Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review

Comments

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

As far I can see, Cociu is not a scammer but he doesn't calculate in advance the consequences of his actions. He wants to sell, no matter what happens later. An experienced admin would consider that a lot of storage servers need a lot of power, and a power upgrade is not so easy and quick. Perhaps this is the reason why he is starting to experience power issues and takes time to rack new servers. Also, it is also normal that an fsck on a 40 TB server takes days, that's why one should never fill completely such kind of storage but he can't do otherwise, because the price is too low...

• Damn, I hope cociu turns this around. Normally I would bash him but I must admit that I'm sitting here dreaming that my 1TB VPS for 3 euro a month is legit :(.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Shazan said: As far I can see, Cociu is not a scammer

I also do not consider him a scammer.
    Just an impulsive and highly unprofessional chaotic.

Thanked by 1twiigl
  • cociucociu Member

Amitz said: Just an impulsive and highly unprofessional chaotic.

i will need to work in this no ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I reckon most of what gone on is probably a result of the storage offers going out at the same time as the 24 hour affiliate payout offer.

What do you reckon @cociu, are a lot of the problems being caused by referrals from your aff scheme?

• bsdguybsdguy Member

Let me put it this way: Congratulations to LET and 97% of providers on LET! It's just amazing how many at least reasonably decent providers are here.

Remember: This is LET! This is the pit of hosting, the "2 burgers for 1 buck" and not the "haute cuisine, finest restaurants in town" corner.

When I came here some years ago I was expecting much worse. I was expecting to call myself lucky if the providers here didn't simply scam me and actually provided something like a poor - but working - service with an availability in the 65% ballpark.

What I actually found, however, was a whole bunch of lowest end providers who offered quite decent services. It's almost a miracle! You can find 2$/mo VPS here that can easily compete with 12$/mo VPS of well known brands - and those virtual boxes actually work and are in the 95% availability ballpark.

As for @cociu: Yes, @cociu fucked up. In part that's his own responsibility and in part that's just insanely bad luck hitting hostsolutions. But that's boring; after all LET isn't about high availability, high reliability, cost of no concern corner of the hosting universe.

The interesting part is something else, namely cocius obvious readiness to honestly confess his sins, to apologize, to offer a refund or some compensation for those who stay and that he works hard to make things works and dirt-cheap storage VPS a reality.

As I said: LET is an amazing place with people that are a lot better than it might seem at first glance. So again, congratulations, LETers and LET team!

• @bsdguy why are you so defensive when it come to cociu?
    everyone has move on you keep bring topic to bottom and praise cociu.

talk about price and price again, some provider (buyvm, hostus, vultr, ramnode) offer such low price yet still able to maintenance support and nice to their client.

• Yura said: There is a very different @cociu . . .

Could there actually be two different people? ;)

• Ole_Juul said: Could there actually be two different people? ;)

There's obviously two different cociu. One of them manages vel7+vel8 and the other manages everything else.

Thanked by 2Falzo exception0x876
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

Can I just say that I overextended myself on bills this month and @cociu was kind and understanding, and helped me out. Maybe it's because I'm admin of LET, I'll submit this possibility, but I appreciate his kindness and I never asked for any favors, never offered any favoritism, never asked anyone else to give him any extra consideration.

I've always seen myself as a customer of the industry first and everything else second. As a customer, I greatly appreciate him.

Though I still can't read most of his replies to this thread lol

• didtavdidtav Member

@jarland said:
    Maybe it's because I'm admin of LET

OP's ticket had been ignored for weeks. it seems like indeed because you are admin of LTE.

but I'm not customer of cociu, so I'm not sure.

Maybe will try his service just to find out whether he is a friendly man or an asshole :v

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

didtav said: OP's ticket had been ignored for weeks

From the 29th to 11th is not weeks, especially if we only consider weekdays. Let's be clear about that. Examine the evidence provided and separate it from the claims. It's 2 weeks as of the 12th, and it's obviously a low priority ticket. Assume intent all you want, but that's just the facts. I'm trying to not be biased here and that's why I'm acting from the facts alone, because several people have either called for me to take action or asked why I haven't. We don't know what his queue looks like or what he considers a reasonable turn around at for that refund, and we don't know factually that the ticket was closed (only that the accusation was made).

• It all starts to be ridiculous, Maybe someone thinks here is full of brain-damaged

• NekkiNekki Veteran

didtav said: OP's ticket had been ignored for weeks. it seems like indeed because you are admin of LTE.

