Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year | - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year |

15678911»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

default said: Right @Nekki. I shall sleep well tonight knowing that ContraWeb is no longer a provider on LET. Thank you.

I'd suggest next time you see such an injustice that haunts your every waking moment, you might consider raising an LET helpdesk ticket to ensure the fastest possible response.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Nekki said:

default said: Right @Nekki. I shall sleep well tonight knowing that ContraWeb is no longer a provider on LET. Thank you.

I'd suggest next time you see such an injustice that haunts your every waking moment, you might consider raising an LET helpdesk ticket to ensure the fastest possible response.

I wanted to try that, but I am a cheap bastard that doesn't want to pay helpdesk.com for their service.

• williewillie Member

I just called my card company, my refund (including transaction fees etc) posted on May 7. Thanks @ContraWeb!

• Some people here are so unkind and angry
    Behind a computer behaving like asshole.
    These people are as good as the keyboard.
    Period

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • YuraYura Member

@Letisbest said:
    Period

That is the strangest and most cryptic insult I ever heard.

Thanked by 2ucxo vimalware
  • @Yura said:

@Letisbest said:
    Period

We need to learn from @Nekki. Some people in this thread "have mild brain damage."

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Yura said:

@Letisbest said:
    Period

Maybe those of us with top-quality keyboards should consider it a compliment?

• YuraYura Member
    edited May 2017

@doghouch, @Nekki, I don't know guys. I feel that this "keyboard" metaphor stuff is way over my head. And yes, I built my own split keyboard with hand picked switches, caps, custom CNC machined case, and all that jazz. Still, none the wiser.

The only way to stop cognitive dissonance for me is to begin shaking annoying people's hands and telling them they are "as good as the keyboard" with a big smile on my face. My smile would make them assume it's a compliment, but little do they know...

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Yura +1 to that :P

• defaultdefault Veteran

And a discussion about a provider has now become a complex psychological discussion about keyboards and how can such objects be compared with humans, in order to discretely offend people, without taking a blame for it.

Good luck with that intelligent or moral discussion. I shall now Unbookmark this topic.

• 8nation8nation Member

ContraWeb said: don't worry i will leave this forum as soon as everything is solved

Please reconsider that. Anyone who's been around IT long enough knows how stressful the job can be and we don't make the best decisions under those conditions. You knew you wouldn't get a loving reception to show up here again but you did it and for the right reasons. That takes some spine and a clear view of what's right.

For all the complaints nobody here has lost a fortune on this offer, except maybe yourself. We've just been running off because it looked like another provider taking advantage.

If you were to give it some time and make another offer you'll get some howls of protest, but you'll get some people that will take you up on it too. Build on that, show that you've got what it takes, rinse and repeat.

I hope you hang around and make another offer. But either way, thanks for coming back and doing the right thing.

• YuraYura Member

@ContraWeb said:

@Yura said:
    @Contraweb, my ticket is 202480. My invoice #441, paid with PayPal

I got no refund. I opened ticket for refund but have not even receive a copy to my email.

Are you going to refund me?

Hey Yura, i responded to your ticket 8 hours ago.

That u didn't receive a copy to your e-mail is possible, our e-mail server whas down earlier today.

12 days later - no refund.

@Contraweb

• is this still available?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@maldovia said:
    is this still available?

"Fucking hell son." (To quote @Nekki)

Thanked by 2brueggus joeri
  • @Yura said:

@ContraWeb said:

@Yura said:
    @Contraweb, my ticket is 202480. My invoice #441, paid with PayPal

I got no refund. I opened ticket for refund but have not even receive a copy to my email.

Are you going to refund me?

Hey Yura, i responded to your ticket 8 hours ago.

That u didn't receive a copy to your e-mail is possible, our e-mail server whas down earlier today.

12 days later - no refund.

@Contraweb

PM

• @poolroom said:

ContraWeb said: don't worry i will leave this forum as soon as everything is solved

Please reconsider that. Anyone who's been around IT long enough knows how stressful the job can be and we don't make the best decisions under those conditions. You knew you wouldn't get a loving reception to show up here again but you did it and for the right reasons. That takes some spine and a clear view of what's right.

For all the complaints nobody here has lost a fortune on this offer, except maybe yourself. We've just been running off because it looked like another provider taking advantage.

If you were to give it some time and make another offer you'll get some howls of protest, but you'll get some people that will take you up on it too. Build on that, show that you've got what it takes, rinse and repeat.

I hope you hang around and make another offer. But either way, thanks for coming back and doing the right thing.

