Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet

Comments

• Ordered C2D - got a E6300.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

@bcrlsn said:
    Is the IPMI like ILO?

Yes

@bcrlsn said:
    If anyone wants a Dual Core Atom or Pentium D, I have both available!

How long left on Atom? If it's due expiration I'll take it off your hands free

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@Patrick - Expires June 2nd.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

I'm keeping it til I get my new Xeon dedi.

• PatrickPatrick Member

@bcrlsn said:
    Patrick - Expires June 2nd.

Can you PM me if your going to ditch it, no rush. Would be happy to take it off your hands

• ranieranie Member

I ordered a C2D with a 1Tb disk for $30. Got a E7400 and a free upgrade to 4Gb ram. I don't really need it. So if anyone wants it for like $25 (renew Jun/13/2013)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

@Jack said:
    Patrick if you are looking for dev box's let me know I might be able to get you something cheap in the UK.

$19/mo? Can be anywhere really as it's mostly web dev and sites load quick back to UK from kansas

thanks

• PatrickPatrick Member

@Jack said:
    12 Quid might be a push if you could bump it by another 12 you might get something ;)

I'll give it a miss, @bcrlsn offered his Atom so taking that in a few days

Thanks though :-)

• Does this come with IPv6?

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited May 2013

@ranie said:
    I ordered a C2D with a 1Tb disk for $30. Got a E7400 and a free upgrade to 4Gb ram. I don't really need it. So if anyone wants it for like $25 (renew Jun/13/2013)

@ranie If you would take 20, I would take it.

Edit: Actually I take that back, I just looked and it seems that it does not support Intel VT but mine does so I will keep that one.

• earlearl Member

@ranie said:

does the E7400 have Intel vt?

• @wilbo said:
    Say that 10 times fast.

I did it wasn't that hard. This one was nail biting next time maybe too busy with web work to do what I want with it.

• got an e8200 on my C2D, no ram upgrades though

• ranieranie Member

@earl The E7400 i have supports VT-x but sadly the MB bios do not :-(.
    Runs openvx fine on proxmox. Not KVM

• earlearl Member

@texteditor said:
    got an e8200 on my C2D, no ram upgrades though

Nice!.. this is probably the fastest C2D from WII so far.

@ranie said:
    earl The E7400 i have supports VT-x but sadly the MB bios do not :-(.
    Runs openvx fine on proxmox. Not KVM

Ah.. Maybe that's why they gave you a free RAM upgrade.. still a good deal thought if you don't need to virtualize.

• Does WI offer discounted cPanel licenses?

• earlearl Member

@matt_securedspeed said:
    Does WI offer discounted cPanel licenses?

cPanel licenses for a VPS is $10/mo, not sure about a dedi but I think it's $29/mo

• EricSEricS Member

I got a Pentium 4 HT 660 or 662 and 2Gb ram and oddly a perky 250Bb hard drive (73.5 MB/s)

• earlearl Member

@EricS said:
    I got a Pentium 4 HT 660 or 662 and 2Gb ram and oddly a perky 250Bb hard drive (73.5 MB/s)

That's pretty good for an older drive.. my 500 GB WD is only getting about 68MB/s. I think it's the larger cache in the newer drives that really improves the performance.

• earlearl Member

Wondering if anyone bought the L5520 server? what do you think about the server?

• ReeRee Member

@earl I bought one a month and a half ago or so. No problems so far (other than the problem that I don't know what to do with all of it!)

• earlearl Member

@Ree said:
    earl I bought one a month and a half ago or so. No problems so far (other than the problem that I don't know what to do with all of it!)

Haha.. yea same problem here, I have one from servercomplete with the same specs but it's $5 less.. this server is a beast!!

I'm thinking about moving over to WII, I think it's a faster network I can do 50MB/s with my C2Q at WII while at servercomplete I can only get 10MB/s they truly limit the port to 100Mbit.. that and the free DA I think it's worth the extra $5.

But Honestly SC has been nothing short of AWESOME! support wise they're very helpful and pretty quick to reply, they also offer a manage service just in-case I need to in the future, and their billing and server management panel is pretty neat.. the only thing is the network that bother's me! Oh and they also let you use your own drives!!

• ReeRee Member

@earl said: I'm thinking about moving over to WII, I think it's a faster network I can do 50MB/s with my C2Q at WII while at servercomplete I can only get 10MB/s they truly limit the port to 100Mbit.. that and the free DA I think it's worth the extra $5.

I think I saw the SC offer you're talking about, and it was only 1 IP IIRC so that's worth a couple bucks too since WII comes with 5.

WII support has been OK so far. There was a bit of a hiccup when I asked them to swap out the 1TB drive for 3 x 250GB drives, but nothing serious and it was resolved after another ticket.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@Ree said:
    I think I saw the SC offer you're talking about, and it was only 1 IP IIRC so that's worth a couple bucks too since WII comes with 5.

It actually comes with 5 IP's you can add them for free in the order form..but unfortunately the other 4 IP's you have to associate the MAC to IP so I guess they are not on a Private vlan like with WII, which is fine for me cause I use proxmox and this only applies to KVM, OVZ works like normal..

so they allowed you to swap the 1TB for 3x250GB for free? how is the IPMI/DRAC?

• ReeRee Member

@earl said: so they allowed you to swap the 1TB for 3x250GB for free? how is the IPMI/DRAC?

Yeah, 1TB drives go for $15/mo, 250GB drives for $5/mo, so sales was OK with it. As a bonus they ran out of 250GB drives so I actually have 1 x 250GB and 2 x 500GB for no extra charge!

DRAC web interface was slow as hell, hopefully I won't have a need to load it up again anytime soon! The remote console java applet worked well and was fast though -- installing ESXi took no time at all (although of course that depends on your internet connection's upstream speed).

• earlearl Member

@Ree said:
    1 x 250GB and 2 x 500GB for no extra charge!.

You're so lucky!! but I would have stayed with the 1TB I think it's newer with bigger cache.. I have a 500 GB WD Drive with my C2Q and the DD results was half or even less than that of the 1TB drives..

• nunimnunim Member

Anyone score something vt-x capable that they don't want to renew? I need a cheap dev server that can run Proxmox/KVM.

• earlearl Member

@nunim said:
    Anyone score something vt-x capable that they don't want to renew? I need a cheap dev server that can run Proxmox/KVM.

You probably need a C2D at the least.. so $25/mo

• WSI still selling these?? I can't find any order links...

• flyfly Member

look on webhostingtalk