Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year | - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year |

Comments

• 8nation8nation Member
    edited March 2017

Scabal said: My account has been deleted.

Which account - Client Area or Control Panel?

I had those two accounts with them and my Control Panel account went when I lost my VPS. Does the Client Area give you a better result?

I've had some success over night - a reply to my third ticket with a new Control Panel (Solus) account and a new VPS waiting in there for me. It's on a slightly different IP (same subnet) and the Solus panel is new to me, so there's obviously some rebuilds/changes going on.

• ScabalScabal Member
    edited March 2017

They deleted my account in Client Area.

However, Control Panel account is alive, but it shows that
    Fatal Error: SSH Error: Connection to the server was lost after 2 attempts. Please try again.

Just called Paypal and ask for help. PP are more than happy to protect my right.

@poolroom said:

Scabal said: My account has been deleted.

Which account - Client Area or Control Panel?

I had those two accounts with them and my Control Panel account went when I lost my VPS. Does the Client Area give you a better result?

I've had some success over night - a reply to my third ticket with a new Control Panel (Solus) account and a new VPS waiting in there for me. It's on a slightly different IP (same subnet) and the Solus panel is new to me, so there's obviously some rebuilds/changes going on.

• My VPS stopped working few days ago, they said because of resource usage (I don't think so), then they turned it on, but some network problem appeared, I fought it, but my VPS is deactivated or removed, also they removed my... support ticket "Ticket #203659". Another summer hosting?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Anna_Parker said: Another summer hosting?

How about winter hosting? :-)

In the end, I'm relieved that I didn't sign up at ContraWeb, though I was tempted to during the "gold rush" period some weeks ago ...

• Thanks for the reviews. We now have another hosting to avoid.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

My VPS has been offline for more than 4 days now. My ticket was set to "On hold" today.

• LESLES Member

VPS down, ticket deleted... time to get the money back!

• my vps ihas been down for more than two weeks.Today i can open ticket and wait for answer.

• mengyyymengyyy Member
    edited March 2017

dalao tell me to open tk to tell them
    migrate vps to another node and you dont need data any more

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2017

Migrating to other node (example from 1 to 2) triggers overselling in that node, and this means unhappy customers because of low CPU and RAM. Therefore, migration can not be considered as solution, fixing the node or recreating it from scratch are obvious solutions.

Thanked by 1fan
  • I have migrated to node2,but it can't boot up from CDROM to install the OS about 4days.

• The order link does not work. @ContraWeb

• @nesqa2007 said:
    The order link does not work. @ContraWeb

I don't get it. People here complain and complain and want refunds, yet you desire to order from them. Indeed, humans are all different.

• mkvmkv Member

Okay, count me in. The same here. VPS terminated but I can (so far) access my account. This reminds me of the Rus Foster mayhem in 2009 when VAServer client base was hacked.

• mkvmkv Member
    edited March 2017

And, for the record, I will definitely check mollie.com's (the payment was made using that payment gateway) fraud policy.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2017

@mkv said:
    And, for the record, I will definitely check mollie.com's (the payment was made using that payment gateway) fraud policy.

@ContraWeb does not support PayPal or Mollie, so it will not matter if you complain to any payment processor.

• any stock left?

• mkvmkv Member
    edited March 2017

@default: When I ordered my VPS the credit card payment was processed by Mollie and I can find the payment in the mollie.com payment database. Checked already. It may well be that ContraFraud switched payment processors within one month. Anyhow, fraud will be processed by the credit card company, anyhow. Been there.

Whatever the case I have never before seen such behaviour with a VPS supplier...

So it's all over with ContraWeb? No more hope? If so, it was short-lived.

• BaldrBaldr Member

My VPS is working and i hope it will be work in future.

@Baldr said:
    My VPS is working and i hope it will be work in future.

Okay, I guess that it's rather a case of "some VPSes are working, whereas others are not", with little or no communication from ContraWeb about what is happening.

• mkvmkv Member

The VPSes are not only "not working" but they have been terminated and cannot be activated at all. And yes, the radio silence is absolute.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Terminated here too. Let the refunding begin... again!

@default said:
    Terminated here too. Let the refunding begin... again!

My theory: @ContraWeb signed up too many people on the cheap plan, more than they had intended to, they had technical problems, they couldn't resolve the technical problems quickly enough, and now they just don't care anymore.

• LESLES Member
    edited March 2017

Got my money back (paypal)

Scam provider should be banned @jarland

Thanked by 1default
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2017

I also request a ban for this provider, @jarland

• @ContraWeb could you give us a time when you can resolve the problems.

I am waiting too long and you have not any explain.

• @triaqu said:
    @ContraWeb could you give us a time when you can resolve the problems.

I am waiting too long and you have not any explain.

Stop waiting. Just grab the refund while you still can.

We are way past that moment when we are waiting for a fix. Services got terminated without notice, support tickets are read then put on hold without answers, official website provided no announcements, PayPal and Mollie were removed from payment methods.

Didn't you get it?! It's a race for your own money now. Grab that refund while you still can.

• Another voice to the choir. I had picked one of these up to test configuration for learning best practice in preventative security measures; the speed was super zippy and that impressed me. Over night my service was terminated without warning or notice.

Disappointed; wouldn't want to continue using them because given that my uses were completely honest, I feel they are now untrustworthy.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2017

It seems people are unhappy on Facebook too, and ContraWeb cares about that page since they bother to actually reply to reviews there. It seems that "1 star" on Facebook reviews it's the only way to get their attention now.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ContraWeb/reviews/