Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year | - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ContraWeb KVM SSD VPS | €8.50/Year |

Comments

• singhighsinghigh Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanked by 1joeri
  • Are the 4x SSDs in some kinda RAID configuration?

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • Is 21% VAT applicable on non-EU customers as well? Also, your terms of service do not have an english version.

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited February 2017
  • That's obvious, but I wouldn't trust Google Translate for a legal document which has an impact on services that I'm buying ... call me paranoid :-)

• ofc, was a prank :) (i know you can use that too) agree with your statement 100%

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

MagicalTrain said: IPv6 doesnt work, as stated above. (just thought id include it)

Tracing route to mirror.dataone.nl [2a02:6c8:1::2]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms 1 ms p200300E5ABC8D530E26066FFFE8E9B40.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [2003:e5:abc8:d530:e260:66ff:fe8e:9b40]

2 14 ms 13 ms 29 ms p200300E5ABBF08D50000000000000001.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [2003:e5:abbf:8d5::1]
    3 Destination host unreachable.`

This has nothing to do with @ContraWeb , this is DTAG being unable to establish proper routing to Cogent. I'm fighting with their customer service for more than a year about this. Try pinging www.cogentco.com or www.videolan.org . Same result.
    I'd really appreciate if you could call them and talk to them about this. The more people complaining about this, the more likely they'll fix it. At least I hope so.

And keep calm when they tell you that your AV scanner is the reason or that such issues don't matter, because the Internet is faster if you use IPV4 anyway.

Thanked by 1MagicalTrain
  • @brueggus The route to dataone seems to go over GTT for me, not cogent. At least for ipv4. Though I havent really had any issues with cogent either in the past. Any that I know of at least. Do you know cogent related hosts I could try pinging to see if its an issue for me?

The speed issue fixed itself by now btw, though GTT is still giving me slight package loss.

MagicalTrain said: Do you know cogent related hosts I could try pinging to see if its an issue for me?

Try pinging www.cogentco.com or www.videolan.org.

Thanked by 1MagicalTrain
  • @als said:
    Any chance of UK location?

@advarisk said:
    Is 21% VAT applicable on non-EU customers as well? Also, your terms of service do not have an english version.

Non eu customers don't have to pay VAT.

English version of website is comming we translated about 50% by now.

• We don't deliver any IPv6 adresses anymore to this package till all issues with IPv6 are fixed. Please remember this when ordering.

• Price now says 8.50 euro, I couldn't resist trying to order, but payment screen went into a refresh loop saying:

"Please wait while you are redirected to the gateway you chose to make payment... "

Refreshed at least a dozen times, waited 1-2 minutes. I'm probably lucky since another VPS is the last thing I need, but may try again tomorrow.

@willie I had the same issue. An invoice should have been generated in your client area and you should be able to pay it from there.

• the price are cheap but it will be nice if ipv6 and its rdns is working with this package :)

• @cybersans said:
    the price are cheap but it will be nice if ipv6 and its rdns is working with this package :)

rDNS is working.

• i mean rdns for ipv6 ;)

@ContraWeb said:

@cybersans said:
    the price are cheap but it will be nice if ipv6 and its rdns is working with this package :)

rDNS is working.

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

brueggus said:

@willie I had the same issue. An invoice should have been generated in your client area and you should be able to pay it from there.

Thanks. I found the invoice in the client area, went to CC payment gateway "mollie.nl" which I'd never heard of but which looks like stripe's popup. Tried to pay and card was declined. I guess I'll call the card company.

Also: amount that mollie.nl tried to charge was 9.04 euro rather than 8.50. No big deal about the 0.54 but I thought the card fee was now built into the listed price.

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

OK, got the payment working and received several confirmation emails written in Dutch. One of them included the client area password I supplied (oops!) but none had the IP address. I was able to get that from the client area, then figured out how to reach the control panel from the client area to install the OS. Interesting that Debian 7 minimal is 374MB but Debian 8 minimal is 1.8gb or so. I picked Debian 8 but might downgrade to 7 since 10gb of ssd is not really all that much.

I changed the client area password and thankfully didn't get another email containing it in the clear. OP, please fix that it's sent the first time ;-)

I don't see anything about 2-factor authentication but I guess that's normal for something like this.

Control panel is Virtpanel which I'd never seen before. I clicked the "powered by" and saw how expensive it is, despite apparently being cheaper than Solus. Seems like an opportunity, meh ;-)

Box came up ok and disk consumption was around 670MB, much less than the "advertised" 1.8GB or whatever. KVM template seems to have been supplied by virtpanel itself, which I won't worry about.

Looking good!

Thanked by 1ContraWeb
  • ContraWebContraWeb Member
    edited June 2018

@willie said:
    OK, got the payment working and received several confirmation emails written in Dutch. One of them included the client area password I supplied (oops!) but none had the IP address. I was able to get that from the client area, then figured out how to reach the control panel from the client area to install the OS. Interesting that Debian 7 minimal is 374MB but Debian 8 minimal is 1.8gb or so. I picked Debian 8 but might downgrade to 7 since 10gb of ssd is not really all that much.

I changed the client area password and thankfully didn't get another email containing it in the clear. OP, please fix that it's sent the first time ;-)

I don't see anything about 2-factor authentication but I guess that's normal for something like this.

Control panel is Virtpanel which I'd never seen before. I clicked the "powered by" and saw how expensive it is, despite apparently being cheaper than Solus. Seems like an opportunity, meh ;-)

Box came up ok and disk consumption was around 670MB, much less than the "advertised" 1.8GB or whatever. KVM template seems to have been supplied by virtpanel itself, which I won't worry about.

Looking good!

We do have 2-factor authentication within the client panel, unfortunately it's not yet implemented in VirtPanel.

• ContraWebContraWeb Member
    edited February 2017

We have had over 100+ orders and our servers are getting full, the deliver time may take a bit longer.

Edit: We can deliver instantly again.

• do you have lower plan?

eg. 256 MB ram

• custom iso mount available??

• ContraWeb said: We do have 2-factor authentication within the client panel,

Oh thanks, I found it under security settings.

• @nouman8 said:
    custom iso mount available??

Yes, but u need to request it through a ticket.

• @add_iT said:
    do you have lower plan?

eg. 256 MB ram

Yes, please PM me for it.

• please confirm when ipv6 is fixed, mine was deployed yesterday, but i have just do test today.

great vps

• I'm also having IPv6 issues.

root@zeta:~# traceroute6 google.com
    traceroute to google.com (2a00:1450:400e:804::200e), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
     1  2a06:7a01:12:21::1 (2a06:7a01:12:21::1)  0.818 ms  0.818 ms  0.813 ms
     2  * * *
     3  * * *
     4  * * *
     5  * * *
     6  * * *
     7  * * *

ContraWeb said: We have had over 100+ orders and our servers are getting full,

I guess it's time to say: "Congratulations!" LET is a tough place to come to for new providers and you have a critical audience here. Looks like you've taken this hurdle. Good luck for your business and hope to see more nice offers from you in the future!

Thanked by 3joeri willie default
  • @contraweb awesome deal !

Thanked by 1joeri
  • amsterdam1amsterdam1 Member
    edited February 2017

Why do you need to fill in the hostname and ns1/ns2 prefixes? Can they be edited after ordering? Haven't seen that at any VPS provider as mandatory fields.