Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year | - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year |

Comments

• I would also like in on this please

• elixirelixir Member
    edited June 2018

Hi OP, was travelling last month so could not initially order - please count me in for 1 VPS when available.

• @ContraWeb said:

@ucxo said:

@ContraWeb said:
    Hello, we are not selling these plans anymore.

What about your earlier announcement?

@ContraWeb said:

@ben1390 said:
    @ContraWeb Do you have any idea when you're likely to have some more in stock?

Tuesday the 28th. :-)

I can make a exception for a few people, but we're not selling in large quantities anymore.

Helpticket bekijken #594803

• @qq7119 said:

@ContraWeb said:

@ucxo said:

@ContraWeb said:
    Hello, we are not selling these plans anymore.

What about your earlier announcement?

@ContraWeb said:

@ben1390 said:
    @ContraWeb Do you have any idea when you're likely to have some more in stock?

Tuesday the 28th. :-)

I can make a exception for a few people, but we're not selling in large quantities anymore.

Helpticket bekijken #594803

We are not making any exceptions anymore, this deal is over.

We will come with another good deal soon. :-)

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited March 2017

Are servers down?

• @Anna_Parker said:
    Are servers down?

Everything is up from our side, please open a ticket.

• @ContraWeb Please View Ticket #566637

• ContraWeb said: Everything is up from our side, please open a ticket.

hey guys,My server can't connect,Please don't delete my report Ticket again! #625878 #741534

• Are these guys dead pooling already? My VPS has been down for a few days and looks like there's a few of us affected.

My first ticket on this (#544454) has been deleted or somehow lost. New ticket now: #397176 .

The service has never been stable - the host has rebooted and my VPS chopped off at the knees a few times since the offer. They blamed a Control Panel issue for it after the first two times it happened.

• @poolroom said:
    Are these guys dead pooling already? My VPS has been down for a few days and looks like there's a few of us affected.

My first ticket on this (#544454) has been deleted or somehow lost. New ticket now: #397176 .

The service has never been stable - the host has rebooted and my VPS chopped off at the knees a few times since the offer. They blamed a Control Panel issue for it after the first two times it happened.

Same here. VPS has been offline for 40 hours. Opened a ticket(Ticket ID: 554294) and been deleted now. I'll open a ticket again, wait and see.

• ucxoucxo Member

Odd. I've got two of their €8.50 VMs and both haven't had any issues since a half-hour downtime on 2017-02-28…

Ticket reply times do fluctuate a little, but I usually got a reply within less than a day (sometimes even within an hour).

For future reference, here's a status page with my two VMs: https://stats.uptimerobot.com/5yrz6CxKR
    I reset the stats recently because I reinstalled them and didn't want to include that in the downtime figure.

• Weird. I put a ticket in a week ago and didn't get a response so I chased it up two days ago, only to log in and find that the ticket had been deleted today. My server has not worked since I got it (OS not booting even after multiple reinstalls and bootloader reinstalls) so it's a little disappointing.

Can anyone use the HTML5 VNC, as that also appears to be broken (code 1006) for me?

• Update: I put in another ticket this morning and it has also been deleted. I'm starting to get a bit worried now

• Tonight, I sent 2nd support ticket and ask a question (why delete 1st support ticket and no response for vps is down)
    20 minutes later, my account had been deleted totally!!!

Did they have the qualification and own Provider tag on LET forums?

• fanfan Veteran

Mine is up and running, but an explanation is welcome. @ContraWeb

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Fatal Error: SSH Error: Connection to the server was lost after 2 attempts. Please try again.

I need explanation too!

• Mine is down 2 days now. Ticket #151202 deleted. :(

• I would rather believe they have a bug on their system. My ticket got deleted and I can not login immediately after I created ticket.
    I will wait couple more hours.

• A SDD of the Virtpanel node died we lost the data of about +-15VM's, we are trying to get the data back.

Please open a ticket if you need more info.

We are NOT active on this forum anymore so please don't PM me because we won't answer.

• we can not open ticket there, all tickets get lost immediately after create.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited March 2017

@rainlake said:
    we can not open ticket there, all tickets get lost immediately after create.

No problems here:

• nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited June 2018

I was initially on the first node and then got migrated to the second(?) node because I needed IPv6 and Virtpanel was broken (at least for IPv6). It was literally a fresh VPS creation but not much of a hassle for me since I hadn't really done much with my VPS.

After that I've had no problems barring a couple of reboots (I think related to some network updates etc.).

Other than the odd network issue here and there (packet loss for a bit), I've not had any troubles so far. Initially I did have tickets which were responded pretty promptly by OP and after setup, I've really not raised any tickets at all.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2017

I am also affected by this downtime / ssd failure whatever. Node 01, the virtpanel one...
    Haven't noticed because not monitoring closely, as there was nothing on it (lucky me).

opened a ticket asking for recreation/migration and @contraweb did this within minutes. now on node 02 / solus, new IP and such, but that luckily doesn't bother me for this time.

can't tell what to make out of it alltogether, going to reinstall and have a look into performance of the VM on that node... figured I need to use java vnc - uah.

PS: of course an announcement to affected customers right as the incident happened would have been the right way. only seen from my observium that the server has been down 2 days already...

• well, this is what I get, I can not create new ticket anymore since they either deleted my account or bug in their system
    http://imgur.com/81LocUJ
    http://imgur.com/teIaY4c

• seems I can not post picture, here is the link
    http://imgur.com/a/aGRHC

• I think it could easily be solved with an announcement, appologies, and users recreating reinstalling their OS. Bad things happen with this imperfect world.

The thing that strikes me is why was user information lost in the first place? OK, customers lost their data on VPS with no backup by ContraWeb, but configurations were lost too with no backup whatsoever?

Right here I smell something coming from a bull... (you know what it is).

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Never met any situations like ssd failure on a node could lead to tickets being deleted...So they have time to delete ticket but no time to make an announcement? My two tickets has been deleted and all I asked was what's going on...

• ContraWeb said: We are NOT active on this forum anymore so please don't PM me because we won't answer

I think you need to get active on this forum. It was good enough to use when you wanted to make the offer. Putting your head in the sand isn't the answer here and your business reputation is going to mud without your input.

ContraWeb said: Please open a ticket if you need more info.

My VPS has gone, I need more information and you've deleted the previous 2x tickets I've raised requesting information.

You have my information. If the VPS is lost where is your effort at communicating the problem and an update to a solution? I can restore it from backup, that's not an issue. I can't work with silence.

• a3Brena3Bren Member
    edited March 2017

Kinda agree with poolroom.

And Open a new ticket and told them you are OK with data loss, they will recreate vps on a new node for you.
    Thats what my ticket got reply. By the way, their reply mention they are recoving all data now.

@ContraWeb said:
    A SDD of the Virtpanel node died we lost the data of about +-15VM's, we are trying to get the data back.

Please open a ticket if you need more info.

We are NOT active on this forum anymore so please don't PM me because we won't answer.

Wondering why my ticket got deleted the first time.
    I think your customer need an answer or explanation.
    Hiding is not a solution, Everybody makes mistakes.

Edit: quote format. Comment is not phone friendly.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • My account has been deleted. I couldn't help but wonder that how can I open a support ticket in this situation?
    http://prntscr.com/ejum9o

What kind of hosting company have time to delete support ticket (no response, TWO support tickets all has been deleted) then delete customer account?