Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some beta testers for our new Wyvern release and KVM services. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for some beta testers for our new Wyvern release and KVM services.

123457»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@WSS said:

>

I'd love to give him money, myself- but "Fuck this OS, because it doesn't work on my setup" in response to a broken QEMU does not entice me to pull out the wallet. I do hope he manages to get his shit fixed, because his little management system is a hell of a lot nicer than dredging through Virtualizor or Solus.

I'd love to get it working but it looks like it's beyond my expertise and knowledge. The reasons I'm leaning towards just dropping support for them are as follows:
    1) I can get it working via command line but it doesn't work with the web interface.
    2) It was working last week before I updated this thread and I have made zero changes to those functions since then.

I was so glad when I finally got it to work but was super upset I had to kill another feature that I really wanted to include in the control panel. Now I'm just bummed that I had to kill a feature and now BSD support is flaky at best.

@goinsj2010 said:
    @KuJoe I got one earlier today and installed Debian 8 with GPT partitions. Everything seems to be working fine. Two things that I made a note of:

1. I think it's already been mentioned but it's strange to show a 14 digit VNC password when only the first 8 digits are actually used. I would suggest trimming the password.

The function that creates the VNC password also creates the root password for OpenVZ servers so instead of breaking up the functions I included them as one to make it easier for WHMCS to handle since adding a button to a plugin is a little wonky and would require duplicating quite a bit on the template side which is already sitting at over 2200 lines of code.

1. I was going to say that the bandwidth chart should show the previous 24 hours of bandwidth usage by default. However, I think I misunderstood this portion of the panel. There's a note that says "No bandwidth history yet. Please wait until next month." I initially interpreted this to mean that I have to wait a full month before the bandwidth charts are plotted. Re-reading this, maybe it meant that the bandwidth plotting just won't be implemented until May.

I have removed the bandwidth graphs from KVM VPSs since they were not calculating correctly which I will need to fix later (bandwidth accounting is still accurate). The Bandwidth History tab shows bandwidth usage for previous months so you can track your bandwidth usage to see how much or how little you use each month.

edited April 2017

@WSS said:

I'd love to give him money, myself- but "Fuck this OS, because it doesn't work on my setup" in response to a broken QEMU does not entice me to pull out the wallet. I do hope he manages to get his shit fixed, because his little management system is a hell of a lot nicer than dredging through Virtualizor or Solus.

OMG I'm so pissed at myself. I figured out the problem after comparing the XML files between my dev server and prod server and the only difference I could find was the USB controllers were different, sure enough I disable the USB controller and OpenBSD is installing on your VPS as I type this.

Good news is I can add the resizing option back. :D

Thanked by 4Tom WSS goinsj2010 sin
  • TomTom Member

@KuJoe said:

@WSS said:

OMG I'm so pissed at myself. I figured out the problem after comparing the XML files between my dev server and prod server and the only difference I could find was the USB controllers were different, sure enough I disable the USB controller and OpenBSD is installing on your VPS as I type this.

Great news :).

I ordered one a few days ago but didn't get round to testing it yet. I've got a free night tonight so I can do them - anything specific you want me to test?

• WSSWSS Member

@KuJoe said:

Good job! Was it setup for USB 3 on 2 based hardware? I've seen silliness like OHCI/UHCI before- but never a crash on boot where it's been failing.. I'll have to give it a few pokes to see if it's stable now. :)

• HxxxHxxx Member

Anyway, nobody uses OpenBSD :) with exception of @WSS

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Good job! Was it setup for USB 3 on 2 based hardware? I've seen silliness like OHCI/UHCI before- but never a crash on boot where it's been failing.. I'll have to give it a few pokes to see if it's stable now. :)

Here's the error I was seeing in a log file I didn't know existed until this morning: "EHCI doesn't handle 16-bit writes to MMIO"