Thanks for the support, but even if i wanted to the admins probably won't allow me to post more offers.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@ContraWeb said:
    but even if i wanted to the admins probably won't allow me to post more offers.

How did you guess?

• xiaoqzxiaoqz Member

website
    File not found.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@xiaoqz said:
    website
    File not found.

"Fucking hell son."

credits go to @Nekki and @angstrom

seriously, wtf...

Thanked by 2angstrom joeri
  • @brueggus said:

@xiaoqz said:
    website
    File not found.

"Fucking hell son."

seriously, wtf...

Have you got the new link for me to order?

@xiaoqz said:
    website
    File not found.

"You really haven't been paying attention, have you?" (To quote @angstrom)

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@brueggus said:

@xiaoqz said:
    website
    File not found.

"Fucking hell son."

seriously, wtf...

Have you got the new link for me to order?

"Fucking hell son." (To quote @Nekki)

Thanked by 1joeri
  • YuraYura Member

Refund received

• WilliamWilliam Member

No idea how i missed that thread. Much fun.

ContraWeb said: with outgoing (d)dos attacks, sending spam

Aka: I have no idea how to filter network traffic despite selling services based on a bridged network because i have no actual routing hardware and just L2 to my upstream/DC

ContraWeb said: and hosting some other illegal content which costed me allot of money

Aka: I have no serious contract with my datacenter, no idea of liability laws in my country and my IP supplier has no idea of his laws either

ContraWeb said: we used Virtpanel, a hosted control panel. They are still in beta and they use unstable software: thinpool for instance what caused dataloss and data corruption, this caused us to lose a bunch of Virtual Private Servers.

Aka: I use untested beta software for production services and have no idea how to fix underlying infrastructure like a ZFS data store/pool

ContraWeb said: After that we got into some issues with PayPal because of the many Chinese / Japanese transanctions we received, our PayPal got blocked. It took a while till we were able to use the money that whas paid for the LowEndTalk deal.

Aka: I never sold stuff to foreigners before and exceeded the usual received amount in PayPal as i did not ask before to higher it or the company/account is new

ContraWeb said: and that we will refund the full paid amount but not everyone used a real e-mail adress

Aka: My billing panel does not require verification of email addresses used by customers

ContraWeb said: if it whas really my intention to scam a bunch of people i wouldn't came back to this forum i can just start a whole new company within 1 day, it's that simple in the Netherlands

Aka: I have no idea that all data is public available and recorded in my country

• ContraWebContraWeb Member
    edited May 2017

@William said:
    No idea how i missed that thread. Much fun.

ContraWeb said: with outgoing (d)dos attacks, sending spam

Aka: I have no idea how to filter network traffic despite selling services based on a bridged network because i have no actual routing hardware and just L2 to my upstream/DC

ContraWeb said: and hosting some other illegal content which costed me allot of money

Aka: I have no serious contract with my datacenter, no idea of liability laws in my country and my IP supplier has no idea of his laws either

ContraWeb said: we used Virtpanel, a hosted control panel. They are still in beta and they use unstable software: thinpool for instance what caused dataloss and data corruption, this caused us to lose a bunch of Virtual Private Servers.

Aka: I use untested beta software for production services and have no idea how to fix underlying infrastructure like a ZFS data store/pool

ContraWeb said: After that we got into some issues with PayPal because of the many Chinese / Japanese transanctions we received, our PayPal got blocked. It took a while till we were able to use the money that whas paid for the LowEndTalk deal.

Aka: I never sold stuff to foreigners before and exceeded the usual received amount in PayPal as i did not ask before to higher it or the company/account is new

ContraWeb said: and that we will refund the full paid amount but not everyone used a real e-mail adress

Aka: My billing panel does not require verification of email addresses used by customers

ContraWeb said: if it whas really my intention to scam a bunch of people i wouldn't came back to this forum i can just start a whole new company within 1 day, it's that simple in the Netherlands

Aka: I have no idea that all data is public available and recorded in my country

That's also a way to look at it. :-)

• ContraWebContraWeb Member
    edited May 2017

I'm going to leave LowEndTalk now.

Thanks @ishaq for allowing me to come back to this forum to explain the situation.

For the people who still have a issue please open a ticket, i will make sure that i respond to them.

• @ContraWeb said:
    I'm going to leave LowEndTalk.

Thanks @ishaq for allowing me to come back to this forum to explain the situation.

For the people who still have a issue please open a ticket, i will make sure that i respond to them.

Goodbye farewell my friend. Thank you for your enlightenment and drama you brought to our boring lives.

I hope you have learned and return one day with more unsustainable or cheap offers