Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad sold? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad sold?

Comments

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2013

@Mun said: 17361 Fragrant Rose Ct.

is not equal to:

17320 Huffmeister street.

I gotta go with @CVPS_Chris on this one. Home address VS business address maybe?

Besides, how much proof do you need? It says Root Level Technology, LLC on freakin' PayPal. Something is going on here.

• MunMun Member

Im just going to wait to see what happens as we can all sit here throwing things back and forth with no real (assurance)

• mojedamojeda Member

Plotted the addresses seen in this thread:

A: 17631 Fragrant Rose Court, Cypress, TX
    B: 17230 Huffmeister Rd, Cypress, TX
    C: 14914 Stonemeade Pl, Cypress, TX

A & C seem to be residential while B is Commercial...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, urpad ppl did go to bahamas...
    /troll

• rds100rds100 Member

Offtopic: i always wondered about US addresses and house numbers. Are there really at least 17631 houses / buildings on this street?

• KrisKris Member

@mojeda said: A & C seem to be residential while B is Commercial...

Agreed.

http://goo.gl/maps/xBUfV

http://goo.gl/maps/XaQHg

Little office suites.

@rds100 said: Offtopic: i always wondered about US addresses and house numbers. Are there really at least 17631 houses / buildings on this street?

The venetians invented house numbers and they were numbered at random not by street, americans probably do the same, those are teh addresses in a town, not on the street.

• LeeLee Veteran

Well if it has been sold things could get interesting in more ways than one, as secrets no longer need to be kept about some people.

• NickONickO Member
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RLT was interested in buying my previous business way back.

This has no bearing on this thread but I felt like commenting.

The end.

@Nick_A said: This has no bearing on this thread but I felt like commenting

I think it does, we dont know if the "bought" had the intention of selling, but we know the "buyer" had the intention of buying.
    IMO Urpad is worth a few bucks, but it depends how their books are looking.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2013

@Maounique said: The venetians invented house numbers and they were numbered at random not by street, americans probably do the same, those are teh addresses in a town, not on the street.

Yes, that could explain it. Here the numbers are unique only on the same street. And normally grow sequentially on the same street, odd numbers on one side of the street, even numbers on the other side.

In Bucharest there are 6 districts, each is run by own municipality and they give names to the streets, therefore there are a few cases of more than one street having the same name.
    Only a handful tho, but it gets confusing for the cab drivers, they must ask you which one :P

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

So is Chris on a rampage, trying to find as much dirt as possible on other providers and throw it all on LET in an attempt to make CVPS get more orders? Great...

• nunimnunim Member
    edited May 2013

@Maounique said: The venetians invented house numbers and they were numbered at random not by street, americans probably do the same, those are teh addresses in a town, not on the street.

Indeed, it is all random in America to an extent, every city has their own base point for their system as well. I know in the FL Keys, the houses are numbered based on their distance from Milermarker 0.

URPad was looking to purchase other companies weren't they? Odd they'd sell themselves, maybe some kind of merger?

• @mnpeep said: So is Chris on a rampage, trying to find as much dirt as possible on other providers and throw it all on LET in an attempt to make CVPS get more orders? Great...

No. He pays an invoice to Company A, to find out he's actually paying it to Company B. Just because it's Chris, doesn't mean he's out to throw dirt. He wants to know what's going on and truthfully, so do I.

• LeeLee Veteran

Hardly a big deal, won't be the first sale to take place In recent times much like this place going to cc

• mojedamojeda Member

@W1V_Lee said: Hardly a big deal

It kind of is a big deal for customers...

• LeeLee Veteran

Not really, when you are selling something that does actually have value there are always conditions attached and not disclosing information until a certain point is one of those, as many often say here, it's only 7 bucks!

• @W1V_Lee said: Not really, when you are selling something that does actually have value there are always conditions attached and not disclosing information until a certain point is one of those, as many often say here, it's only 7 bucks!

I have to agree with @mojeda. If you data is going to another company, you just have to be told beforehand so you can prevent it if you don't want that to happen. I'm not saying it's a big deal for me, but I can definitely understand it a big deal for others.

The only-7-bucks-argument is completely unrelated to this.

• FYI Chris you removed the invoice number in the first post but it's still visible in the screenshot of the PDF.

Anyway this is interesting, curious to see what the UrPad people have to say about it.

• much like this place going to cc

shove enterprises bought this place not cc :P

...now back to the "brapad sold?" topic...

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

root level is another AIG I guess.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

no words yet from urpad guys?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited May 2013

root level is another AIG I guess.

you mean EIG (BlueHost,HostGator, Dotster and dozens more). AIG is the insurance company that helped destroy the world economy

• jcalebjcaleb Member

is AIG owned by warren buffet?

• NickONickO Member

@mpkossen said: If you data is going to another company, you just have to be told beforehand so you can prevent it if you don't want that to happen

When a company employees a new employee, do they have to tell you?
    Would be interested under what act or law this is.

• marcmmarcm Member

While I like to have as much fun as everyone else and every now and then post a funny meme or two, at the end of the day what's the point of this this thread? Why does it matter if URPad got sold? Is anyone seriously affected by this? Is it worth gossiping over? Just my two cents of course.

I don't really know how to continue this...

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said: is AIG owned by warren buffet?

Nope, I think he has like less than 1 share. Not entirely sure how he is involved with AIG, but I know he is loaded. Yes AIG is the insurance company I am aware :)

• rds100rds100 Member

When a company or part of a company is sold - it's not a big deal. Some companies are even publicly traded so everyone can buy or sell shares every day. This should not concern the customers of the said company.

On the other hand if a company is sold and then closed and the customers are transferred to a new company - this is important. The customers must know.
    Having the payment recepient changed hints that maybe the old company will be closed and the customers transferred to a new company. If this is the case - the customers must know.

This discussion has been closed.