Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

It has been 11 minutes and it's gone again...

• So I should have choosen RBX.. sigh.

• LunarLunar Member

@Lunar said:
    Got mine finally.

RBX1

System Info
    -----------
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    CPU Cores : 4
    Frequency : 1600.046 MHz
    Memory        : 15933 MB
    Swap      : 510 MB
    Uptime        : 4:45,

OS        : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch      : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel        : 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
    Hostname  : REDACTED

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is REDACTED

Location      Provider    Speed
    CDN           Cachefly    11.3MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US       Coloat      2.51MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US        Softlayer   6.46MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US       Softlayer   7.29MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US  Softlayer   2.78MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US    Softlayer   9.49MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan      Linode      4.17MB/s 
    Singapore         Softlayer   5.76MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands    id3.net     11.1MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands  Leaseweb    11.2MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run) : 154 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 153 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 153 MB/s
    Average I/O   : 153.333 MB/s

Just realized I got an i5-2300 instead of a 2400 :(

At least it's better than the i3 I suppose...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

i5-2300 with the good network is also better than i5-2400 with bad network, that some of us got.

• GromGrom Member

Lol, its so fucking funny how they ask you to wget file off almost servers that run next to yours, and if the speed is 100mbps then you're good to go. Doesn't matter if you cant download more than 10-35mbps outside France... OVH rather..

• Did anyone else get a i5-3570S cpu? Seems to be almost equivalent to the i5-2400.

• HaxHax Member

@Dextronox said:
    Did anyone else get a i5-3570S cpu? Seems to be almost equivalent to the i5-2400.

I got i5-3570S for both servers I ordered.

• GromGrom Member

@Dextronox said:
    Did anyone else get a i5-3570S cpu? Seems to be almost equivalent to the i5-2400.

but... it matters!

• @Sixell said:

@Dextronox said:

I got i5-3570S for both servers I ordered.

lucky you .. lol.

Thanked by 1Hax
  • @Grom said:
    Lol, its so fucking funny how they ask you to wget file off almost servers that run next to yours, and if the speed is 100mbps then you're good to go. Doesn't matter if you cant download more than 10-35mbps outside France... OVH rather..

They asked me to test and past download speed from proof.bhs.ovh.net when I opened a ticket with them about the laborious download speed. They didn't accept other tests, so everything where fine for them.

What a shitty way to deal with this problem.

• GromGrom Member

@FredQc said:

@Grom said:

They asked me to test and past download speed from proof.bhs.ovh.net when I opened a ticket with them about the laborious download speed. They didn't accept other tests, so everything where fine for them.

The only logical explanation is: They are well aware of the issue and they won't be fixin it anytime soon.

So we should just deal with it /endofstory.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

It looks like Ikoula is out of the Greenfish which I think was about the same as the KS2A. But they still have the Crazyfish at 15 euro, which has a Xeon 3440, 4GB, and a 2TB disk. That has seemed much more attractive all along. Some of the worldstream.nl specials also look good.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2017

Grom said: The only logical explanation is: They are well aware of the issue and they won't be fixin it anytime soon.

They def are, a ton of us sent in tickets awhile back and the tech who was working on mine also said they know about the issue but said it wasn't an easy fix....and after that nothing. Every time they have a Kimsufi promo like this it's the same thing, users getting stuck with machines with really shitty network speeds :-(.

willie said: Some of the worldstream.nl specials also look good.

Worldstream is great! I bought their 7.50 euro/month server (added on the remote reinstall which brings it to 10 euro) a few months ago and they gave me an extra 2GB RAM and a 500GB disk instead of a 250GB. Network and support is good too.

• fanfan Veteran

@FredQc said:

@Grom said:

They asked me to do iperf tests outside from the OVH network, it seems that the download/incoming speed is really the problem, later they sent me a few other IP addresses (not my server) to do the same test and all are having slow download/incoming speed.

BTW, loaded a few Linux ISO™ on the server and looks like it's still possible to push full 100mbps but required more connections.

• ccaritaccarita Member
    edited March 2017

I got 5 kimsufi-4C servers on BHS on the mid-2016 sale.

3 boxes have normal download speeds and 2 have slow download speeds. There is no apparent logic behind this problem. 2 of my kimsufi boxes are on the SAME RACK (T02C02) and one of them have normal download speeds and the other has slow speeds. How is this possible? The very same rack and so different network speeds...
    After months without solution, I let the slower one expire and I kept the faster one.

• Well I just got a reply from my ticket about slow speeds they said I should run these tests and reply. Just so anyone else doesn't have to wait a week for a reply.

Please reboot your server to rescue mode (+ run on it "iperf -s" command) and then run the following commands from your local computer (or location where you detect the problem - need to be outside OVH network)

1. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i1 -t10 -r
    2. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i1 -t10 -r -P16 | grep SUM
    3. iperf -c XXXXX -i1 -t10 -r
    4. iperf -c XXXXX -i1 -t10 -r -P16 | grep SUM
    (replace XXXXX by name of your server)
    and from your server run:
    5. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i 1
    6. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i 1 -u -b 1g
    7. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -m -i 1 -t 10 -r
    8. ethtool eth0 | grep -i speed
    9. wget http://proof.ovh.ca/files/10Gb.dat
    And send me the results (keep there numbers of those tests 1 - 9 to easier control).

Dextronox said: Did anyone else get a i5-3570S cpu? Seems to be almost equivalent to the i5-2400.

3570S is up to 20% faster than 2400.

# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=2048 | md5sum
    2048+0 records in
    2048+0 records out
    2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 3.55319 s, 604 MB/s
    a981130cf2b7e09f4686dc273cf7187e  -

vs

# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=2048 | md5sum
    2048+0 records in
    2048+0 records out
    2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 4.31688 s, 497 MB/s
    a981130cf2b7e09f4686dc273cf7187e  -
    Thanked by 1datanoise
  • I have a 3570S back in the day and its speed on my main app was predicted very precisely by the passmark score scaled by other servers I've had. If that holds for your stuff then the 3570S would be around 21% faster than the 2400.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • fan said: They asked me to do iperf tests outside from the OVH network, it seems that the download/incoming speed is really the problem, later they sent me a few other IP addresses (not my server) to do the same test and all are having slow download/incoming speed.

Where were those other IPs / servers located?

@thharris said:

Well I just got a reply from my ticket about slow speeds they said I should run these tests and reply. Just so anyone else doesn't have to wait a week for a reply.

Please reboot your server to rescue mode (+ run on it "iperf -s" command) and then run the following commands from your local computer (or location where you detect the problem - need to be outside OVH network)

1. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i1 -t10 -r
    2. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i1 -t10 -r -P16 | grep SUM
    3. iperf -c XXXXX -i1 -t10 -r
    4. iperf -c XXXXX -i1 -t10 -r -P16 | grep SUM
    (replace XXXXX by name of your server)
    and from your server run:
    5. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i 1
    6. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -i 1 -u -b 1g
    7. iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -m -i 1 -t 10 -r
    8. ethtool eth0 | grep -i speed
    9. wget http://proof.ovh.ca/files/10Gb.dat
    And send me the results (keep there numbers of those tests 1 - 9 to easier control).

@FredQc said:

@Grom said:

Yeah it's a joke. But when I answered "look shitty download speed on test 3 and 4" he said he saw there was an issue and would escalate my ticket. Not sure much will happen from there but I hope. I'll write them back in a few days if they don't come back with something.

@Grom: 10-35mbps... consider yourself lucky! :)

BTW, loaded a few Linux ISO™ on the server and looks like it's still possible to push full 100mbps but required more connections.

Yeah - but if there are OVH servers in the mix (or online) there is no problem as it's not too far and doesn't cost them too much peering... by the way and test 4 was way better than test 3 for me. Problem is mostly on single connections. A pain to pull backups to the servers with one thread.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

KS-2A is back. Get it quick (if you want one)! https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=160sk2 gone.

That's a mediocre one, why even post, it's not a sale... and 1 EUR more expensive than these sweet KS3Cs.

• WSSWSS Member

I'm so glad I posted it just for you, @rm_. It's no 3C, but those are going to be few and far between. It's still a viable option for someone who wants 1TB storage, and doesn't want to share it with others.

• KS3C is up now at the regular price (17/mo). Looks like the KS1A sold out instantly (2 minutes after WSS's post). I guess any automatic monitoring really better check every minute rather than 1x an hour or whatever.

WSS said: It's no 3C

Now kindly look at this thread title, tnx.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie There are so many different monitoring tools for OVH out there, that if you don't have a browser open the second you get notified, it's likely to be gone. I can't say I am a huge fan of the 2A, myself- but the price is on par with many similarly priced Storage VPS.

• @WSS said:
    @willie There are so many different monitoring tools for OVH out there, that if you don't have a browser open the second you get notified, it's likely to be gone. I can't say I am a huge fan of the 2A, myself- but the price is on par with many similarly priced Storage VPS.

I guess what @willie is trying to say is: The 3C is out of stock, so please let this thread die a fast death.

edited March 2017

Nah the thread is ok, we still wait on OVH to fix the bad network on some KS3Cs for example, and some people may still wait for their validation/servers in the first place. Also they still may get back in stock, as some orders expire or validations do not pass. I just don't see the value to discuss every mediocre not-even-a-sale offer in the same thread.

• WSSWSS Member

Don't worry. I'll PM you from now on, instead. :)

• teamacc said: I guess what @willie is trying to say is: The 3C is out of stock, so please let this thread die a fast death.

I hadn't intended to say that--the 3C is actually now in stock, but at 17 euro instead of 9. Maybe that means it's a regular product now so no more promotional ones are likely to appear though.

There must have been a heck of a lot of them released when this thread started--it sounds like they were available for a while?

• stabstab Member

I'm pretty sure I ordered hours and hours after the thread was started and still managed to get one with the i5 and 16GB RAM no less.