Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• lurchlurch Member

@bohdans said:
    Just got mine 30 mins ago, was ordered via the cached link.
    540, 4GB, 2 x 1TB drives, one is marked as failed and I can not write to it.

You probably got the one they took out of mine.

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • BG32BG32 Member

They gave me an i5

• @BG32 said:
    They gave me an i5

Thats the best i feel.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited April 2017

@BG32 said:
    They gave me an i5

When did u receive it?

• BG32BG32 Member

@fLoo said:

@BG32 said:
    They gave me an i5

When did u receive it?

Yesterday

• They gave me an i5

Geekbench, or it didn't happen.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • fLoofLoo Member

Anyone installed Windowse on it?

• @BG32 said:
    They gave me an i5

That sure beats my L3426

• @fLoo said:
    Anyone installed Windowse on it?

Yeah got server 2016 on mine, 11 days up time. Still seeking a use for it lol

• fLoo said: Ok let me be more precise: The magic number is 1253 :)

Huh?

• kkelskkels Member

Is it possible to get a refund for this piece of rubbish?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@kkels said:
    Is it possible to get a refund for this piece of rubbish?

Chalk it up as a not-too-expensive lesson.

@rm_ said:
    @fLoo you really did not have to simple it down so far, the smarter ones have already figured out what you mean from your very first post, and others do not deserve that cheeky catch of a deal.

Pfft, it's even easier than that.

You mean anyone who can read HTML and script around their silly little A record placeholder that replaces the submit button? Personally, I blame them for not blocking cross-domain scripting. Their programming is just as bad as their resold garbage.

Thanked by 2fLoo Chronic
  • @WSS said:

@shitposter said:

@WSS said:
    What happens if you reboot the VPS with VNC active?

Same thing. I've found that I need to set up networking properly within the qemu session at /etc/network/interfaces, but even with that, I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Under QEMU, use DHCP. Then, before you reboot, edit your network settings for the machine itself. Then reboot.

Ok I fixed it, the network interface name was wrong and somehow the bios kept overriding it even with biosdevname=0 in kernel options.

Also, my server got replaced with an i3-2100 with 31k hrs spin times, pretty good upgrade.

• WSS said: You mean anyone who can read HTML and script around their silly little A record placeholder that replaces the submit button? Personally, I blame them for not blocking cross-domain scripting. Their programming is just as bad as their resold garbage.

Why would one even bother ordering an out of stock server? Lol.

• WSSWSS Member

@Chronic said:

Because they've been delivering the broken machines we've returned to people who just want to think they are gaming the system. I call it schadenfreude.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @WSS said:

@Chronic said:

Because they've been delivering the broken machines we've returned to people who just want to think they are gaming the system. I call it schadenfreude.

Inceptfraud!!!!!!!!!!

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@Chronic said:

Inceptfraud!!!!!!!!!!

Fraudception sounds cool, but @AnthonySmith already has dealt with that with his new logos, it seems.

• Schadenfraude?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@Chronic said:

Inceptfraud!!!!!!!!!!

Fraudception sounds cool, but @AnthonySmith already has dealt with that with his new logos, it seems.

Yeah I have been watching that saga lol. Seems none of them were to original.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@Chronic said:

Inceptfraud!!!!!!!!!!

If you're bored, check out this fraudster, Plumberg.

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@Chronic said:

Inceptfraud!!!!!!!!!!

If you're bored, check out this fraudster, Plumberg.

Neato Peacharino I hope every provider he has now drops his ass. That is why we can't have nice things anymore.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@AuroraZ said:
    Neato Peacharino I hope every provider he has now drops his ass. That is why we can't have nice things anymore.

If people are willing to do this with physical hardware- they'll do more than this with virtual goods. It would be nice if there's more than some "You're an asshole" blowback, because this is why our services cost more.

Do you remember when VPS's went up in price, Roger? It was because of shitheads just like this.

• So just FYI, ordered one via cached link, and it was delivered in less than 30 mins... they must have more stock again

• @bohdans said:
    So just FYI, ordered one via cached link, and it was delivered in less than 30 mins... they must have more stock again

When did you place the order? I think they've patched it as I just tried it now and failed. They cancelled my initial order for verification, then my second order via Paypal because I made it on the day they went out of stock and now I can't even order one through the cache link or using 1253. I'm starting to think my bad karma is catching up with me...

• I ordered around 12 hours ago, server arrived 30 mins after but I was not near a computer to check it.
    My first server is now being replaced for the 3rd time, every server has had faulty disk or disks :/

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

If any of you want one of these I have an extra one I can resell(at cost, I'm not a jerk) to a LET member who has been here for at least a year. If no one wants it I'll just cancel it so it is w/e.

Edit: sold

• Is it possible to transfer those things? I don't want it, just wondering.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Setsura said:
    If any of you want one of these I have an extra one I can resell(at cost, I'm not a jerk) to a LET member who has been here for at least a year. If no one wants it I'll just cancel it so it is w/e.

Edit: sold

Fuck. I wanted in on it.

Are these boxes still available through the cached link or any other trick(s)?

• kkelskkels Member

@bohdans said:
    I ordered around 12 hours ago, server arrived 30 mins after but I was not near a computer to check it.
    My first server is now being replaced for the 3rd time, every server has had faulty disk or disks :/

I guess I'm lucky, I only had to replace 2 times.

• kkelskkels Member

Will they be able to hot-swap a failed RAIDed disk in the future without downtime?
    This time I went for full server change because I was hoping to get 8 gigs of Rammy :D