Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet

Comments

• @earl said: I don't think the C2Q is too bad and the hard drive is less than a year old.. but yeah would prefer server grade hardware then these desktop computers..

It's almost as if you have to make some concessions if you wanna pay only $29 a month

• earlearl Member

@texteditor said: It's almost as if you have to make some concessions if you wanna pay only $29 a month

As a test box I think the price is great.. but really for an extra $10 you can get their 5420 deal and you just get so much more, like IPMI, more ram and better hardware..

• yomeroyomero Member

@earl said: better hardware

And "small" and old disks

• earlearl Member

@yomero said: And "small" and old disks

But I think they were enterprise drives..

• yomeroyomero Member

@earl said: But I think they were enterprise drives..

Indeed
    Still I wonder if that can make a real difference.
    I am still using the L5420 btw, so far, so good.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@yomero said: Still I wonder if that can make a real difference.

I am still using the L5420 btw, so far, so good.

compared to the WD I have now in my C2Q, I feel the Seagate I got with the L5420 sure felt snappier even thought they were older drives..

So you have the L5420 from WII, do you still have the Opteron HP server from DS?

• requested a reload of debian 7 for free.

• yomeroyomero Member

@earl
    No, I replaced it with this one. Is like 3 times more powerful, has more space and faster disks.
    The two cons:

• The network connection was better at DS.
    • As we discussed already, the ipmi is using one of my IPs :-(
  • earlearl Member

@joshuatly said: requested a reload of debian 7 for free.

Hmm I think it's $5 for a reload or you have to wait till next month, but good luck in getting it free.

@yomero said: - The network connection was better at DS.

Yup.. I wish WII would do the same specs like 1 Gbit port 20 TB instead of the 100 Mbit unmetered.

@yomero said: - As we discussed already, the ipmi is using one of my IPs :-(

Not only did it come with an extra IP it was on a different IP range from your /29 which lets you sleep better at night!

• earlearl Member

@herbyscrub said: Edit: Got a Q9300. Not quite as lucky as the rest. WD 500GB @ 66 hours too.

So did they make a mistake on giving you a C2D E6700? now they upgraded you to a Q9300?

• @earl said: So did they make a mistake on giving you a C2D E6700? now they upgraded you to a Q9300?

Yeah, swapped out the dual core for the quad, which was what I ordered. Rather have your Q9550 though!

• earlearl Member

@herbyscrub said: Rather have your Q9550 though!

Hehe.. yeah no doubt, the Q9300 is nice but the Q9550 has the 12 M cache.

Wonder if anyone got a Q9650?

• @earl said: Wonder if anyone got a Q9650?

I had a Q9650 in my drawer collecting dust for a year...finally got around to eBay. Sold for $200...no clue why.

• earlearl Member

@herbyscrub said: Sold for $200...no clue why.

It's crazy what C2Q are selling for!! been looking to upgrade my dell desktop but it's cheaper to just buy a newer used computer than upgrading..

• I have a $19/m atom with them with a 500gb drive. $19 to anyone who wants it and is an existing customer

• all is out of stock now.

• earlearl Member

@dedicados said: all is out of stock now.

It was sold out couple of days ago! but does not look like they are restocking more.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@dragoon0309

Do they allow transfer?

• @bcarlsonmedia yes, if you are an existing customer they told me its fine.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Interesting. They didn't allow it before.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@dragoon0309 - cool! I'll have to consider your offer. These are great for reselling shared hosting. :)

• Anyone want my dual core atom with a 500gb drive that cost's $19/month? I will sell it for $12 but you have to be a current customer.

• I've got a dual L5420 w/ 16GB RAM and it's pretty nice. Does a great job with Minecraft server hosting.

• dragontamerdragontamer Member
    edited May 2013

With Debian 7 released, I feel bad that I didn't cap one of these. Seems like a good time to migrate to a better server.

I definitely was thinking about the C2Q... quad-core for $30/month sounds like a good deal.

Oh well, I guess I'll just get the next deal that comes along.

• @dragontamer said: Oh well, I guess I'll just get the next deal that comes along.

I don't plan on renewing my C2Q/500GB so if anyone wants it near the end, I can try transferring it. Should be around June 2nd.

• ranieranie Member

Restock on Core2Duo

• thehraythehray Member

Pls give me the direct link to cart. I cannot find the deal.

• thehraythehray Member

@raine if stocks are available pls post on this thread.