Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QualityServers Announcement - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QualityServers Announcement

Comments

• Actually haven't had any emails from Quality Servers since my last invoice and ticket in September (and that includes not getting this announcement).

Already tried the password reset, neither email is recognised as belonging to an account.

• jhjh Member

@Basil said: Already tried the password reset, neither email is recognised as belonging to an account.

PM me your details.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Joel said: James, which one is xm11, so people know which to avoid purchasing ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/james.todd12/m.html?hash=item45ffeef745&item=300646594373&pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I guess we know how the refunds are being settled?

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Francisco said: I guess we know how the refunds are being settled?

We have cash in the bank for the refunds so we're not waiting for the hardware to sell, but the hardware sale will cover the loss and allow for some further investment in UKCloud

• I had one 512MB in US and one 128MB in UK, Both annual ...

I would like keep it... :(
    or I want to apply for refund -_-

• jhjh Member

@ghost said: I would like keep it... :(

or I want to apply for refund -_-

If you like our service I can try and work with you on the price of 2 cloud servers but if it was just the price then best to put in a refund as we're in general not catering to LEB clients any more.

• @jtodd said: we're in general not catering to LEB clients any more.

Should I try with another prediction? :) Your special offers will be back to LEB/LET sooner or later with attempt to get some money from LEB clients. And now let's wait and see :)

• jhjh Member

@Spirit said: Should I try with another prediction? :) Your special offers will be back to LEB/LET sooner or later with attempt to get some money from LEB clients. And now let's wait and see :)

"in general"

I'll probably still post the occasional offer but I will try and be selective with who it appeals to :)

• At the risk of teaching people to suck eggs; if XM11 is booting now, albeit not into a xen kernel, it might be an idea to back up the data?
    Possibly into a handy cloud service? :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: I'll probably still post the occasional offer but I will try and be selective with who it appeals to :)

What do you mean with that? Can you be more specific? Will you ask every potential LEB client what nick he/she use at LEB to see if his/her posts suits you?

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Aidy said: At the risk of teaching people to suck eggs; if XM11 is booting now, albeit not into a xen kernel, it might be an idea to back up the data?

Possibly into a handy cloud service? :)

Right now it's not responding to anything remotely, so I'll need to check it when I'm at the DC tomorrow. Of course if it just won't boot into a Xen kernel but fine in the normal kernel then that what we'll end up doing.

@Spirit said: What do you mean with that? Can you be more specific? Will you ask every potential LEB client what nick he/she use at LEB to see if his/her posts suits you?

I mean we won't be selling ourselves on price.

• AidyAidy Member
    edited January 2012

Sorry, must've misunderstood. Thought you said it was booting into a regular kernel!

• jhjh Member

@Aidy said: Sorry, thought you said it was booting into a regular kernel!

It was. The trouble is we were trying to implement a fix to enable it to boot into a Xen kernel so that everyone could just log in and grab their data. After going back and forth a few times with the KVM, I can't seem to send anything to it via KVM.

• tuxtux Member

@jtodd, Can you try boot XM11 with mainline 3.0 kernel?

• jhjh Member

@tux said: @jtodd, Can you try boot XM11 with mainline 3.0 kernel?

Sure, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm at the DC

• @jtodd Are any of the systems being auctioned on ebay those being used by VPS customers? The auction ends in less than 8 days. Do we have guarantees that the systems won't be sold before the end of the month?

• jhjh Member

@rchurch said: @jtodd Are any of the systems being auctioned on ebay those being used by VPS customers? The auction ends in less than 8 days. Do we have guarantees that the systems won't be sold before the end of the month?

The VPS nodes will be staying where they are until 31/01.

• japonjapon Member
    edited January 2012

@rchurch said: Do we have guarantees that the systems won't be sold before the end of the month?

The same guarantee you had when you signed up for a yearly contract in November 2011.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

What I say is based on my best knowledge at the time - in not infallible nor can I see the future.

I think this might be a worthwhile addition to my LET signature...

• @maxexcloo in first comment: what are you talking about? My VPS just disappeared from the net with all the data and code and everything. I had no way to recover anything. If I hadn't been deployed off site backup some months ago, I'd be screwed like hell... Sure, I upgrade to UK Cloud after this for more money.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd I am impressed with your last statement. You're first host who admitted publicly that you're unreliable and your word means nothing.

Does anyone got refund yet?

• @jtodd you made a promise on a support ticked when TheUKCluod started, that you will support old nodes, and i quote you "You can stay as long as you want on old nodes." Then what happed? Oh look, a HW failure. Ohh, screw it, I discontinue the whole brand. :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2012

@EdgarPE said: @maxexcloo in first comment: what are you talking about? My VPS just disappeared from the net with all the data and code and everything. I had no way to recover anything. If I hadn't been deployed off site backup some months ago, I'd be screwed like hell... Sure, I upgrade to UK Cloud after this for more money.

There's an old saying that good ol' Bush couldn't get right " fool me once, shame on [pauses] shame on you. Fool me [pauses] You can't get fooled again". While I didn't have a single bad point in how jtodd handled things when they were up, i'd for sure hope you'd consider a different host that's a little more honest if they're not able to honour an agreement.

@Heinz said: Does anyone got refund yet?

Did any of his ebay listings sell yet? I always questioned if he was collecting the tons and tons of yearly cash to fund something bigger. He claimed originally he required the 'dedication of a customer' since they didn't want to dump a lot of support/time into a drive by client - fair enough. Still, when I saw that and him selling his monthly customer base on WHT, I knew he was either really really hurting for cash or was needing funding for a new project.

It'd be great if people saw their refunds before the hardware sells (if ever, it is quite old), but I dunno.

Francisco

• jhjh Member

I made it clear that one of the reasons for the yearly deals was for a new project.

As already mentioned, we have cash in the bank for refunds. Given the extremely low price of these packages and the high percentage of clients who are upgrading were looking at a relatively little damage anyway.

If you're not happy just request your refund and go somewhere else. There's no need to keep pretending you don't understand that there have been mitigating circumstances here.

Since all of the genuine concerns have already been addressed and all that's left is for clients to wait a couple of days for refunds, I'll be leaving this thread now.

Thanks to the 95% who have been understanding and I wish everyone the best of luck with their next provider.

• Hang on, we're still waiting for news of xm11! :)

• @jtodd I have been looking at this issue of XM11 and there is something I can't quite get.

If a server is not coming up, the logical thing to do is to mount its hard disks in another system, pull of the customers volumes, tar them up and upload them into some FTP space and give them the download links.

I don't think you are approaching this the right way. If the hardware is dead, just get the data of it.

If the customers don't know how to copy a backup image into another partition, tough that is their problem, unless the service was a managed service, then it is your responsiblity

• I'd certainly be happy with that

• Yes I totally agree with rchurch and Aidy. tar of the volume is enough for me.

• It seems like tomorrow we will be refunded.
    I think! :p

@jtodd you most likely mentioned somewhere but I would rather ask to be sure. You said "Get your data if you still can" and "I would urge you to move now to avoid problems" in your initial announcement and I am wondering - will be pre-paid clients billed for january 2012 also or this month "in transition" will be refunded too? Is January counted as active service month?

• tuxtux Member

@Spirit said: @jtodd you most likely mentioned somewhere but I would rather ask to be sure. You said "Get your data if you still can" and "I would urge you to move now to avoid problems" in your initial announcement and I am wondering - will be pre-paid clients billed for january 2012 also or this month "in transition" will be refunded too? Is January counted as active service month?

I have asked same question and he said no refund.

Thanked by 1Spirit