Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

@jarland my apologies, I have just gone back over it and re-read it, I was working on the incorrect fact that the dispute was closed when the host requested it (still not right imo).

I see now that the OP actually just waited for the dispute to close, so it is only 2 weeks the host ignored it not a month.

Still not great but it fits the time line of all the issues they have had, none of that takes away from what I perceive as deception by the host in suggesting their hands are tied until the OP closes the dispute which is simply not true.

This is the second time something like this has been made public, iirc the 'do you have a sister' thread was the last time they got called out publicly for this.

Edit: they did find time to be active here and post new offers during that period.

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2017

@jarland said:
    Honestly half the time I can't even tell if @cociu is being friendly or an asshole in these threads, but he's been exceptionally friendly to me and speaks far more clearly in private. It's like he speaks a different language in these threads and I find it painful to try to read them ;)

Yes. Well noted, Jarland. It's very telling how differently @cociu treats different groups of clients and situations based on what he can get away with and what impact it does on his bottom line. He ignores tickets, doesn't give refunds when agreed to and routinely calls dissatisfied customers abusers. There is a very different @cociu approach to moderators and long standing members - befriending, very heavily discounted services, even coherent English. Same goes with his own ticketing system vs forum - weeks with no replies after deception but instant response here. It's not only unprofessional but revealing his underhanded tactics, in my opinion.

Thank you to @AnthonySmith for distilling this thread into coherent timeline.

• didtavdidtav Member

Lol, maybe in the future can add rules to must write in proper English, otherwise banned.

:v

Thanked by 1boernd
  • @jarland I'll tell you in broken english, you'll see more and more thread opened by disappointed customer of hostsolutions.ro

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ScienceOnline said:
    @jarland I'll tell you in broken english, you'll see more and more thread opened by disappointed customer of hostsolutions.ro

That may be. Wouldn't be the first host here to get a bad reputation, deserved or otherwise.

• blackblack Member

I think cociu had a slew of problems when he sold the storage VPSes. Some major issues with a few nodes that apparently a lot of LET users are on and network congestion. I'd say give him sometime to fix things so they can go back to normal operation. Let the ticket queue drop to manageable levels.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith vmhaus
  • Do you need reminding the deal was 2 months ago

Thanked by 1Yura
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@didtav said:
    Lol, maybe in the future can add rules to must write in proper English, otherwise banned.

I guess not everyone is a NES (Native English Speaker) though majority of communication happens in English on a global platform like LET.

So adding a rule for "proper English" would render this community useless/ghost town. Even most of the NES are not well-versed with "proper English"

Judging from the comment you made, you'd be the first one to be banned as the sentence you framed is not in "proper English".

/peace

Thanked by 2Plioser sayem314
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2017

black said: I'd say give him sometime to fix things so they can go back to normal operation. Let the ticket queue drop to manageable levels.

Agreed. I would temporarily ban him to give him the chance to sort things out without being tempted to spend his time here and to fire out offer after offer without fully resolving the problems of the last one. He could then take care of his service problems and ticket queue without having to answer questions here every hour of the day.

A 14 days ban would surely be enough. This would save his nerves and the ones of those who don't need a new hostsolutions.ro thread every day for their entertainment. Clients would benefit too. Win:Win.

• blackblack Member

I don't think a ban is necessary. It'd be helpful if there's a thread where he can update users on an issue so they don't keep opening tickets on the site. LET might not like / allow this though.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz you need to get back as the moderator ;-)

Thanked by 2Ympker gleert
  • Well, at least I think he has the raw hardware to throw at the problem.

It's just the logistics of all the other 'middle'ware that's slowing things down, I feel.

Growth and Agility must be balanced when attempting to grow rapidly.

I've been bugging cociu to offer $24/yr 200GB VZs since 2015. since the demand was clearly there at the time. He went straight to 1TB for $33/y :D

In hindsight (20/20 of course), 200GB openvz would have provided some real-world experience of handling/balancing high storage VZs across nodes.

Going RAID10 instead of RAID5/6 was also good idea with all these 8TB-ish disks.

FWIW I've encountered this incorrect disk allocation in simfs even on experienced providers like Liteserver.
    (nothing a ticket wouldn't clear up in 10-25 mins (props to Liteserver there!); nuke some excess backups clogging up space or whatever.
    Doesn't leave a bad taste as long as it's addressed in a timely manner. )

Has anyone that paid, and hasn't stored any important data in these 1TB+ vps, asked for re-provision on fresh hardware?

What is ETA on fresh HDD arrays coming up on new nodes @cociu?

Maybe some affected customers could be moved there if they don't want data recovered.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @vimalware said:
    Has anyone that paid, and hasn't stored any important data in these 1TB+ vps, asked for re-provision on fresh hardware?

What is ETA on fresh HDD arrays coming up on new nodes @cociu?

Maybe some affected customers could be moved there if they don't want data recovered.

