Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I must admit I was not aware of those and thank you for the additional examples... I am actually concerned about LETers getting good service but I don't think this is my fight any longer.. I am hoping that bad service will result in the rejection of the provider status to encourage better service... if that will work is yet to be seen

@William said:

risharde said: He constantly comes on to give attitude and then finally apologises afterwards... no ban.. no consequence whatsoever.. absolutely makes me wonder how that is even possible...

You clearly have not seen others, compared to the Hetzner reseller scammer, the Dutch hardware and now VPS scammer (still unbanned i think, while inactive/ran now tho) and so on that here is not really anything...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

William said: You have an interesting paypal account - i cannot refund any transaction while disputed, and neither was i able to at edis times.

You can do by calling paypal team ? I have a few times . I think api refund is supported too with whmcs

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2017

@cociu said:
    @Yura and you are ? ....

Oh, fuck you. Really - Only children say that.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Amitz said:

@cociu said:
    @Yura and you are ? ....

Oh, fuck you.

Oh dis gonna be good.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@William said:

AnthonySmith said: For the record, refunding a transaction from the host's side automatically closes a dispute.

You have an interesting paypal account - i cannot refund any transaction while disputed, and neither was i able to at edis times.

IIRC in some (all?) disputes you have an option to agree with it and refund the money (but it hits your ratio anyway). This option is only available before submitting any evidence etc

Thanked by 1varunchopra
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@risharde said: I am very concerned and confused about this whole scene that played out. Why does cocui get so much grace from LET? His communication is terrible even if this is a language barrier...

As @William has already pointed out, this incident isn't strictly comparable to other incidents of scamming and deception that LET has experienced. @cociu has acknowledged the error and apologized. It doesn't seem that he's systematically trying to cheat customers. (This may be a charitable interpretation, but I'd prefer to give @cociu the benefit of the doubt.)

As I've said before, I think that @cociu shot himself multiple times in the foot with those (post-)Easter offers. The offers were premature: they were made before the infrastructure to support them was properly in place and tested. And a lot of problems arose as a result: network issues, shrinking disks, renegade nodes, unanswered tickets, lack of timely communication, etc. It's clear that @cociu has to improve in all of these areas, especially with respect to tickets and timely communication.

The OP's complaint shows -- not for the first time, unfortunately -- that opening a thread on LET about HostSolutions can work whereas opening a ticket does not, which is not how it should be.

• a3Brena3Bren Member

Now it is down. Not easy day for cociu.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

William said: You have an interesting paypal account - i cannot refund any transaction while disputed, and neither was i able to at edis times.

I guess so, it's a fact though, I just hit refund in WHMCS, then get an email seconds later saying thanks for resolving dispute xyz.

I have a business VIP account.

• @a3Bren said:
    Now it is down. Not easy day for cociu.

Main site is down and my vps too

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ScienceOnline said: Main site is down and my vps too

#pray4cociu

• zhangsyzhangsy Member
    edited June 2017

now the vps and main website are all down ....

• i would join in with the bashing but reality is i have 2 servers with him

• LeonnLeonn Member

Nekki said: #pray4cociu

pray4cociu

I also have one 1TB vps with him. Hope he can get over from the hard time.

• fingonfingon Member

my VPS is offline now :-/

• I had two sites in that vps, I moved somewhere else

• LeonnLeonn Member

@fingon said:

@ScienceOnline said:
    I had two sites in that vps, I moved somewhere else

mine is recovered now, we need to click the start vps in the control panel manually...

• Finger cross for the last month, I will be with him.

I will move out in the next month.

• this is some next level train wreck...

• fingonfingon Member
    edited June 2017

@Leonn said:

@fingon said:

@ScienceOnline said:
    I had two sites in that vps, I moved somewhere else

mine is recovered now, we need to click the start vps in the control panel manually...

Yes, seems we are in the same node.
    I have a 1tb storage vps, but it shows that I have only 30% space left as I'm just using 316GB=70% now lol.

