Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

serverian said: Is there a school for web hosting that I don't know about?

You didn't attend the CC Sponsored 'Host in a Box' lectures at the airport Hilton? We were all there! They had free punch and cookies.

EDIT: Plus if you hid in the closet for 2 hours you could come back in for the investing seminar without having to pay for re-entry!

Thanked by 3nunim ihatetonyy Pwner
  • CVPS_Chris said: Stop making derogatory remarks

Big words for someone who just said:

CVPS_Chris said: Fran and his horse are just scum of the earth

• Quality thread, and I think CVPS are entitled to be aggressive here

Go on.. :)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@W1V_Lee, I would say we are more reputable than BuyVM is. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. We have over 25,000 customers and very very little complaints. So you may see one or two a month.... in the big picture that is literally nothing. Also, again, ColoCrossing has nothing to do with CVPS, it must be nice to keep lying to yourself to justify answers.

@Chumbi, so you are saying that working at a store during college is not allowed? Where did you work as a teen? Your comment has no substance to it and is just your jealousy but thats ok. Again I don't expect you to really understand anything.

@Manndude, I don't think he was saying that sarcastically, just made yourself look like the dumb*** that you are.

Back on topic, where is @Francisco in all of this? Pretty funny he has nothing to say. Probably because he doesnt know where to start to clean up this mess. The facts and allegations are pretty big ones, hope he has something good to clear it all up.

• LeeLee Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: You are trying to compare apples to oranges. We have over 25,000 customers

Like I said:

on the internet, where people and infrastructure are hidden out of view people will shave a couple of millimeters off the truth here and there, it's easy to do because a lot of what you are told from providers is not easily verified

And we all know how you like to shave a bit of the truth and on several occasions, but oh yeah, you are telling the truth now though, right?

• @CVPS_Chris Probably working on some smart replies with the other dude is my guess..

For me they made a total ass of themselves in the thread on vpsboard with mao, so this doesn't surprise me a bit tbh

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited January 2014

@CVPS_Chris said:

I seem to remember a few threads involving you directly participating(IE your name was on the paypal account)/owning UGVPS, which was fraudulently using wife's name/information as the legal owner, you went quiet and said nothing whilst disregarding proof, and then re-appearing a month or two later with a press release "purchasing" said company.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I have a full plate of things to roll out today so I'll keep this short. Your cpanel comments are incorrect, you're welcome to check against http://verify.cpanel.net for either 205.185.112.51 or 199.195.255.51, our BuyVM+ boxes. We use DNSONLY for the DNS boxes but that's a free product.

To answer joepie, everything is in their respective DC's, a ping test will show that assuming you don't get tons of jitter on it.

For the slabbing we use a single, fat, instance on each node, meaning 95% of the nodes ram is available inside of the KVM and all cores are as well. We shave off some of the RAM for node side processes.

@Bobby is right, I've been making an ass of myself. I'm going to just leave things at this point since I've addressed any concerns of paying customers.

Francisco

• They should start teaching PR in those MBA courses...

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    W1V_Lee, I would say we are more reputable than BuyVM is. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. We have over 25,000 customers and very very little complaints.

Yeah... and that's all verifiable, isn't it? Googling chicagovps reveals only happy faces and very very little complaints, as you say.

For a company as gigantic as yours (25,000 customers... man, just the thought of that number makes my body tremble), I am still amazed about the professionalism your "parent" company portrays. In fact, I believe I now have a crush on your "Chief Network Officer" Shinkle. He is quite the cutie (although I wish he'd take the glasses off - I am sure without he'd be even prettier).

Chumbi, so you are saying that working at a store during college is not allowed? Where did you work as a teen? Your comment has no substance to it and is just your jealousy but thats ok. Again I don't expect you to really understand anything.

My apologies for my ignorance and lack of understanding. How much I wish I had your level of insight. Oh, and it's good to know you were still a teen until January 2013. You must have had a great time in college, or else why did you stay there for almost six years?

Back on topic, where is Francisco in all of this? Pretty funny he has nothing to say. Probably because he doesnt know where to start to clean up this mess.

He is probably too scared with you being around.

The facts and allegations are pretty big ones, hope he has something good to clear it all up.

Oh, he does actually! Lot's of positive reviews, "very very little complaints", as you like to call it, and VMs that are performing quite well. Actions speak louder than words.

@SkylarM, that post didnt show anything other than a money transfer in which Tom owed me money. I went quite because I went out of town and enjoyed my time away.

Again back on topic, we are all still waiting for Fran to respond.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Again back on topic, we are all still waiting for Fran to respond.

We, as in Your Highness? Hint: Scroll up three posts.

• Okay guys, after so many pages of popcorn, let me put my POV.

Nested-Virt : Is that a bad thing? No, when you manage it well & not get greedy.

Can every one do it? You can try but I doubt you can pull it off well like @Fransisco

Atleast he is trying to be different, innovative & mature in this kid-centric industry

For your reading pleasure : http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/08/ravello-interesting-solution-using.html

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-nestedvirtualization/index.html?ca=drs

Solus / Stallion : I am not having active services with them right now, however I can say they maintained many things similar (atleast the UI) in v1.0 and still follow same API structure in recent versions, but there are many improvements and tweaks which have made Stallion better. Now did they steal it? Its similar to reactos vs windows 95. unless there is an independent audit, no one will know.. and as a user, no one really cares. afaik, the whmcs they use has more custom hooks and what not than any LEB provider here, and one could also accuse them for stealing it ;) But please...

