Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What college degree do you have? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What college degree do you have?

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@libro22 said: BS in Comp Sci, major in Software Tech

@libro22 DLSU?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

BA in software engineering, MA in national security and now PhD in history (in progress)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@gbshouse said: PhD in history

Nice :)
    BTW, what does BS mean ? I can only think of bullshit...

• FreekFreek Member
    edited May 2013

@Maounique said: BTW, what does BS mean ? I can only think of bullshit...

Bachelor Student maybe? Else I think he meant BSc (Bachelor of Science)

I'm hoping to finish my BSc degree this summer.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

Bachelor of Science.

Really it all comes down to the type of job/role you have or want, self taught does not always mean correctly taught.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@W1V_Lee said: self taught does not always mean correctly taught.

Neither does school-taught :)

• @jopie91 opvoeding en opleiding are two different thing :P

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited May 2013

Erm...

BS in Civil Engineering - Water Resources. Going for my masters soon in Civil Engineering - Water Resources.

We study Hydraulics, Open Channel Flow, Wastewater Systems Management, Environmental Engineering, hell ask me anything about water and our modern infrastructure to provide water to most people and I'll know most answers.

Don't forget dam breach analysis and watershed analysis.

Everyone needs water :P

• @Ivan associates in IT with honors and about a semester shy from my BS in Business from Penn State my favorite college
    I'd like to stay in school forever

• @natestamm said: Penn State my favorite college

cough erm... I'm still in State College right now. Class of 2013.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie Why is water, water?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@vRozenSch00n said: @jopie91 opvoeding en opleiding are two different thing :P

I am aware. To my understanding, this thread is about the latter :)

• @HalfEatenPie I was in Maryland for the past two years doing photo work for bikini models what should I say about it
    Besides I've also taken classes at Kutztown University a close contender for my favorite also and it's just good to be back

• @joepie91 said: I am aware. To my understanding, this thread is about the latter :)

Agree :)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Maounique - yes :) thesis related to Viking influence on early medieval political system

• IvanIvan Member

Haha, studying water... sounds interesting.. Now I need me a cup of water.

I don't know why, but I can't wait to get in college. Public schools here in Malaysia really sucks, I do not like studying about Geography, my country's History and whatnot.
    "ICT" class here in my school happens like once a month, and it sucks so bad, because my teachers (who I bet know nothing of computers) just hand us handbooks that have exercises in them (create a slideshow with Powerpoint 2003, create a table with Exel 2003). They don't really even occur once a month, whenever it's time for ICT class we just go into the computer lab and everyone will browse Facebook or YouTube (with our teacher's permission) on a 1.6GHz computer connected to a slow 50KBps DSL connection that is shared with ~40 teachers and ~40 other computers in the lab.

• @HalfEatenPie You should come do an analysis on the dam in my city.

• @Fliphost said: Why is water, water?

Because I said so. The properties of Dihdryogen monoxide makes it what it is now.

@natestamm: Ahh, I thought you were still in State College. I actually came across a few hosts who also graduated from PSU on LET. Basically, PSU has one of the biggest alumni network in almost any industry, which is awesome for networking.

• @Ivan I think any one in school is doing the right thing it keeps you thinking
    Better that than you know
    Standing around asking for a hand out

• @Magiobiwan said: @HalfEatenPie You should come do an analysis on the dam in my city.

Which dam where? If its a major dam I probably already did an analysis on it. If not then I can look into it. Especially if its within the USA.

• @HalfEatenPie I am at a satellite campus But I have friends who have done really well for themselves after University
    One of my good friends has a great business for selling hair extensions at cuteti.com, one of the coolest cats I know

• @HalfEatenPie I actually just got my approval letter to return last week, I'm really psyched about it and like I dunno I'm doing well myself right now so now I want to do right by the college they need guys like us to carry the torch.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited May 2013

@natestamm said: @HalfEatenPie I am at a satellite campus But I have friends who have done really well for themselves after University

Which satellite campus?

@natestamm said: One of my good friends has a great business for selling hair extensions at cuteti.com, one of the coolest cats I know

Haha awesome.

@natestamm said: @HalfEatenPie I actually just got my approval letter to return last week, I'm really psyched about it and like I dunno I'm doing well myself right now so now I want to do right by the college they need guys like us to carry the torch.

Congrats! Yeah there's actually tons of great people who represent Penn State. Hell the CEO of Weebly is an alumni and I went to a talk recently when he was at our campus about how he started it! Some pretty interesting stories!

• bigcatbigcat Member

@vRozenSch00n said: in many South East Asian countries

Tell me about it, no degree means no interview for most IT position. Luckily this trend has changed a bit over the last few years and corporation start acknowledging professional certificate like LPIC and RHCSA.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

@joepie91 said: Neither does school-taught :)

Indeed, however for many roles, especially those where you are going to be an employee it's required, experience just won't cut it on it's own, right or wrong.

• @Ivan said: what college/uni do you go to?

I am currently studying in MMU (Multimedia University)

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited May 2013

Bachelor of Commerce/Arts (Pyschology/PACs - Peace & Conflict studies - or what you folks in US term Political Science)

nothing to do with what i do for a living LOL

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2013

I'm currently in the 4th semester of a Bachelor in Computer Science at a German university... 6 more semesters to go until i have my Master in CS :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I have.. nothing. At the moment, I am thinking of what I'd take at university, I'd probably take a degere in Civil Engineering or in Computer Science. Will be going to visit a few Civil Engineering companies to see if I actually like Civil Engineering as a day-to-day job.

• bigcatbigcat Member

@johnlth93 said: MMU...

You must be one of those Ah Beng hanging around during lunch hour at CFC =D