• LeonnLeonn Member

@fingon mine is all right and I am satisfied with @cociu 's services without this suddenly half an hour down time

• Back online, VPS was down so I'm guessing power issue not network issue

• fingonfingon Member
    edited June 2017

@Leonn said:
    @fingon mine is all right and I am satisfied with @cociu 's services without this suddenly half an hour down time

He said that he will solve my problem in next 24 hours 2 times (2nd and 6th June) but now the problem still there.
    I'm still waiting :-/

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Yura said:
    Still not banned? Still has provider tag? No responsibility whatsoever. I saw members banned for much less than what were proven in this thread alone.

What exacly was proven in this thread? We don't see the full ticket here, but this is what we see:
    May 2: lookt at my VPS.
    4 minutes later: Please refund my 4GB and my 1GB VPS.
    May 5: My 1GB VPS was refunded, but 4GB not yet.
    May 8: OP opens a dispute. May 5 was Friday btw
    May 13: Host asks them to close the dispute and promises to refund.
    May 29: OP says dispute is closed. We don't know when exactly, somewhere between May 13 and May 29.
    OP bumps ticket and since there is still no reply complains here.

If we are going to start banning people for crappy support and slow ticket reply times, I guess we can start with CC as they get threads like this all the time. There is a new one today.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

AnthonySmith said: I guess so, it's a fact though, I just hit refund in WHMCS, then get an email seconds later saying thanks for resolving dispute xyz.

Same here, I wasn't aware that anyone couldn't. Could be different based on the country I suppose.

risharde said: no ban.. no consequence whatsoever..

Right now I just don't see anything that requires our intervention. Honestly half the time I can't even tell if @cociu is being friendly or an asshole in these threads, but he's been exceptionally friendly to me and speaks far more clearly in private. It's like he speaks a different language in these threads and I find it painful to try to read them ;)

There's so much broken english in this thread I'd rather play call of duty sober than read it.

Thanked by 2risharde MikePT

jarland said: Right now I just don't see anything that requires our intervention.

This is the second time he has been proven to ignore a request for a refund, then when a dispute is opened he tells the customer to close it and he will refund them, then he ignores them and does not refund them.

So, not providing the service, ok he is having issues, but never the less customers are entitled to request a refund when they are getting a significantly different version of what they paid for.

Customers requests are then being ignored for a week+

Customer opens a paypal dispute (not a claim).

The host then decides to spend some time on the customer, however, he lies, he says that he must close the dispute in order to refund him, that is just not how it works at the dispute stage, we all know that.

The customer falls for the trick, removing his ability to put in a future claim, the host then ignores the requests and does not provide a refund for almost a month.

That is making gains through deception, the only reason the OP got a refund was that it was made public even then it took long enough.

AnthonySmith said: This is the second time he has been proven to ignore a request for a refund, then when a dispute is opened he tells the customer to close it and he will refund them, then he ignores them and does not refund them.

Has it been proven though? All I see is that the customer asked for it and hasn't received a response yet. The rest just seems to be conjecture to me right now, though admittedly I can't read half of the posts in this thread.

@jarland I suppose if you accept that it is possible to ignore a ticket for 27 days and not even look at it then you could say "yep he just never got around to it"

I personally don't see a situation whereby I don't look at a ticket for 27 days especially after agreeing on a specific action.

There is also the post of the ticket where the host specifically told the end user to close the dispute as it prevents them from doing a refund.

Thanked by 2kalimov622 Ympker

@AnthonySmith said:
    @jarland I suppose if you accept that it is possible to ignore a ticket for 27 days and not even look at it then you could say "yep he just never got around to it"

I personally don't see a situation whereby I don't look at a ticket for 27 days especially after agreeing on a specific action.

There is also the post of the ticket where the host specifically told the end user to close the dispute as it prevents them from doing a refund.

That's not what I'm seeing. Customer informed him that dispute was dropped on the 29th of last month, it's only the 11th now. It's really his choice if he wants the dispute dropped before he refunds, and I can understand a billing matter being low priority when he's having larger issues at the time.

Either everyone is seeing something I'm not or people are trusting whoever is saying something that fits their view of what is likely, and frankly I'm just not able to interpret the back and forth because I can only comprehend the words used by one side, and proof doesn't appear to exist here to nearly the same degree as accusation.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • once admin made decision no one can change his mind :)

if this is from user, he/she'll get banned or thread closed.

@sibaper said:
    once admin made decision no one can change his mind :)

Not true at all, and others can come in behind me and decide to take action where I do not. They are empowered to do so.

This discussion has been closed.