Basement @Bativia : In their "Pulling out of CC" thread in the other forum, they did mention they picked up servers in TWO locations and one was from Ald's family friends . The post here does mentions, that it was "funky setup using some bonded business lines. It works, it's just not amazing.". This was posted in 27 October 2013. Call it an advantage when you own your IPs, however I can recall the frustrations of users when there was a serious bandwidth issue for weeks/months and we had countless threads on LET about the same.. and when @Maounique and many others pointed out the obvious were crucified by the puppets of BuyVM and that was the time LEB/T was kinda operated by BuyVM.

But the point is,, when someone is willing to pay for it, why not and why bother? They are still in the top 10 and financially viable because people have been voting with their cash...

To the impartial and transparent other forum : Why there isn't a cover story on this from your in-house CIA? Also please take back your puppet army. The show is over. no?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can anybody give me a TL:DR version? Lots of pages...

Chumbi said: My apologies for my ignorance and lack of understanding. How much I wish I had your level of insight. Oh, and it's good to know you were still a teen until January 2013. You must have had a great time in college, or else why did you stay there for almost six years?

Last time I checked, college is 4 years, and MBA program is another 2 no? 4+2 = 6.

Francisco said: I've addressed any concerns of paying customers.

You have not addressed the concerns. What is the address of the building in Batavia? How were you ok with bait and switch? And then blaming ColoCrossing for issues that was not even on ColoCrossing end.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Last time I checked, college is 4 years, and MBA program is another 2 no? 4+2 = 6.

And last time I checked, you specifically referred to college.

Anyhow, did you see what I wrote about your Chief Network Officer? Could you hook me up with him?

Oh, I followed your lead to find more about the reputation of chicagovps. The best I came up with (in fact you seem to agree - it's so good that you prominently pointed it out on your website) is:

"Lligendi volutasass Fusce euis mod consequat ante. Lorem ripsum dolor sit amet, consecs tetuer adipiscing elit. Pelle nametesque sed dolor. Aliquai porta congue fermentum nisls. Maurisse accumsane."

So said a guy named John Franklin about you whose website is www.demolink.org. Must be hard to pick the best testimonial out of 25,000 happy customers.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @mpkossen said:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/409532/#Comment_409532

Francisco: guess I was right after all, eh?

For the community manager, employed by CC that is supposed to be a neutral party, you sure seem to side with CC in this bashfest.

@CVPS_Chris - All you seem to spout is HE WAS MEAN TO ME I GET TO BE MEAN TO HIM.

Seriously, this thread is nothing but pure bullshit spewing, people tearing at the heels of others etc. Pretty sad that even @SysAdmin thought he needed to join and put in his 2c alongside the rest of the CC family tree.

• CVPS_Chris said: There are many more skeletons that will come out

Just get lost man, you've came out, now go back and hide in the closet!

Thanked by 1Chumbi
  • @MrObvious, after the latest fiasco with HVH and CC, it must feel like balm for the soul for some to find someone else you can deflect the discussion to - no matter how insignificant.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

MrObvious said: For the community manager, employed by CC that is supposed to be a neutral party, you sure seem to side with CC in this bashfest.

I think most of us figured out that @mpkossen was more CC centric than he made out and as time has went on it's just got more and more clear.

Thanked by 2Darwin TheLinuxBug
  • Jeffrey said: Just get lost man

lol

• W1V_Lee said: I think most of us figured out that @mpkossen was more CC centric than he made out and as time has went on it's just got more and more clear.

IMHO that was always very clear. Kossen is getting paid by CC, so obviously his primary goal is to protect CC and it's collaborators. As a consequence another of his goals is to attack those that CC doesn't like and it has been shown in the past that he uses his administrative powers to achive those goals.

Thanked by 2Lee TheLinuxBug
  • ballard26ballard26 Member
    edited January 2014

Not really sure why people are so quick to support one side or the other with very little evidence for either. Then again, rationality wasn't an expectation of mine when I joined this forum.

Thanked by 2tchen mpkossen
  • bobbybobby Member
    edited January 2014

@gsrdgrdghd agreed to some extent, but imagine the drama if CVPS (or any CC-host) would have been caught doing this. The CC-OCD guy on vpsboard would have had a field day..

(Not current or future customer of any, and never will be)

Go on..

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited January 2014

@123Systems said:
    For what it's worth, Francisco can talk the shorts off of a nun. He's very good at deflection and whenever anything such as this comes up, he's going to piss in your face and make you believe it's raining.

Bless you!

@bobby said:
    The CC-OCD guy on vpsboard would have had a field day..

lmao

• Spirit said: My guess is that Batavia venture never really existed and it was just unlucky lie to cover slabbing (75% less nodes in Buffalo than they advertised) and now this same lie bite them in the ass.

First family members place, then office space, then office space with reinforced doors, concrete walls and what not..

It's just guess of course.

@darkshire said:
    i did a quick check on FIOS availability in Batavia NY, and got this.

http://puu.sh/6DTIz.png/ss (2014-01-30 at 10.03.20).png

NO FIOS AVAILABLE

the address i entered is Batavia City Hall.
    http://www.batavianewyork.com/

@Wintereise said:
    Someone confirmed a few pages back that Batavia didn't have FiOS available; who knows?

Did Batavia simply not exist or was the connectivity even worse? Clearly FiOS is not available there.

• @HostNun said:

Does that mean you're currently not wearing shorts?

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited January 2014

@MrObvious said:
    Seriously, this thread is nothing but pure bullshit spewing, people tearing at the heels of others etc. Pretty sad that even SysAdmin thought he needed to join and put in his 2c alongside the rest of the CC family tree.

So what's your point? That we are allowed to have opinion only when we're bashing CC? There's numerous anti - CC threads and it's just pathetic how BuyVM sockpuppets deny community right to discuss about anything else except CC.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • apart from all the hate ...

can someone explain the drawbacks of slabs. Because i loved the idea :)

Thanked by 2ryanarp TriDoxiuM
This discussion has been closed.