Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

myhken said: or you are not telling the truth.

It is the modified driver version

• netomx said: It is the modified driver version

I must be stupid or something, but I can't find that driver. Nobody have a link to it?

• @TheXO tried to use google, but it only gives me 2012 R2 drivers etc. But if somebody have the link, I can update my template, if not, then just not update my template.

• ccarita said: According to the following link, selecting 82580 did the trick for Windows 2016.

But I already have the 82580 driver installed on my template, since it's part of the PROWinx64.exe v22.0.1 file. I have installed all drivers in that package.

Thanked by 1ccarita
  • @myhken said:
    @CoffeeBeans what driver did you use? A link?
    So I can update my 2016 template for KS.

There are really no Server 2016 driver for Intel 82579V NIC that are used in the i5 servers.
    I have tried the different drivers from this page:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/52963/Intel-82579V-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY

So either you have a link to another driver, or you are not telling the truth.

That is the correct driver, but it does not have the correct device ID's. After downloading it, you run the program, and instead of installing it, open up "%temp%\RarSFX0\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65\e1c65x64.inf with notepad, and the top part of it should look like http://pastebin.com/vzCMEqta. You allow installing unsigned drivers, and then install the e1c65x64.inf file that you edited. After booting up the template on the kimsurfi server, it should install the modified driver.

Thanked by 3myhken ccarita netomx
  • @CoffeeBeans this is the result when I try to update the driver, after I have added the info from your pastebin link.

I just added the info from your file on the top of the .inf file. What are I'm missing?

• run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart, that should allow you to install the driver.

• CoffeeBeans said: run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart, that should allow you to install the driver.

That did the trick. Transferring my template to my FTP server now, then I will try it on a spare Kimusfi i5 server I have.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @CoffeBeans - Thank you for the help. It worked. I have updated my template and it now works with Windows Server 2016 on Kimsufi also.

Thanked by 3netomx Falzo victory7
  • How is it going for those who had slow download speed? On my dedicated they fixed it. It took a little while but well, network speed is pretty good now.

So in the end I guess their support isn't that bad! Took longer than I'd have expected but well, it works fine now.

Hope this end up being fixed for all the other persons who had network issues. Open tickets and don't give up, it works ;-)

• Still working on mine. Im glad to hear that they are able to actually fix it.

• @datanoise said:
    How is it going for those who had slow download speed? On my dedicated they fixed it. It took a little while but well, network speed is pretty good now.

So in the end I guess their support isn't that bad! Took longer than I'd have expected but well, it works fine now.

Hope this end up being fixed for all the other persons who had network issues. Open tickets and don't give up, it works ;-)

How'd you know that you have download issues? Just from torrent speed?

• @datanoise said:
    How is it going for those who had slow download speed? On my dedicated they fixed it. It took a little while but well, network speed is pretty good now.

Mine has been 9MB/s plus since day 1 :D

• maldovia said: Mine has been 9MB/s plus since day 1 :D

DC? rack?

• GromGrom Member

@datanoise said:

They fixed mine as well!

• yolo_me said: How'd you know that you have download issues? Just from torrent speed?

Speedtests. Single threaded. Very slow download speed from anywhere except paris, rbx and london.

Grom said: They fixed mine as well!

Great :)

Sounds like an happy end then!

• @Grom said:

@datanoise said:

They fixed mine as well!

What kind of info you told them so they had to know that there's some issue with your server?

• yolo_me said: What kind of info you told them so they had to know that there's some issue with your server?

That download speed was slow to several locations with a speedtest including several locations. They asked me to do iperfs tests from / to the server and said it was OK. I said it was not as single threaded perf was crappy. The "admins" finally found the problem and fixed it.

If you have the same problem we had open a ticket and explain what's going on, they'll ask for more tests if they need to.

• @datanoise said:

yolo_me said: What kind of info you told them so they had to know that there's some issue with your server?

That download speed was slow to several locations with a speedtest including several locations. They asked me to do iperfs tests from / to the server and said it was OK. I said it was not as single threaded perf was crappy. The "admins" finally found the problem and fixed it.

If you have the same problem we had open a ticket and explain what's going on, they'll ask for more tests if they need to.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get Kimsufi to fix this? My KS-3C is a solid 100 Mbit inside the datacenter, but downloads to anywhere outside I max out at about 10 on a single thread. Support is telling me they can only guarantee inside the datacenter, and 528 KB to Europe is perfectly fine.

wget -O /dev/null http://proof.ovh.net/files/1Gio.dat : 1.00G 582KB/s in 27m 55ss

wget -O /dev/null http://bhs.proof.ovh.net/files/1Gio.dat:1.00G 11.1MB/s in 93s

I was hesitant to reply to this thread....didn't want people to think the KS-3C was on sale again....but replied because a few people seem to have gotten this issue resolved.

• v2vince said: Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get Kimsufi to fix this?

I had the same issue in BHS. Nothing you can do about it, for them the speed is perfectly fine.

Accept it or move on ;-)

• WSSWSS Member

@rm_ is going to angerly write his congressman because this thread has been been pointlessly bumped again!

• @v2vince said:

@datanoise said:

yolo_me said: What kind of info you told them so they had to know that there's some issue with your server?

