Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad sold? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad sold?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mojeda said: You absolutely have the right to know

If they are changing hands, they will not be able to speak about it in the process. There's a difference in your "rights" when read from a list of your opinions and your actual, legal rights. Such dealing are kept quiet for a variety of reasons that are much larger than how the individual feels.

• MunMun Member

@mojeda said: You absolutely have the right to know as well as their intentions with the the business. Are they going to continue? Will you have to move to another location in order to "consolidate" services? Are they going to close down shop and only wanted your data to sell to spammers?

All questions that would affect your service.

Exactly, we want to know those facts, but the purchaser of the business doesn't. So unless you have a contract you sorta are stuck. Though if they have legal ramifications if they don't inform you is a whole other story. blah blah blah stuff

• The website was using a nulled version of WHMCS before FTNHosting acquired ChromiumHosting.

• XFS_BrianXFS_Brian Member
    edited May 2013

@jarland said: If they are changing hands, they will not be able to speak about it in the process

I do have to agree. In most sales, and NDA is done between both parties. Once the sale is final, the new owner will normally, not in all cases, send out and email to the clients letting them know of the sale and the changes, if any, that will be taking place.

• 24khost24khost Member

ahhh. Ok, just found it interesting.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@Mun said: @FTNChris and @Manndude won't be coming in this thread to agree as it will only setup off a bomb.

@rds100 said: Interesting that both of them were active on LET just 10 minutes ago. Yet they don't comment on this thiread.

They will! If not sooner in some year or so when they will have new LEB offer under new company name and promise that they are here to stay and everything will be fine this time...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Has anyone with an unpaid invoice thought to raise a ticket to ask about the change of billing details?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2013

urpad.net goes to the default cPanel page...

• LAKidLAKid Member

@mpkossen no it doesn't.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2013

@mpkossen said: urpad.net goes to the default cPanel page...

Works fine for me

http://just-ping.com/index.php?vh=urpad.net&c=&s=ping! that's some serious packet loss

• upfreakupfreak Member

@mpkossen said: urpad.net goes to the default cPanel page...

The site is up but ssl on the order page fails.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2013

Weird, does for me on FF, not on Chrome. Must have fixed it fast :D Sorry. Was probably the move to a new server.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Could it be the reason why ridiculous deal lately? To build large clientbase?

• LAKidLAKid Member

@jcaleb must be...

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013
    ; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> urpad.net A
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    urpad.net.      300 IN  A   50.28.38.26

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;urpad.net.         IN  A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    urpad.net.      300 IN  A   50.28.38.26

bgp.he.net/ip/50.28.38.26#_dns

The following A records are set to 50.28.38.26:
    allstarwars.com, blacktop51.com, brookemartinphotography.net, cinemadeviant.com, conspiracydirective.com, dedifrance.com, envoycapcorp.com, ericsengbusch.com, gminsp.com, heathmandrums.com, hostandstore.com, houstonoverheadgaragedoor.com, icoinflips.com, jamieanderic.com, joeeschapirodance.com, johnswasey.com, kempercrabbmusic.com, legalcoding.com, lylefrancispadilla.com, maeganmorrow.com, markthebassplayer.com, marshalllaws.com, mission2mission.com, mission2mission.info, mission2mission.mobi, mission2mission.net, mission2mission.org, morrowmusictherapy.com, ns1.dedifrance.com, ns1.hostandstore.com, ns1.serversavior.com, ns2.dedifrance.com, ns2.serversavior.com...

It certainly doesn't help the case.

• mojedamojeda Member

@Kris said: bgp.he.net/ip/50.28.38.26#_dns

and rootlevelmedia.com, rootlevelrecords.com, rootlevelsandbox.com, rootleveltech.com, rootleveltechnology.com, ryanbirsinger.com, sengbusch.org, sengbuschandco.com, serversavior.com,

• I filed a ticket with them. I just want to know and stop guessing. I don't like the secrecy/shadiness. Just be honest and open about it.

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013

yeah

Got a tip from @Prestige (applicant) so I checked it out myself at : http://manage.hostandstore.com/ myself (hosted on the server)

• LeeLee Veteran

lol at all the people shouting about their rights but yet they obviously are not intelligent enough to know what rights are being violated.

• 24khost24khost Member

it has not been officialized kinda! we have a live chat log!

• KrisKris Member

@24khost - I think this should do it: http://bgp.he.net/ip/50.28.38.26#_dns

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

If no one's services are down, why not have a little patience and see if you get any answers? I have no idea what they're doing, but if they're selling I've got a mental picture of them in a room trying to sign papers while they barricade the door from a bunch of lonely kids trying to get in their faces.

Seriously, calm down people. If they've got an announcement to make, give them some time to type the darn thing. LowEndDetective syndrome is spreading a little too far these days.

• @jarland said: Seriously, calm down people. If they've got an announcement to make, give them some time to type the darn thing ;)

I would have agreed with you, had they not changed the PayPal details before making the announcement. I don't appreciate the secrecy. @MannDude has been here for sure after this thread was posted. It is being ignored. That's not my way of doing business. I've always been very happy with my URPad machine and their support. This, however, is a -1 for them :-(

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said: That's not my way of doing business.

They are required not to talk about it. It has happened in the past aswell.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited May 2013

@mpkossen said: It is being ignored. That's not my way of doing business. I've always been very happy with my URPad machine and their support. This, however, is a -1 for them :-(

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to talk about it for a while or something. It's a possibility they're waiting for everything to be finalized. This takes time.

• seriesnseriesn Member

So, a company got sold but transaction is still in process and corporation change can take a bit more time than regular summer host buyout, so announcement has been made yet. Isn't that how corporation works?

So why so much drama ?

• MunMun Member

Pokes @HalfEatenPie.

Here have some pie :)

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited May 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: It's a possibility they're waiting for everything to be finalized

Well

1. Their payment information was changed

2. Their website was moved to a new server

3. Their support is now run by the new company

I'd say thats as final as things get

• seriesnseriesn Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well

Their payment information was changed

Their website was moved to a new server

Their support is now run by the new company

I'd say thats as final as things get

How about corporation ownership?