Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QualityServers Announcement - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QualityServers Announcement

Comments

• I've been with qualityservers for a while now and have to say while disappointed with the news, I'm happy to have been given a heads up to get stuff sorted. I've been caught out with other providers before and have to say the customer service I've had with them has been fantastic to date with next to no downtime. Hell, maybe I've just been lucky so far but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and look at their cloud options.

• @wallymcbride welcome to LET. It's always nice to see few minutes ago registered accounts in thread like this.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@pcan said: Your lowest cloud server offer is too expensive for a "buy and periodically test" use

Yes. PM me.

@VMPort said: WTF? That is unbelieveable, i expected more from a so called "Respectable" hosting company. If that doesn't get removed then this forum has gone to sh*t!

It was a bit crude.

@hammad said: Its what Called doing business without Planning ,

I know the thread's getting long now but I did comment on the fact that we did plan for some failures, but in this case we've just had far too many.

@Spirit said: All this was predicted already.

Yes it was, but you just got lucky with your prediction. You could have done the same with tarot cards.

@Spirit said: he knew that qualityservers wont surive when he posted all those special yearly offers

No I didn't. That's what I'm trying to explain here.

@Reetus said: This certainly smells a bit funny, my VPS has never been down in the 7 months that I've had it (That I've noticed).

Now his entire livelihood is at stake if he doesn't get rid of these servers.

So to confirm, the Hivelocity-hosted VPS's are included in this?

Unfortunately, pretty much, yes.

@Joel said: Me, I just think he's a young 20 year old who started a business early and has now grown a bit, had a bit of experience and is finally starting to understand the numbers in business don't lie, and right now those numbers long term aren't looking solvent.

Pretty much.

@Spirit said: That's not how things looks like. He's trying to save only new brand. All rest is just ballast which need to go. We have been useful to raise money for UKCloud but nothing more than that.

I should go to search for my question months ago when I asked him at LET why he so agressively advertise yearly qualityservers offers out of sudden. It was few weeks before he discontinued qualityservers.

I know that I said it would still be around and now it isn't - I'm admitting that however I said that based on what was going on at the time, which has changed this last week. It's a bit like promising to give you friend a lift and then your car breaking down - there are mitigating circumstances here.

• It's too bad to hear this from James, of all providers I didn't expect it from him.

You can be glad he's transparent to you about this, he could have easily sold his customers off without you noticing it.

gl with ukcloud, don't make the same mistake twice though.

Thanked by 2Joel tux
  • jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Heinz said: @wallymcbride welcome to LET. It's always nice to see few minutes ago registered accounts in thread like this.

(sarcasm)Instead of refunding clients, I hired a shill. Sorry about that!(/sarcasm) Are you even a customer? If you are, why can;t you just take your refund and find another host? If I were another host I'd be making a note of the difficult customers on this thread and trying to pick them out of our order queue - LowEndBudget + HighEndExpectations are a terrible, terrible mix.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: Yes it was, but you just got lucky with your prediction. You could have done the same with tarot cards.

This had nothing to do with luck. You started to sell those VPSs much under price out of sudden. You opened exactly SAME or even cheaper offer every week - with statement (and lie of course) that will be last. Sometimes twice in a week. For each one you said that it will be last... but then you continued with same offers.
    That was first sign when you became suspicious and I asked you what's your aim.. why do you collect money out of sudden that fast. You said that for future project. Ok..

Only few days after last ONE YEAR PRE-PAD QUALITYSERVERS offer at LET you cancelled qualityservers brand. I would call this unethical. And suspicious again. Then I asked you if you have attempt to keep old nodes. You said yes... but honestly I didn't believe you anymore. Especially when I saw how much you try/want your qualityservers clients to hook up at UKCloud. I expressed my doubts that you will keep old nodes more than once at LEB. You said opposite.

Then one of node failed. And one of my last posts ended with "I bet that sooner or later all non “cloud” nodes will follow that or another way to get rid of us."

And it happened.
    This has nothing to do with luck. It's actually pretty obvious. I knew it. And you knew it. And people here are naive, easily manipulated. Just because you opened this thread before some of your angry clients would this doen't make you honest. It doesn't make your exploiting of LEB community smaller - because yes, this is what you did.

• @jtodd said: If you are, why can;t you just take your refund and find another host?

Because you didn't refund anyone yet - just rough guess :)

• jhjh Member

@Spirit said: Because you didn't refund anyone yet - just rough guess :)

Buy another VPS now, move over and give it a couple of days for a refund. I'm dealing with customers who are staying first. To be honest if I'd had known your attitude and expectations are as they are I would have refused you service.

• @jtodd said: If I were another host I'd be making a note of the difficult customers on this thread and trying to pick them out of our order queue - LowEndBudget + HighEndExpectations are a terrible, terrible mix.

Hey, stop insulting us! We don't have HighEndExpectations but expectations to get service we paid for. You offered us some service, we paid for it and now this pre-paid service don't exist anymore. Is it too much to expect to get what was offered for our money? What do you see here as high end expectation? To get service which you offered us for our money?
    Don't you think that you're going too far with this insultive remark as you're the person which don't live up to the agreements you made with customers.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: To be honest if I'd had known your attitude and expectations are as they are I would have refused you service

So you blame me because you exploited me, my money to build UKCloud and then refused to offer me service which I paid? What a hypocrite. And my expectations to stay one year hosted with you because I accepted your offer and prepaid for one year? What is wrong with that? It's agreement between me and you and you don't respect it - that's all. It's not about my expectations so don't even try to use this as argument but about you knowingly took my money without aim to provide service for.

