal experience.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: I've always seen myself as a customer of the industry first and everything else second. As a customer, I greatly appreciate him.

I didn't have a bad experience, but

• after reading these threads, I realized if I ever needed support, it would likely be nonexistent

• still no modern templates. I think the latest they have is Deb 7.

In the end, price was cheap, but...there are lots of providers in his particular stretch of ocean. Maybe again in the future.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Clouvider said:

bsdguy said: I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that in the eastern european countries they are still used to actually move their ass for customers while in the richer western european countries (and the us of a) they all try to go for big by selling canned products only.

I somehow have completely opposite experience with Easter Europe market.

Customer Service tends to be non-existent usually, in my personal experience.

Maybe I was just luckier than you. Clearly what I wrote reflects my personal subjective experiences.

@raindog308 said:
    I didn't have a bad experience, but

• after reading these threads, I realized if I ever needed support, it would likely be nonexistent

I'm somewhat surprised that an experienced mod doesn't know better.

If you create a thread "provider abc is great!" you will be mistaken as a fanboy or a payed shill. If, however, you create a thread "provider abc is shitty!" you will get anything between "no, he's good; you just smear abc" and "I always knew that abc is shitty". Short, it will have some traction.

You can observe that with me. I'm calling @cocius recent action stupid, I'm publicly criticizing him, hostsolutions achieved just a rank in the middle of my cheap VPS test - yet there are always some who accuse me of being blindly pro hostsolutions.

I have been with hostsolutions now for years. Would I recommend them as a tier 1 high end provider? Certainly not. But neither is their support shitty. Granted, I didn't need a lot of support but whenever I opened a ticket I got a response rather quickly (in between 10 min. and a night, i.e. early morning next day).

But there is more to it: What I got in support was tangible, actionable, and related to my situation. Sometimes a second step was needed but I never got a stupid canned response. That is important.
    There are quite some providers who have brainless support drones under order to react quickly - and they do but their responses are brainless and often unrelated to the problem. But those companies can say that they offer blindingly fast support, no matter how worthless it is.

bsdguy said: I'm somewhat surprised that an experienced mod doesn't know better.

I'm just going off what I read here as far as support.

Honestly, for me, the only attraction of HS was that they were seedbox-friendly. But that's not a huge differentiator today.

I don't hate HS or anything. I hope @cociu is successful and maybe someday I'll come back. I'm sure there will more more offers...

• NANONANO Member

Hi.

I just want to report that I bought storage vps service from cocio on May 31. Today June 13 Im still waiting for the service to be up... cociu offered me a refund but I want to wait some little more, Im interested in the service. Bad things, no messages about my service, NEVER. No one send me some message telling me that hostsolutions.ro cant provide the service purchased, after a few days I sent a ticket and the reply was "please wait 2-3 days" and your service will be up. Well, nothing after 2 weeks right now. Cociu reply to my messages on LET so that is fine, he told me about troubles with fsck...

Im not really happy with what is going on, but as I said I will have some more faith and wait.

Im looking for more providers with cheap storage vps with torrent friendly, any recommendations would be great!

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @NANO Technically it should be possible for @cociu to set you up on a different node if you are a new customer. I would have thought the ones that need to wait are those already on vel7 or vel8 and have their data already on these servers waiting to be fsck'ed.

• NANONANO Member

@wwabbit said:
    @NANO Technically it should be possible for @cociu to set you up on a different node if you are a new customer. I would have thought the ones that need to wait are those already on vel7 or vel8 and have their data already on these servers waiting to be fsck'ed.
    @wwabbit said:
    @NANO Technically it should be possible for @cociu to set you up on a different node if you are a new customer. I would have thought the ones that need to wait are those already on vel7 or vel8 and have their data already on these servers waiting to be fsck'ed.

I thought exactly the same, and asked to create my vps in a server already working, he reply that he will do that but I have to wait because they are processing the orders... and I have to wait for my turn... well, what can I say... :sconf

@NANO that is ridiculous. 2 weeks after you pay for a vps and you're still waiting for it to be provisioned?

• NANONANO Member

@raindog308 said:
    @NANO that is ridiculous. 2 weeks after you pay for a vps and you're still waiting for it to be provisioned?

Exactly... :(

• quickquick Member

@raindog308 said:

Well, a refund was offered but he picked the other option.. so nothing ridiculous for me

• @quick said:
    Well, a refund was offered but he picked the other option.. so nothing ridiculous for me

You missed the part where he had to contact them himself to be told that?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@PremiumN said:

@quick said:

You missed the part where he had to contact them himself to be told that?

Oh no he had to make a whole ticket, what ever will he do? :'(

edited June 2017

Yeah @quick you're right...it's a little confused.

May 31 - ordered service

June 3? ("after a few days") - opened ticket, was told to wait 2-3 days

June 13 - still waiting

I don't know where the refund offer is in that timeline.

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

So its a new vps and you're still waiting for set up ?
    I wonder why they are then not listed as out of stock on the website?

This discussion has been closed.