Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$19 /mo Dedicated Servers from Wholesaleinternet

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2013

However, even with the newest version, it is showing nearly 900,000 hours...

• rds100rds100 Member

Does it still say "Device is: Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]" ?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2013

@rds100: No, the newest version is aware of the right model type:

---- SNIP ----

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Model Family: Intel 520 Series SSDs
    Device Model: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A3
    Serial Number: CVCV249006PA120BGN
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 001517 803cfe5af
    Firmware Version: 400i
    User Capacity: 120,034,123,776 bytes [120 GB]
    Sector Size: 512 bytes logical/physical
    Rotation Rate: Solid State Device
    Device is: In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]

Power_On_Hours_and_Msec 0x0032 000 000 000 Old_age Always 895092h+54m+30.240s

---- SNAP ----

Strange, really. According to those results, my SSDs have more than twice my age...

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

Just found out my server has a gigabyte motherboard P43-ES3G

Also it seems everything is all sold out at WII, not sure if they will restock..

• JacobJacob Member

Time machine...

@Amitz said: my SSDs have more than twice my age...

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Jacob said: Time machine...

;-) But sincerely - How shall I interpret this? Is smartctl sometimes wrong with that information?

• yomeroyomero Member

@earl said: Also it seems everything is all sold out at WII,

And I was still thinking on getting one )=

@earl said: P43-ES3G

Desktop hardware... hmmm, overclock time :P

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@yomero I've always wondered about that...

• 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 3701

root@debian:~# smartctl --all /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.40 2010-07-12 r3124 [i686-pc-linux-gnu] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Device Model: Hitachi HDS721010DLE630
    Serial Number: MSK5215H3E45AG
    Firmware Version: MS2OA610
    User Capacity: 1,000,204,886,016 bytes
    Device is: Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
    ATA Version is: 8
    ATA Standard is: ATA-8-ACS revision 4
    Local Time is: Sat May 4 20:04:13 2013 CDT
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

• Just got my $19 month atom server, they gave me a 500gb drive for free.

• @Jack I don't know that I want to sell it

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@yomero said: Desktop hardware... hmmm, overclock time :P

Heheh.. tempting but considering the wait time for KVMoIP is two weeks I think I will leave it be, if anything I should have upgraded to the 1TB drive for the extra $5 as those perform much better cause of the 32MB cache compared to my 16MB cache.

• herbyscrubherbyscrub Member
    edited May 2013

I just got my server...but it's a dual core 6700 instead of a quad, or maybe disabled in bios? Hope they swap it to a 9550 like everyone else!

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@herbyscrub said: I just got my server...but it's a dual core 6700 instead of a quad

E6700 is a C2D, they must have made a mistake? I would put in a ticket..

unless you mean Q6700?

edited May 2013

@earl said: E6700 is a C2D, they must have made a mistake? I would put in a ticket..

Yeah, I can't actually tell since ESX only tells me 6700 lol. But the L1/L2 cache figures does match up with E6700 and not Q6700.

Edit: Got a Q9300. Not quite as lucky as the rest. WD 500GB @ 66 hours too.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@herbyscrub said: Yeah, I can't actually tell since ESX only tells me 6700 lol.

Well if esxi can only see two cores you probably got a C2D.
    If you enabled SSH you could try cat /proc/cpuinfo in putty.. otherwise just put in a ticket they are normally pretty quick to respond.

• MeeMee Member

Hmm do you get a confirmation email when you order? I ordered and now I'm afraid I entered the wrong email...

edited May 2013

@Mee said: Hmm do you get a confirmation email when you order? I ordered and now I'm afraid I entered the wrong email...

Got a few emails right after placing the order. Then got another email with server information a few days later.

ESX is pretty painful. Either this junk 500GB WD or no write cache. Need that KVM someday =x

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Just got both of mine!
    I got an "upgrade" to a Pentium D from a p4. :P
    And one has a bad hard drive, not surprising.

• earlearl Member

@herbyscrub said: Either this junk 500GB WD

I have the same drive and it only has 16mb cache compared to 32mb on the 1 TB drives that is offered on the upgrades.. not the greatest performing drive at least specs wise.

@bcarlsonmedia said: I got an "upgrade" to a Pentium D from a p4. :P

And one has a bad hard drive, not surprising.

I had some funny things happening on my C2Q as well, had to ask them to swap the RAM just in-case it was faulty..

• @herbyscrub said: ESX is pretty painful.

Proxmox FTW, the Proxmox installer is way better to do than the Debian Squeeze install which can confuse some people. Promox installer, which I did the other day, was Microsoft install easy

• mojedamojeda Member

TIL Debian 6 is hard to install.

• earlearl Member

@doughmanes said: the Proxmox installer is way better to do than the Debian Squeeze install which can confuse some people.

Yup proxmox is quick and super easy to install, but I don't think Debian is hard to install at all, unless you are setting up software RAID on it which maybe a little more complicated than the standard install..

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

Anybody having issues with their IP setting off the antivirus or mbam?

The first set of IP's they gave me was all on a blacklist and it was setting off avast so they swapped me new IP's which was fine until earlier today now MBAM is blocking the new IP's?

I checked on mxtoolbox does not seem the new IP's is on a blacklist, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same? I don't have a website on it just the fresh install of proxmox..

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2013

@Jack said: The researcher at MBAM's is a bit of a ..... and blocks anything that he doesn't like usually :)

I had to swap the IP's again, now it's working fine.. even if it is a false positive if ever I get a site going then anyone using MBAM would not be able to access the site..

MBAM was actually blocking beyond my /29 IP range, hopefully this will be the last time I have to swap the IP's..

• earlearl Member

@Jack said: Open a thread on there forum. there is a FP section.

Not gona bother.. WII already swapped me new IP's, with the amount of bad IP's I've been getting I'm thinking WII must have their fair share of bad clients!!

• @Jack said: I know malwarebytes dropped all of Voxilty's ranges.

Heh I know who contributed to that

• Not too hard to realize Voxility's locations and providers who are in the location then compare AUP/TOS

• @earl said: if ever I get a site going

You would be brave to host anything significant on these ancient boxes imo!

• earlearl Member

@herbyscrub said: You would be brave to host anything significant on these ancient boxes imo!

I don't think the C2Q is too bad and the hard drive is less than a year old.. but yeah would prefer server grade hardware then these desktop computers..