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get Kimsufi to fix this? My KS-3C is a solid 100 Mbit inside the datacenter, but downloads to anywhere outside I max out at about 10 on a single thread. Support is telling me they can only guarantee inside the datacenter, and 528 KB to Europe is perfectly fine.

wget -O /dev/null http://proof.ovh.net/files/1Gio.dat : 1.00G 582KB/s in 27m 55ss

wget -O /dev/null http://bhs.proof.ovh.net/files/1Gio.dat:1.00G 11.1MB/s in 93s

I was hesitant to reply to this thread....didn't want people to think the KS-3C was on sale again....but replied because a few people seem to have gotten this issue resolved.

Generate some solid evidence and tweet it to octave and the rest of his team at least.
    It helped me several times I needed to get their attention.
    Generally they end up solving it via PM.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2017

v2vince said: Support is telling me they can only guarantee inside the datacenter, and 528 KB to Europe is perfectly fine.

As @inthecloudblog suggested using twitter can really help.

Answer to this support ticket saying that it doesn't work for your use case as you have to send backups regularly to your server and it won't be possible at that crappy speed (for example) + explain your problem publicly on twitter. (https://twitter.com/ovh_support_en - use fr if you know french) and they'll probably handle it. Good luck :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • The issue with BHS2 seems to be limited on DL only.
    upload to RBX works just fine.

could you guys verify with a iperf result?

iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -d

• edited March 2017

My experiences with SYS BHS has been a joke.
    I have 3x i7 920s at RBX and I'm able to saturate the port when needed.
    I did pay the setup fees and such.
    I'll be comparing if hetzner has been doing better to see if I'll just consolidate all there.

Hetzner managed to solve all my issues every single time something happened and we'll you guys know ovh (errors in billing, fake abuse, not being able to log in from my mobile to the manager, not being allowed to pay directly with PayPal if I had a CC associated to PP and the list goes on).

Even run though Hetz can seem annoying at first when doing the random netscans and ask for explanations once they know you iits a real please to deal with them.

On the other hand I had to ping Maxime H, ovh fr, en and octave to get some attention (via tw)...
    Even after that they haven't been able the claimed fake abuses in my 4 sys (it's been almost a year now)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@inthecloudblog said:
    I'll be comparing if hetzner has been doing better to see if I'll just consolidate all there.

Hetzner managed to solve all my issues every single time something happened and we'll you guys know ovh (errors in billing, fake abuse, not being able to log in from my mobile to the manager, not being allowed to pay directly with PayPal if I had a CC associated to PP and the list goes on).

Even run though Hetz can seem annoying at first when doing the random netscans and ask for explanations once they know you iits a real please to deal with them.

On the other hand I had to ping Maxime H, ovh fr, en and octave to get some attention (via tw)...
    Even after that they haven't been able the claimed fake abuses in my 4 sys (it's been almost a year now)

Well as per fake abuse, we have had alot of troubles with ovh you can submit an fake abuse with fake logs to them for ircds and they will require you to fix it, if you or someone sent again fake abuse they will suspend you without checking it if this is real abuse or not. We was forced to order another servers in another company just for this case...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @freeneter said:
    The issue with BHS2 seems to be limited on DL only.
    upload to RBX works just fine.

could you guys verify with a iperf result?

iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -d

My KS-3C is in BHS1 with the same issue. I got it from a prior (more expensive) sale:

root@rescue:~# iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -d

Server listening on TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)

Client connecting to iperf.ovh.net, TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 45.0 KByte (default)

[ 5] local *** port 40010 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ 4] local *** port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 40855
    [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
    [ 5] 0.0-10.0 sec 109 MBytes 91.5 Mbits/sec
    [ 4] 0.0-10.6 sec 3.75 MBytes 2.98 Mbits/sec
    root@rescue:~#

• Yupp, same for me.
    the support told me it is a very isolated issue and the admins dont know where it comes from...

BHS2 -> Outside is okay
    Outside -> BHS2 is shitty.

• @AlbaHost said:

@inthecloudblog said:

Well as per fake abuse, we have had alot of troubles with ovh you can submit an fake abuse with fake logs to them for ircds and they will require you to fix it, if you or someone sent again fake abuse they will suspend you without checking it if this is real abuse or not. We was forced to order another servers in another company just for this case...

That's precisely what took place to me. A shame that such company I like has such type of personnel that is evidently non capable ( at least support/ billing /abuse).

Some personal experience which does not has to do with the post ( all the way since burst.net ovz deal to nowadays):

From all providers I've dealt with, the nicest were Secure Dragon, Edis ( had a nice touch by sending me a letter to Argentina but did not satisfy me), Leaseweb called me so many times it seemed strange ( I was only purchasing 3 VM's). Some can say they can perform that phone calls because they hire people from 3rd world countries but I really like they " decentralize" support and that they care about their customers.
    Despite Leaseweb charging a lot for overages they did like a 90% rebate once I had an incident. I even was able to had some debates about my situation with a Spaniard rep ( Argentina and Spain talk the same lang... ).

Was forgetting about @Francisco . He had a guy back on the days he had his gear with he.net in Fremont (IIRC) and there was a young guy "Solr" or something that knew a lot about Perl I think and helped me troubleshoot an issue I had back then in a real nice way.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost