Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• ljsealsljseals Member
    edited February 2017

I am at BSH1 and on the first one I have an I3 which is fine as I am only running my webstore on it... For roughly 10 dollars you cannot beat it.. If so please let me know where....

• @TheXO said:
    I got my order extended, if i do pay, should i expect an i5 with 16gig or nah?

Nah, it's a bonus if you get an i5, otherwise you'll be disappointed.

• I got two I3's from BSH1, I am happy to have them.... i5 16gig is more than I would need but maybe some may need more so I would say if that is your only reason to get the deal then do not go for it. God bless you!

• http://bettertravaux.ovh/show_task.php?id=20322 looks like some were never upgraded...

• An i3 is already pretty nice and powerful enough to handle quite some load! :)

• @willie said:

Was that at a promo price? At the regular price it doesn't seem as attractive as some of the alternatives.

I like the way they now say "victim of its success" like online ;).

pretty sure ovh used the "victim of its succes" before online.net as it's been like that for quite a while

• I had an i3 and i5 (neither one promo) at BHS for a while. The i3 was around 60% the speed of the i5, not bad at all. I upgraded mostly because of more disk space on the i5. I did plenty of long compute jobs on both.

• How long does Kimsufi take to suspend a server? I let one of my servers expire. The renewal date was 17th Feb but I can still SSH into it.

• Suspensions might be immediate after the deadline. But then, I've had some running a day after the deadline too. You lose all data within 3 days to a week depending on the case.

• @Luke007 said:

ASAP, if the server got new owner

• Don't know about Kimsufi but I let a couple of OVH-branded servers expire and it took well over a week, with lots of notifications.

• @willie said:

Was that at a promo price? At the regular price it doesn't seem as attractive as some of the alternatives.

I like the way they now say "victim of its success" like online ;).

It wasn't the 3C promo price, but I did get a 2A with decent specs (4G/2TB) back in the day.

• @Luke007 said:
    How long does Kimsufi take to suspend a server? I let one of my servers expire. The renewal date was 17th Feb but I can still SSH into it.

If your account is auto renew, you should cancel your server before 19th of the month. If not, you have to pay for another month

• didtav said: If your account is auto renew, you should cancel your server before 19th of the month. If not, you have to pay for another month

Not on auto renew.

• @didtav said:

@Luke007 said:
    How long does Kimsufi take to suspend a server? I let one of my servers expire. The renewal date was 17th Feb but I can still SSH into it.

If your account is auto renew, you should cancel your server before 19th of the month. If not, you have to pay for another month

This rule is Online.Net's one, not OVH/SYS/Kimsufi

• @nhocconan said:

@didtav said:

@Luke007 said:

Yep. You just stop paying and in around 10 days, they take the machine and put it back up for sale.

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • I got an i3 at BHS.

$ wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Tue 28 Feb 08:02:44 CET 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 1610.484 MHz
    Memory      : 7869 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 15 min,

OS      : 
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
    Hostname    : XXXXXXXX.ip-XXX-XXX-148.net

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is XXX.XXX.148.XXX

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    11.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      3.39MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   10.9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   4.35MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   9.32MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   4.77MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      4.98MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   4.21MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     5.22MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    9.38MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 144 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 146 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 146 MB/s
    Average I/O : 145.333 MB/s

• It's alright guys, you'll be happy to know my server in BHS1 just got delivered. i5/16gb son.

• Just got mine

model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    16GB
    RBX1

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2017

Dextronox said: BHS1 / i5/16gb

Double (triple?) luck :)

• @Dextronox said:
    It's alright guys, you'll be happy to know my server in BHS1 just got delivered. i5/16gb son.

Glad that the i5 roulette worked for you, most of those whose validation was delayed got an i3 in BHS ... I should be thankful to get the server at all :-)

• @nhocconan said:

@WSS said:
    Yep. You just stop paying and in around 10 days, they take the machine and put it back up for sale.

No, check it at your control panel

Thanked by 2nhocconan WSS
  • @didtav said:

@nhocconan said:

@WSS said:

No, check it at your control panel

Thanks to point it out. Seems they have just changed the rules. I've just seen the Cancel button in Service tab. For me it does not show the same message:

For a long time (at least during last 3 years), I just let the service expired and they took the server. Remember that several ppl checked with Support and they told the same.

• most of those whose validation was delayed got an i3 in BHS

Mine for example.

Anyone with a France order still in progress?

• i3 at the promo price is still a good deal

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited February 2017

waiting for them to get back in stock again :(

any1 have one for sale? :D

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

nhocconan said: Seems they have just changed the rules.

No, this is dependent on geography of your user account (i.e. which OVH website you used to sign up/order).

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • zrunnerzrunner Member
    edited February 2017

@cnbeining said:
    On $10/mth? When/where?

Not sure if you're really asking or just making a point about mentioning something that's not available but i really liked that comment.

• How long does Kimsufi take to deliver a server once the payment is validated?

• @Luke007 said:
    How long does Kimsufi take to deliver a server once the payment is validated?

When I ordered a few months ago it took them about 30 minutes. From what I understand though, they are out of stock at the moment.