Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad sold? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad sold?

Comments

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Well

Their payment information was changed

Their website was moved to a new server

Their support is now run by the new company

I'd say thats as final as things get

Those are the easy part. Besides for that the paperwork has to finish being filed (I'm assuming though that this was finished before the actual payment information was changed), they could possibly want a grand/different way to introduce this news in their own way, they could also want the dust to settle first after the move, hell there could still be transition between the staff members (if they're changing staff members).

There's so many other reasons why it'd take a bit longer.

• @seriesn said: How about corporation ownership?

Yeah if they changed the stuff i mentioned before changing the corporation ownership they would be just dumb

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

I have on good knowledge that there is no ill will here and no reason they will not add to this thread when ready. People should probably just chill a bit.

No one is in hiding

• A company has been sold! My god, I'm going home to be with my family now, during these end of days.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said: A company has been sold! My god, I'm going home to be with my family now, during these end of days.

No one is complaining about it, its just a legit question?

• @HC_Ro said: No one is in hiding

I (am probably most other people here) don't assume that anyone is "in hiding" or some other sort of shady business. Root Level Technology seems to be a legit company.

It would however be desirable if we got an official statement as such takeovers often result in services being moved, terminated, etc.

• I'm an URPad customer. I've had my fair share of bad experiences when VPS companies changed hands so I obviously want to know what's going on and where we're headed.

• I understand 100% where all URPad customers are coming from. I can tell you form experience. No notifications will be sent out from the new owner till all the fine details have been worked out with Chris and them. All that we can at this time is wait to see if or when the new owners will be sending out an email.

• @pechspilz said: I'm an URPad customer. I've had my fair share of bad experiences when VPS companies changed hands so I obviously want to know what's going on and where we're headed.

Same here.

• PatsPats Member
    edited May 2013

@pechspilz said: where we're headed

to the root..

[root@buf1ny ~]# where is urpad.net
    -bash: where: command not found

Well now Curtis is suspending my accounts:

Suspension Reason: Your account was possibly hijjacked by Chris Fabozzi.

Yes Curtis, I have hijacked my own accounts.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Suspension Reason: Your account was possibly hijjacked by Chris Fabozzi.

LMAO! That must the epicest reason I have ever seen in my life.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

LOL

• MunMun Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Well now Curtis is suspending my accounts:

Suspension Reason: Your account was possibly hijjacked by Chris Fabozzi.

Yes Curtis, I have hijacked my own accounts.

Hmmmmmmmm, Chris hacked Chris. How did you do that? Did you steal chris's password, or were you just a good guesser?

Also, Curtis UMAD?

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited May 2013

@GetKVM_Ash said: Correct, though this was never mentioned before hand.
    @BradND said: Ewww migrating KVM to OVZ... that should be a jail able offence!

The reason why this had to happen was because of Ash's poor quality / cheap hardware. What caused it was that you where claiming to have RAID 10, when it turned out you where using RAID 0 and no raid, forcing them to migrate to new servers, however with the newer better hardware it would have resulted in increasing prices for current customers if they did not switch virtualization, which is a big no when acquiring a company.

So in summary Ash sold unsustainable services and lied to his customers.

So lets not slag UrPad off for having to clean up your mistakes :) Lets just hope your not lying to your current customers.

Oops.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2013

@LV_Matt said: So in summary Ash sold unsustainable services and lied to his customers.

Well, it's a good thing he's using a fake name doing it, then ;-)

@LV_Matt said: So lets not slag UrPad off for having to clean up your mistakes :) Lets just hope your not lying to your current customers.

Oops.

Nice :-D I like you.

• rds100rds100 Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Suspension Reason: Your account was possibly hijjacked by Chris Fabozzi.

Did you signup with your own name?

@rds100 said: Did you signup with your own name?

Its a company account.

• rds100rds100 Member

@CVPS_Chris said:

Its a company account.

Still a company account has a person name and a company name. Which company name did you use?

• MunMun Member

colocrossing?

Says Jeremiah, as he was the one who registered it. Its linked to his CVPS email and all the nameservers of the VPS are related to cvps.

Do you guys think I would allow him to still use his email/him not change the account to his new email if he was using it?

Going on 15hrs of downtime now. Ill expect a credit.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

Someone go and get Chief to sort this all out

Oh wait, forgot, CC owns this place now, damn, my memory keeps going.

• MunMun Member

they are probably looking at our PMs as well D:

• LeeLee Veteran

I think we have known for a while they are doing that.

@W1V_Lee said: CC owns this place now

Again, please show me the proof. No proof has been shown to explain these alligations. I am not confirming or denying it as I just dont know the real answer but would like to know the real answer.

All I have seen here over and over is conspiracy theories and no real proof. In fact I think this thread is the ONLY thread that has real hard facts and not made up rumors.

• MunMun Member

Due to how much @Chief bows down to everyone one of your DMCA emails I would say so. They don't do that for any other provider here.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: Again, please show me the proof. No proof has been shown to explain these alligations

You don't need proof for alligations, that would not make any sense.
    We can claim here whatever we want (as long as it is not slander or incriminating, which an alleged connection between 2 entities clearly isn't), if you don't like that better read your own damn constitution again.

Disclaimer: IANAL

• rds100rds100 Member

The winter is coming in Australia soon, how long can he be busy with these kites? I think they are only usable during the summer?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rds100 said: I think they are only usable during the summer?

Do they have winter in australia?

This discussion has been closed.