@jtodd said: To be honest if I'd had known your attitude and expectations are as they are I would have refused you service

And if your potential customers would know your attitude and future goals they wouldn't even order your service. You would still spam those pages on weekly basis to raise money for UKCloud.

• This can not of been an easy decision to make, their choice to close the legacy network prior to things getting far worse is surely the correct one.
    Annoying for those customers, agreed but that must be better than carrying on with now decaying servers which are not economical to maintain in their present state.

As a quick cash cow for their new venture this was obviously not the plan as prorata refunds are being offered.
    I hope those now currently looking for new VPS find a host who's customer service is as open and honest as QualityServers appears.

• It's starting to sound like just wants to sell the hardware because he has no money for UKCloud.

He has the hardware to supply us with services, just doesn't feel like doing so.

• @Spirit

I do feel for you too, believe me. I just feel for James on the business side of things, if something has to be done to prevent problems with your business well, it has to be done.

Im sure James has more at stake than the $10> that your paying for a VPS. Im not saying that makes the situation OK by any means, im just saying i would rather see a provider stay alive and loyal/honest to its customers than just run away with peoples money... Things could have been worse, you dont need me to tell you that.

• jhjh Member

@Heinz said: Hey, stop insulting us!

Stop insulting me then.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Reetus said: He has the hardware to supply us with services, just doesn't feel like doing so.

We would have to order it, at around £1000/server to do it properly (curse hard drive pricing). We would need about 10 servers minimum. So that's £10k + ongoing costs + several days to migrate everything over just to host a few lower end customers, who'd probably be angry anyway because of the dowtime, or about £1k to give them a refund. What would you have done?

• @VMPort said: I do feel for you too, believe me. I just feel for James on the business side of things, if something has to be done to prevent problems with your business well, it has to be done.

But he opened new Qualityservers special yearly prapaid deals at LET only days before he terminated Qualityservers brand. Where is honesty in that?

• wallymcbridewallymcbride Member
    edited January 2012

Thanks for the welcome.
    Reason i responded is I've been with them for a while now, few headaches and i've been getting good value for money so far. I'm not running anything mission critical so to speak (MInecraft server for a few friends, couple of websites and a blog on a XEN VM) and can live with a little downtime. If i was i'd probably have went for a physical host and expect to pay a lot more. I've worked in IT for a long time now and know things can go to hell in a handcart in the blink of an eye. I'm not saying i'm happy with the situation, I'm pissed i need to look at alternative options, but at least they're giving me some and for the time being I can still get at my data so maybe I'm in a better position than others here

• jhjh Member

@Spirit said: But he opened new Qualityservers special yearly prapaid deals at LET only days before he terminated Qualityservers brand. Where is honesty in that?

It was about 2-3 months I think.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: What would you have done?

So you decided: I will give some too good to be true deals to raise money for new brand and then... I will see what will happen further.

I don't care how much this and that cost you, it's your business choice what you offer. And you obviously offered us something what you can't afford to deliver. Why all those yearly prepaid offers every week as you know that you will discontinue qualityservers few weeks later? That you will need to deliver vps service for atleast one year but you're not prepared to invest a cent for that. No matter what you say you just used us, our money, to build UKCloud and then kicked us out.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited January 2012

I can't help but wonder... it only takes one post (3 at most counting replies to questions) to make one's opinion clear. I'm reading the same shit over and over again... when exactly do you folks plan to be satisfied that you've stated your opinion, move on, and let this man get back to work?

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Spirit said: So you decided: I will give some too good to be true deals to raise money for new brand and then... I will see what will happen further.

I don't care how much this and that cost you, it's your business choice what you offer. And you obviously offered us something what you can't afford to deliver. Why all those yearly prepaid offers every week as you know that you will discontinue qualityservers few weeks later?

This is where you're going wrong. This was not the plan. See my analogy about the car breaking down.

• @Aldryic said: when exactly do you folks plan to be satisfied that you've stated your opinion, move on, and let this man get back to work?

Seems that dead horse needs to be further beaten

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: This is where you're going wrong. This was not the plan

So plan was that those machines with constant problems (UK 2 node as example had problems whole time) or even without them will work permanently without investing cent into them?

• James, any news about xm11 yet? Do you think he will be back up and running this evening?

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Spirit said: So you expected that those machines with constant problems (UK 2 node as example had problems whole time) or even without them will work permanently without investing cent into them?

This month, for some reason most of our nodes have had at least 1 failed disk (after being fine for a long time), the same month that disk prices have gone up again with our suppliers. In addition, the risk of complete RAID array failure on the old nodes is higher than acceptable when a disk is replaced. We would literally need to replace everything which is not affordable or sensible for us, then migrate everything over, which on Xen is a very long process.

• jhjh Member

@Boeri said: James, any news about xm11 yet? Do you think he will be back up and running this evening?

KVM is giving issues. I'm still working on it and should have it up shortly.

• @jtodd does your cloud vps already for production services? i really want to make a try. and also maybe, you should take a look on your website design, for some reason i fell it's like OVH's site. :P

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Mon5t3r said: @jtodd does your cloud vps already for production services? i really want to make a try. and also maybe, you should take a look on your website design, for some reason i fell it's like OVH's site. :P

Technically it's still beta as we need to put a new switch in etc, but it's ready for general use yeah :)

I don't think it looks like OVH, but I like their website anyway, so thanks!

• yeah, maybe it's only from your nav tab menu + blue color. :P

just pm me if you've done with that "beta" status. :D i want to use it for hosting my family/friend website.

• jhjh Member

@Mon5t3r said: yeah, maybe it's only from your nav tab menu + blue color. :P

just pm me if you've done with that "beta" status. :D i want to use it for hosting my family/friend website.

It's really a very late beta. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, especially since everything's backed up to NAS.