I've pretty much got nothing on mine (with the exception of some backups, which are also kept in numerous other places). I was tempted to in my ticket the other day, but I ended up just asking for an ETA (which was pretty useless). He's asked on the announcements page for clients affected not to open any more tickets, which I can understand, so I'm just going to wait for a week or so, and if it's still offline, I may ask for the VPS to be recreated.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Clouvider said: @Amitz you need to get back as the moderator ;-)

It has been proven that my attitude towards certain things has no majority appeal within the team, so this will not happen... ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @matthewkilpatrick said:
    He's asked on the announcements page for clients affected not to open any more tickets

Shucks, I only saw that now. probably my browser width
    Linking for any customers who didn't see it and kept checking 'Network Status' page instead, like I did : https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/announcements.php?id=1

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Amitz said:

It has been proven that my attitude towards certain things has no majority appeal within the team, so this will not happen... ;-)

Who needs majority appeal when you've got all that sex appeal?

There's a middle ground before banning: removing the provider tag.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2017

raindog308 said: Who needs majority appeal when you've got all that sex appeal?

I lack both, unfortunately... ;-)
    I would not remove the provider tag. As much as I dislike his way of doing business - I still think that we have worse characters here having a tag. He would still have to come here every hour to answer questions, even without the tag. That would neither help him, nor his customers.

Give him some time to breathe. Just temporarily. For the benefit of Kazakhstan. Covfefe.

• @didtav said:

:v

that rule applied to freebsd forum only :)

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

Hello all , i am in my home now and is more easy for me to write , so i want to explain something for who want to understand a difficult situation :

1) we had a issue with our autoprovisioning module when we have start to provide storage because was alocate in the same array 4 times more users than have space so we have start to balance this users truth arrays , unfortunatly is a huge data so cannot be moved in hours ...

2) we had a issue with our principal ups wich was caused the first fsck test.

3) we have recive +600 tikets in a short time wich is the first time when we face this huge quantity.

4) we have reput vel7 and vel8 node back online for some days when the issue was repeated with the electrical part so is still fsck so today i have decided tumorrow we will install 2 new nodes and we will recreate manually vm to vm and put the data in a temporary director to each user (will be maunally work so need some days)

5) in all this time DONT WANT TO BLAME ANY NATION but especiality from the chiness guys we have recived directly open disputes in paypal + another hundred tikets so yes i have faill in pay atention to our paypal account wich i only the one who have the password. I have asked many chiness guys about this and seems to have eccomerce platforms where is acostumbrated of this ...

6) i want to aplogise for what happened , the old users know is not our quality , also who have normal vps know this or eaven with dedicates servers except the 2 issues with electrical part.

If anyone want refound , please open a tiket and i am glad to make it (also please allow me 24-48 hours to make this) , the others users who prefere stay i ca guarantee a hight quality in 1 week (time what will need to put all in condition) also we have send a short newsletter and we will compensate with +3 month for free to all users who will stay for all this problems(users who have been in vel7 and vel8 only).

I know i have faild but please put all this points in balance and maybe some of you will recalculate some comments. We have faill in storage not in all our services.

7) For a refound ? is not a problem BUT like romanian company and please some romanian guy to confirm if hi want I CANNOT UPLOAD FOUNDS like everyone , so i have only 2 options if not have balance , make another payment truth our credit card and risk to recive a complain in a initial tranzaction from the user , or wait until we have balance and proceed to refound.

8) After sending yesterday a newsletter tell about no eta unfortunatly until the fsck is done i look now in our whmcs and still recived in the past 24 hours 10 tikets with the same question " any ETA " and is affectiong only 60 customers in this 2 nodes .... is unbelive because i have ask for a little compasion and understand is not our wish this test.

The op was recive his refound truth a new tranzaction like friend and family and hi can confirm. Also was 2 weeks not 1 month like someone was commented here , 2 weeks verry difficults in Hostsolutions.ro (all my guys this period was work +20 hours/day)

i know will came more negative comments after this but we are humans so i can faill like every one here.

I will try to stay away from all this start from now until all our problems is resolved. so any real problems i will respond in our tiketing support.

Regards,
    Marius

• I kinda hope shit goes ok for you, you've had a really hard couple weeks @cociu

• Number 5. As much as it is funny, I understand. The Asian culture in goods exchanged for money is so different to pretty much everywhere else

• fingonfingon Member
    edited June 2017

As a Chinese I have to say that the 5th is culture problem.
    In JD online market(the biggest B2C in China ), you can return your goods to get money back even 1 month has passed.

Some Chinese AFF men just leave a aff link to make money, it brings lots of Chinese customers who doesn't speak English and AFF MEN didn't translated your explanations.
    And as your customer I'm still waiting you to solve issues.

Good luck!
    @cociu

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Amitz said:

Offer remains on the table. Agreeing with each other was never a requirement. I always found disagreement to be a preferable characteristic. One can build a colleague that just repeats "yes" if that is their preference.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

@Amitz said:

Offer remains on the table. Agreeing with each other was never a requirement. I always found disagreement to be a preferable characteristic. One can build a colleague that just repeats "yes" if that is their preference.

C'mon @Amitz! It's weird without you.

D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Clouvider said: C'mon @Amitz! It's weird without you.

D

Correction - it's not weird enough without him.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The typical example of biting more than one can chew. I wouldn't ban him just yet. He is not actively scamming.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • another excuse, let see if this is the last time.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: I always found disagreement to be a preferable characteristic.

And I kind of disagree with that, which means...

Thanked by 2jar nulldev
  • @sibaper said:
    another excuse, let see if this is the last time.

I see that it works here at LET, so this won't be the last time

• @cociu what about users who want to get their data back and refund? How will this work out? I have opened a support ticket to get my data back and the refund but as always no one has replied.

This discussion has been closed.