Nah. @Cociu helps me out with stuff all the time and I'm the polar opposite of an admin at LET.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Someone said:

@Nekki said:

didtav said: OP's ticket had been ignored for weeks. it seems like indeed because you are admin of LTE.

Nah. @Cociu helps me out with stuff all the time and I'm the polar opposite of an admin at LET.

Meh. Still a difference between you and a new LET member mh?

Of course there's a difference, Captain State-the-fucking-obvious, I'M FUCKING SPECIAL, AREN'T I.

• S3phyS3phy Member

@Someone said:

@Nekki said:

I dont know, but @Cociu has been very helpful to me as well on tickets.

Billing and with service, he has been very helpful and solved the issue in a very reasonable time. This includes both VPS and a dedi.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Someone said:

@Nekki said:

@Someone said:

@Nekki said:

Of course there's a difference, Captain State-the-fucking-obvious, I'M FUCKING SPECIAL, AREN'T I.

Yes, you aren't.

So we agree that I'm not special then, excellent.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • I opened a ticket about enabling fuse in the kernel yesterday evening and they did it this morning. So eventhough they face a lot of shit right now they are still answering tickets kinda fast

• BarisBaris Member

@sibaper said:
    talk about price and price again, some provider (buyvm, hostus, vultr, ramnode) offer such low price yet still able to maintenance support and nice to their client.

Show me one of your mentioned providers offering the same price for same storage space like cociu does. We are talking about storage VPS, aren't we?

• Baris said: Show me one of your mentioned providers offering the same price for same storage space like cociu does

Just for remind, Time4VPS does offer the lower price (4EUR/month) for 1TB disk like cociu. But currently, they switch to quarter cycle ;-)

The disadvantages are 100Mbps port and IOPS limit. But HDD is desktop version not laptop.

And yes, their support are kindly enough (much helpful to compare with cociu's team) ;-)

• YuraYura Member

Baris said:
    Show me one of your mentioned providers offering the same price for same storage space like cociu does. We are talking about storage VPS, aren't we?

ZxHost (kvm, CEPH), @SpeedyKVM (kvm, own huge DC). Both had better priced deals in that time span. Both are KVM based, not ovz. Oh, and @AshleyUK, is NOT an asshole.

• @Aluminat said:
    >
    Just for remind, Time4VPS does offer the lower price (4EUR/month) for 1TB disk like cociu. But currently, they switch to quarter cycle ;-)

And yes, their support are kindly enough (much helpful to compare with cociu's team) ;-)

not quite true. I've ordered new storage server from them since I got this vel 8 problem with him. Time4vps has a monthly cycle.

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited June 2017

@Redpoint

Aluminat said: But currently, they switch to quarter cycle

You do see I said right? Meaning they still offer 4 EUR/month but at quarter, not month like before.

• @Aluminat said:
    @Redpoint

Aluminat said: But currently, they switch to quarter cycle

You do see I said right? Meaning they still offer 4 EUR/month but at quarter, not month like before.

I saw it. But did you see my next due date?

• Redpoint said: But did you see my next due date?

Yes. Month cycle but I did not say they don't have month cycle for 1TB package. I said that price (4EUR/month) no longer offer at month cycle.

• @Aluminat said:

Yes. Month cycle but I did not say they don't have month cycle for 1TB package. I said that price (4EUR/month) no longer offer at month cycle.

Wrong again, my friend :)
    https://billing.time4vps.eu/cart/&step=3

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited June 2017

If you don't mind to pay a little more (0.99 behind the dot) then ok. I'm wrong

(Actually, its 3.99 EUR. Round to 4EUR by myself so my bad. lol)

• RedpointRedpoint Member
    edited June 2017

@Aluminat said:

>

If you don't mind to pay a little more (0.99 behind the dot) then ok. I'm wrong

(Actually, its 3.99 EUR. Round to 4EUR by myself so my bad. lol)

I paid the same for cociu. and for 1TB storage, I think it's a very cheap price.

• Redpoint said: I paid the same for @cociu. and for 1TB storage, I think it's a very cheap price.

If you are on vel8, I thought you should get a lower price because people on this node order through "Easter deal" mega thread with a promo code or longer cycle bill.

Both of them are cheap but with recent event (power outage, fsck disk), it's unacceptable for cociu even with lowend VPS.

This discussion has been closed.